• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Cutler

nofishfisherman

Way tooooooo much hating going on for poor Chilli. He is one of the most qualified coaches out there......................... for a sixth grade team that is.

• Replies 417
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scott K

• zamboni

• Sandmannd

• Born2Fish

Way tooooooo much hating going on for poor Chilli. He is one of the most qualified coaches out there......................... for a sixth grade team that is.

Do you have something against 6th graders? grin

Brady wouln't have been allowed to do anything under Chili?? Did you see how they opened up the playbook for Ferotte last year when he came in. We went from a purely running team to everyone crying about us throwing too much and AP not getting enough touches. And I don't remember Tom Brady needing several years as a starter before they trusted him in his position. I remember him looking so good right away that they dumped their franchise QB. As far as Chili not developing T Jack enough yet then its going to be a while longer. There is no way he sees the field this year unless Sage gets hurt.......

Just seen on ESPN about 5 minutes ago that Pat Bowlen is starting the process of talking to other teams about trading Jay Cutler. Not sure how that will go, but it is starting to get interesting again.

This thing just wont die....what will [PoorWordUsage] you purple faithful off more is when we get to see him 2 times a year playing within our division laugh

Just seen on ESPN about 5 minutes ago that Pat Bowlen is starting the process of talking to other teams about trading Jay Cutler. Not sure how that will go, but it is starting to get interesting again.

Said last night on ESPNs ticker Cutler has forfeited $100,000 skipping his conditioning sessions this offseason. I can almost guarantee he won't play in a Broncos uniform ever again, but I am not getting my hopes up of him coming here

They are publicly shopping him around now because they've had no takers at what they're asking for him in the last few weeks. He's starting to get a bad reputation in the league right now of being a "Jeff George" type. I would think the Broncos may be getting a little nervous about this situation as their compensation for him drops every time he opens up his mouth and cries foul....

This thing just wont die....what will tick you purple faithful off more is when we get to see him 2 times a year playing within our division laugh

Won't happen. If he goes to the Lions, expect immediate failure. If he goes to the Bears, well we all know what happens to QB's in chicago. He might have a good stats year if he goes to Detroit, but ONLY because of Johnson. Even IF he comes to our division and is not on our team, it just gives Jared Allen 2 games to hit him and make that whining stop!!!!

They are publicly shopping him around now because they've had no takers at what they're asking for him in the last few weeks. He's starting to get a bad reputation in the league right now of being a "Jeff George" type. I would think the Broncos may be getting a little nervous about this situation as their compensation for him drops every time he opens up his mouth and cries foul....

Other teams that are interested might be dropping "unnamed sources" to the media spinning him as a bad apple as well to get him onthecheap. All I know is he was a winner at Vanderbilt in the SEC against much adversity. Can he be a pre-madonna, maybe....but so was Farve who needed to be told how great he was as well. His feelings got hurt in Denver, now he wants out; period. He is a gamer, just like his buddy grin Rivers in the AFC West.

Born2Fish, its motive and the means....put Chicago up to that measurements and they have as good a shot if not better than most to land him.

Oh no i understand that, I just meant that Chicago has had some really bad QB's as of late, and no one to put around Cutler. Not saying we have stud WR's for him, but much more so than in Chicago.

I just dont see the Vikes going after him, they already had a chance to land him and it would have been a done deal. I dont see them changing their minds unless the price is cheap, and I am sure it wont be. I think he will be a Jet.

I read someplace that the coaching staff was not all that convinced about Cutler so that played a roll in not pursuing him any further. Don't know if it was Cutler's attitude, play, or a combo. that had mixed reviews from the coaches. It will be interesting to see how this all plays out when he does get traded and see how he develops.

Why do the Vikings care if he is emotionable, sign him, give him a box a kleenex and lets play football!!

Agreed, who cars, he's leaps above what we have now. Get him here. If the coaches don't like it, show 'em the door.

Just a little more proof that the personnel running the Vikings are a bunch of goofs. Who wouldn't want a Pro Bowl QB on their team? So he whines and complains......show me someone who deosn't at that level. He feels like he got a raw deal in Denver, is mad and probably can feel the knife in his back. Wants out, so now everyone is calling him a crybaby.....bottom line is that the kid is a gunslinger and instantly makes any team better the minute he puts on their uniform. Vikings don't go after him, then they must want to lose.

Well you can forget about him wearing purple. This came out today. Apparently all you have to do in pro sports if you don't want to play for a team is cry like a baby. Just seams really unfair to the city of Denver if you ask me. The players always say its all about the fans and then they do things like this.....its all the fans of the Denver Broncos who support that "team" that feal like they have been stabbed in the back.

“Numerous attempts to contact Jay Cutler in the last 10 days, both by head coach Josh McDaniels and myself, have been unsuccessful,” Bowlen said. “A conversation with his agent [bus Cook] earlier [Tuesday] clearly communicated and confirmed to us that Jay no longer has any desire to play for the Denver Broncos. We will begin discussions with other teams in an effort to accommodate his request to be traded".

Several league personnel sources confirmed to Yahoo! Sports that at least six teams are expected to be seriously involved in trade talks: the New York Jets, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, San Francisco 49ers and Cleveland Browns. The Jacksonville Jaguars have also shown interest, while the Minnesota Vikings actually pulled the plug on trade negotiations for Cutler back in February.

Yea, he was the cause of pulling the plug before, maybe the will rethink it. If he doesn't want him, get rid of Chili.

I heard they want to move him out of the AFC.

Here is another one from today. I guess Chili could care less what the fans think anyway.

Brad Childress won't let public opinion sway him, but the Vikings coach does read much of what is written about his team. And what he's been reading is this: The quarterback situation is in near-disarray.

That would explain the steady stream of Jay Cutler rumors, which will only grow following Tuesday's announcement that the Broncos will trade him, or 41-year-old Jeff George recently telling Yahoo! Sports, "If I was in Minnesota, I guarantee I'd be wearing a ring right now." George hasn't thrown an NFL pass since the 2001 season.

But Childress holds the only opinion that matters, and while he isn't claiming that Tarvaris Jackson or Sage Rosenfels are necessarily headed for Canton, he also doesn't agree with much of what he has read.

"I don't see it as in shambles," Childress said. "Now, do you want improvement there? Yeah. We always know that the laser is going to get pointed at the quarterback. But I don't feel that way. I feel like we've upgraded with a guy like Sage, and I think that those two guys will compete. ... Would we love to have a guy that could be a 10-year starter? Yeah, we would."

Childress mentioned an earlier "clamoring" from fans and media for the Vikings to sign free-agent quarterback Jeff Garcia, but dismissed such a move as a stop-gap measure. Trading a 2009 fourth-round pick to Houston for Rosenfels in late February instead of signing the 39-year-old Garcia was an attempt at a longer-term solution, he said.

"I think we've got a younger, Gus Frerotte-type guy [in Rosenfels] with knowledge in the system that Gus didn't have," Childress said. "I don't think there is anything wrong with a 31-year-old quarterback that's more athletic than Gus."

The Vikings' plan is to have Rosenfels, who played in a West Coast system with the Texans, and Jackson compete for the starting spot in training camp. Both are expected to arrive in the Twin Cities this week and be at Winter Park on Monday when the Vikings' offseason program begins.

The feeling of many is that Jackson will have the upper hand in this competition simply because Childress favors him. A second-round pick in 2006, Jackson has been inconsistent as a starter and lost his job to Frerotte after the Vikings got off to an 0-2 start last season. Frerotte, 37, posted an 8-3 record but Jackson managed to reclaim and then hang onto the job after Frerotte suffered a back injury.

Jackson did not leave a good final impression for 2008, completing only 15 of 35 passes and having an interception returned for a touchdown by cornerback Asante Samuel in a 26-14 first-round playoff loss to Philadelphia.

Asked about this perception of favoritism toward Jackson, Childress said: "I'm going to do what's best for this team, just like when we were 0-2. [We] put a guy in that was 8-3. Did Tarvaris like that? He absolutely didn't like that. Nor would I have expected him to like it. Just like I was going to do what was best for the team -- and some may argue [with the decision] -- when I stayed with Tarvaris. Gus wasn't happy. But you do what you do. That's how I put food on the table. I do what I feel like is right for the team."

Jackson recently told the Star Tribune that he doesn't feel he is treated any differently than any other player.

"I feel like [Childress] has believed in me, getting me better and seeing me progress," Jackson said. "But at the same time I'm like everyone else. They try to make it different because you're a quarterback but I feel like everyone else. I work just as hard or harder. ... I don't look at it as I'm Brad Childress' guy. I just look at it as I'm trying to get better and believe I can help the team win games."

Childress is right: Frerotte wasn't pleased with how things ended in 2008. Frerotte, who was released after Rosenfels was obtained, wasn't the first veteran quarterback to not work out in Minnesota since Childress took over in 2006. Brad Johnson lasted only one season and did not depart on the best of terms.

But Childress made it clear he has no problem with veteran quarterbacks in general, and said each situation must be judged on a case-by-case basis.

"I don't think you can paint yourself in that box," he said. "I don't think that's a good way to go about it. It takes all kinds. ... It's just, do you feel like a guy would fit? Now you've got to get to know them a little bit and you've got to do research around them a little bit and see what his personality is like, how is he wired?"

41-year-old Jeff George recently telling Yahoo! Sports, "If I was in Minnesota, I guarantee I'd be wearing a ring right now." George hasn't thrown an NFL pass since the 2001 season.

Thanks i needed a laugh.

Denver obviously wants more than the Vikes are willing to dish out.

"I don't see it as in shambles," Childress said. "Now, do you want improvement there? Yeah. We always know that the laser is going to get pointed at the quarterback. But I don't feel that way. I feel like we've upgraded with a guy like Sage, and I think that those two guys will compete. ... Would we love to have a guy that could be a 10-year starter? Yeah, we would."

But he won't go after Cutler? WOW.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Childress is not going to say he will pursue Cutler even if they do pursue the Cutler deal behind the scenes. Saying it raises the asking price. The more interest publicly shown the higher the price. Secondly it shows lack of confidance in his current QBs and I see no positives in doing that.

He's saying the right things on this issue. He hasn't ruled out getting Cutler. I just hope he is doing the right things to acquire Cutler!!!

I hope you are right! If selling tickets is what its about, they are not going at it the right way. Its not looking good.

Quote:
Vikings coach Brad Childress reiterated Tuesday that he is satisfied with the team's quarterback situation going into the 2009 season.

Childress emphasized that Sage Rosenfels is familiar with his system and is an upgrade on Gus Frerotte. Yahoo.com is also reporting that the Vikings won't be players for Jay Cutler because his personality has been red-flagged among coaches and front office types in Minnesota.

Fire Childress, Fire Childress.. I can hear the chant at the dome already!!!

Really. I cant even imagine hearing that, because the way it is looking, I wont be there, and they wont sell enough tickets to sell out to see them on tv.

Childress is not going to say he will pursue Cutler even if they do pursue the Cutler deal behind the scenes. Saying it raises the asking price. The more interest publicly shown the higher the price. Secondly it shows lack of confidance in his current QBs and I see no positives in doing that.

He's saying the right things on this issue. He hasn't ruled out getting Cutler. I just hope he is doing the right things to acquire Cutler!!!

Rick, you're either onto something or you're on somthing. laugh

That does make sense, I just know that Chili has it in him to say it just to hide a deal in the works.