• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"Marchin' for Perch" - An FM/HSO Get Together

UPDATE:

Confirmed

riverrat56

amp88

BK19

88fan

zappy

hawkeye43

walleyehunter80

sausageman

BehindtheHead

Papa Grump

ec30_06

Rippinlip

"Maybe"

zepman

katofishingguy

harvey lee

BezD40

No_Net

PDOGG

dtro

Schwanny

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riverrat56

• Team Otter

• KTapper

• PDOGG

I was around the lake today, The only place would be where the river comes into tetonka that one should stay away from.

dtro, you want me to leave the yellow light flashing on top of my truck for you??? grin

hey guys. i'm new to posting but have been reading for a while. these get togethers sound like a pretty good time, so count me in on sat. look forward to meeting all of ya

88Fan, I will be leaving NU around 8 tomorrow, I should be to the lake by 9:30, I'll look for you!

no bait nate, welcome to the party! Glad to have you aboard!

UPDATE:

Confirmed

riverrat56

amp88

BK19

88fan

zappy

hawkeye43

walleyehunter80

sausageman

BehindtheHead

Papa Grump

ec30_06

Rippinlip

no bait nate

"Maybe"

zepman

katofishingguy

harvey lee

BezD40

No_Net

PDOGG

dtro

Schwanny

Welcome to FM/HSO no bait nate!

Trouble, I'm still home....Got a late start to the morning...I'll be staying out till probably dark now, give me call when you get out there.

507-382-3075

If anyone does not want to drive their truck on the lake they can catch a ride with me, I will have my side by side atv at the hatchery landing and can make multiple trips if needed. If you get to the landing and want a ride or for me to haul your stuff just give me a ring 507-381-5745

josh

Ok, just got back from the lake-

I fished from 11 till 7:30, it was pretty tough out there, not unlike Tetonka often is, but I eventually put together a pretty consistent crappie bite as well as a few perch mixed in. At least it's a place to start tomorrow.

Ice conditions were very good still, over the course of the day the top inch got a bit soft, but there is ~22" of ice still, there were trucks all over the lake today. If you have a 4-wheeler I would still bring it as the big warm up tomorrow could do a number on the ice, but I will be driving out still tomorrow.

See everyone in the morning!

Tough day for me as well. Just as soon as the perch started biting for me the walleyes moved in and chased them out. Checked a couple shallow holes on the way off the lake and marked several fish and caught and released a nice bass, making me think I may have been looking too deep all day. We will find out tomorrow.

i wont be able to make it i am still battling this cold and now my son amp88 has one too good luck guys

Deep was the story for me today out there. 25- 28ft. Tried shallow (7ft-15ft) for a few hours and picked up a nice jumbo perch and a few sunnies and a bass. Started drilling holes out in the main basin until I contacted fish and then it was on. Fish went nuts from about 4:45-7:30. I plan on being out in the afternoon tommorow. Ice is still in great shape but the landing may get tricky in the late afternoon. Good luck to everyone heading out in the a.m.

CAUTION: the sportsmans club accs. has been heving and settling for 2 days 30 yards form shore. probibly not safe.

I was only able to fish a few hours this morning, but look what Papa Grump brought through the ice!

012640x480.jpg

Nice smallie! I will have to target themthis open water season there. I have a feeling I will be spending a lot of time on Tetonka this summer.

Not bad for my first smallie,eh? Too bad it wasn't earlier in the season, would have made for some nice cut bait grin

Ed and I bugged out to the "other" lake for the afternoon and brought home some nice sunnies and a few crappies. Glad to see everyone again

Just got back home, I've got fish to clean and then I'll make a full report.....

Those who left early missed out on some pretty solid action!

Riverrat Can you drop me an e-mail at [email protected] I have a question for you? Nice to meet you today wish I could have stayed longer but my parents were coming from sleepy eye to visit. Brian

I went to battle with a largemouth in the early afternoon, she won, I did get a good look at her and all I can say is WOW! Got into some perch later on, kept a few for dinner tomorrow and released the rest. The biggest perch still didn't want to bite for me, only peck at it. The 8-10 inchers were fairly aggresive. Never did find many gills other than the ones that roamed into my perch spot, the ones that did come through were very aggresive. The walleye future for this lake looks very bright, I had small ones on the camera all afternoon. Nice meeting everyone.

Well It was a nice day on the ice, there was a pretty good turnout for the gtg, all though I didnt really meet anyone other than nick it was a good time. I also want to thank the guy who made that diamond plated auger holder on the front of his 4 wheeler I think I might steal your idea if its alright?

Another thing i figured out is that NOT all Promap lake chips are the same and the newer ones have a worse map of tetonka than the old ones! Does anyone else ever compair their chip to someone elses? If so do you ever see a difference?

3 perch are all i cought today. One of the slowest days on the ice for me this year and also was one of the best. Very nice weather (if your back was to the wind!). Its just too bad its going to eat the ice away.

Nice smallie papa grump, nice video dtro! That thing sure was pulling drag

88fan where did you fish? were you off mcpete point?

josh

walleyehunter80 I went back down to the east end near the beach. I should have introduced myself, I had the paper map when you guys were comparing lake chips.

Fishing during the day was kinda slow for us but the evening bite really took off again and we ended with more than enough sunnies and crappies for three guys. The action came as fast as you could get your jig down. Lot's of fun with a couple of buddies of mine and the weather was great all day. 26 feet again/soft bottom...roughly the same spot as yesterday. Some of the best ice-fishing I've had all winter.

Ok I'm done cleaning fish now....

A slow start to the day gave way to some pretty consistent crappie action in the afternoon. Oddly enough the key to catching fish was upsizing, Buckshot spoons, Jigging raps (no not used by me) and Rattl'n Flyers were out producing Fiska and Diamond jigs. Although we roamed around the whole lake, we kept coming back to the same general area we started in. It was common to only catch one fish out of a hole in the morning and early afternoon and then need to move on, but as evening rolled in the fish started to stack up and were very aggressive.

I won't name names, but a member of this site displayed some serious talent for icing sheephead....

I had a great time meeting some new people and also seeing some that I hadn't for awhile, the weather was great other than the wind and the fish sort of cooperated.

All in all it was a great day on the ice, sadly it is most likly my last day out this year cry

I want to know who has the talent for sheepies! I have iced 2 this year and lost one at the hole.