• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

"Marchin' for Perch" - An FM/HSO Get Together

Lake Tetonka is one of the choice opportunities in the area for better than average multi-species action. However, one species is often overlooked out there; the perch. Now, you're not going to catch 12 - 14+" fish consistently but you can catch 9 - 11" fish consistently and I'll tell you what, there's nothing better than heating up some oil for a batch of fresh perch filets. So, come one and all to Lake Tetonka on Saturday, March 14, 2009 for a day of late ice perch searchin'. This event is free for all to attend and certain to be a good time. It's simply a bunch of people getting together to laugh and learn. We'll meet by 9:00 am at the public landing just South and West of the fish hatchery on the lake, just outside the town of Waterville. If you need directions to the public landing, don't be afraid to ask here. Dependent on ice conditions, mode of transportation will be confirmed as the event nears. Meals will be on a "on your own" basis but I know some are planning to bring goodies and you are certainly welcome to do the same. Chime in here.

Please respond to this post if you (and others accompanying you) plan to attend. Unless noted otherwise, Nick D. (FM - riverrat56) will be hosting this event. Thank you!

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• riverrat56

• Team Otter

• KTapper

• PDOGG

Sorry, Me and Trouble28 have a day trip planned for Mille Lacs perch that day. Good luck to all.

Duane

I will probably be there. I got into some perch this weekend and they sure are tasty!

i wont be able to make it out. i got my weekend army drill i am required to attend. good luck to all.

I will be out prefishing next week during the week, if anyone wants to join me let me know!

i will try to make it, this is my weekend to be up on vermillion

Put me down as a possibility, I am going to attend a couple of deer shows and hopefully I can still make this get-together.

Mark

UPDATE:

Confirmed

riverrat56

amp88

BK19

"Maybe"

KTapper

zepman

walleyehunter80

Rippinlip

riverrat56 what days are you planning on fishing tetonka, I might have a day or two off next week.

I was planning on going but I think I will pass as I will be on sunny Lake Fork Texas fishin big green carp!!!!

PRETTY HARD TO COMPARE LAKE FORK GREENIES TO

SOUTHERN MN PERCH , I know where My heart would be!

I will most likely be out there all day on Wednesday and Friday morning/early evening.

its a little catch phrase by team otter for the title of a monthly get together this one os at tetonka as the perch come alive there at this time it is free for anyone to go to this

I want to but cannot commit until I know if I can walk by then. I just had a knee replacement.

I had a total knee done a few years ago. You will be walking but may want to avoid ice unless it is kept inside a plastic bag ! Good luck and listen to your PT.

Depending on how I do on Mille Lacs tommorrow, I just might venture south next weekend instead of north. SM

I'm busy that day and can't make it, but I'd like to try and get out there on the 15th. Would appricate hearing ice reports from those that pre-fish it and after you get home on the 14th.

I think I can handle that for you, I will mark the spot so you can't miss it, trust me. wink

Put me down as a maybe I would sure like to make it as I have not made it to any so far this season.

who is da 88fan?
A diehard ice fisher who is forced to work. There are 2 places to find him in the winter: on the ice or at work!

The perch are biting, was there on Friday and Saturday, Friday was the better of the 2. They actually preferred waxies over minnows.