• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
Musky Buck

State Record ?

Musky Buck

I don't like to bring up scoring bucks but I keep getting an email from a friend and they found a typical buck dead during rifle season and it scored 205. What is our typical record by archery,rifle,musket ? I would post the pic., but the person holding it I wouldn't want to throw that all over the net. I don't think he'd appreciate it and without his permission I wouldn't do it. Just curious.

Bear55

John Breen Buck 202" Minnesota typical state record. See if you can get permission to post the pics, I'm sure a lot of us would love to see them.

BreenWall.jpg

picksbigwagon

ask his permission to post it, if he says fine, email it to me and I will post it here.............

kr8r.tom

if he wants it officially scored for boone please let me know. was it a minnesota deer?

Mark Christianson

Is it a pic of the guy holding the head in his kitchen?

Musky Buck

Ok, might take some doing, I could e-mail it to you, just don't post until I get an Ok which might be tough to do, maybe not. I know the guy holding it, actually played baseball with him for years, but lost touch since retirement. They found it dead and couldn't tell if it had been poached or an arrow or what caused the death, I would say it is every bit what the Breen buck was. What is crazy is if it truly scored 205, 4 miles from where it was found came the 2005 state record by musket, non-typical however, and I can't get a bite on selling my land in that area, is there a source on here for selling land, I would think there is. Need your e-mail address.

Musky Buck

Yes big lake

Musky Buck

Yes, Ottertail county deer,

DaveT

Musky, you can't start a thread like this without posting the pictures, serious violation.

MILLELACMANIAC

Lets see a pic

picksbigwagon

Musky Buck, get the okay and send it to my email. Just click on my name and you will find the email.....only if you get permission.....

Musky Buck

Sorry Dave, should try to get permission first my bad, I just wanted to know what the typical record is because I thought it was more than 205. My uncle told me it was scored at 205 but was it really. It has a huge rack. I actually figured most people have seen it already. BigLake has seen it, so it's out there, I just owe the guy holding it some privacy. Would love to post it, but maybe someone on here knows him better than myself and could post it with his permission, I would have no problem e-mailing it to individuals, just don't want to be the reason he is getting maybe even calls or bothered by people. So 202 is the record, thanks, now I know that this deer had a shot possibly. There is a running rumor around that an archery hunter wounded it and never found it, but who knows.

B. Amish

the picture has already been posted on this site.

Mark Christianson

B Amish is correct.

I think I posted it in fact. Got it from someone to post up.

I'll believe the story when its in print somewhere with some solid info behind it.

Seems to be another case like the other hundred record bucks sent around the internet that never surface again.

mrklean

Where is it on the site? Post the link if you could

Quackaddict9

where on the site? get an offical B&C measurement to measure it and see what it scores. 205" is a big deer!

Mark Christianson

Found it.

DSCF0272.jpg

DSCF0273.jpg

B. Amish

the story is true. i don't know if the score is 100% accurate, but the buck is real and was found dead last fall.

Mark Christianson

Huge. yea.

205 inches on a 9 pt? Hmmm.

vister

i was at a party with some friends a few months ago and got to see it. i'd say close to 200" or better. the guy showing it off said it was 202 or something like that. thing had like 28" beams, HUGE! however, the person showing it wasn't the guy holding it in the prior picture, but i'm sure it was the same woodpile!

mrklean

205 i dont know but that is huge, see if he can get a score on it thats massive

propster

Hate to be naysayer, and without some point of reference I could be off a little, but as an official scorer for 20 years, no way that nets over 200". Big buck though and I'd love to see an official score.

B. Amish

i don't think the '205' is a net score. i'm guessing it's gross.

Mark Christianson

I dont think it grosses 205.

If it was truly a state record potential, I'd sure think we would have seen something about it in some publication by now.

Or the guy is Mitch Rampola's cousin, and isnt going to ever officially score it or display it. laugh

Musky Buck

That's what I mean, lots of people throwing numbers around, it is quite a specimen. Knowing the guy holding it, I don't doubt the unfortunate truth about the deer. I guess I questioned my uncle on this 205 thing and that's why I wanted to find out what the state record was so if I saw official verification I'd know where that buck stood just for my own curiosity. Wish the guy holding it would've had the chance to harvest it.