• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
2121 WARRIOR

pike fishing on pelican...

2121 WARRIOR

taking 3 boys out pike fishing on sunday at pelican lake...any idea where to go that we could walk out to and set up some flags? if there were sunnies in the area it would be a huge bonus to keep the kids occupied while waiting between flags. is there a spot by a resort with a plowed road, or somewhere to park thats not a huge hike..the kids are 7, 13, 14 so a little exersise wont hurt them.

p.s. i am 100% catch and release on pike, i havent kept one in ten years...i prefer to eat panfish, but the boys like to catch the pike!

side_laker

not sure about any plowed roads but i know the pike action should be good. let me know how you did I am going up there in two weeks

Grey Wolf  Lodge

If you want to park at our place and hike out about 325-375 steps off shore, there is a channel there about 8-11 feet deep and a few higher spots around there that might work. I have caught a few perch and pike over the past few weeks with jig (chartruese/orange) and a minnow. Perch love the same. I was hoping the crappie might bite, but they are usually in the deeper water. I was hoping to wet a line tomorrow. We are on the southshore of the lake in the middle of the lake. We have parking, but no roads plowed. Easy walking on snowmobile trails.

Grey Wolf Lodge

800-840-9653 (wolf)

greywolflodge.com

2121 WARRIOR

hey thanks again!!! i ended up not making it down there...but i might be able to next weekend...let me know how you do this week!

Grey Wolf  Lodge

I din't have any luck yesterday, but I hit a shallow spot and didn't have enuf tme to go to another spot. The ice was 32-36" thick. I had bites, but only small perch I think. Not a problem. Just call and let us know. 800-840-9653 (wolf)

Grey Wolf Lodge

greywolflodge.com