• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

On 1/1/2019 at 12:27 PM, leech~~ said:

Pelican, as in Killed off Duck swamp Pelican? 

tenor.gif?itemid=4347348

i was on it for the first time last winter..............theres some dandy pike in that killed of duck swamp and i plan on hitting it again!!!!

On 1/1/2019 at 2:43 PM, jigginjim said:

With the lake being lower there are several areas that the ice could be iffy.

why would that be??????? if  that body of water is nothing more then water filled farmland, i dont see that springs would be a problem>???????????? 

• 2 months later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Has anyone been out chasing panfish?

How was the ice?

How was the fishing?

• 2 months later...

Hey everyone.  I know the lakes have been high up there, but hows the fishing been?  My wife and I will be celebrating our anniversary weekend this month out on Clearwater.  I don't need spots.  I'm familiar with the lake.  I just want to know if anyone is catching anything.  This is a pretty quiet board.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Bowkill78, Most everything is going some place on the Clearwater lake. Bass, pike and walleyes. It all depends on your choice of equipment and what you hope to try for.  Panfish and bass are on beds, trolling can also hookup with a pike or walleye.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Nice report...any of you newbies want to join in here?

• Thumbs Up 1

Was up last weekend with the wife.  Got into some nice panfish and Pike.  Did a lot of goofing off once the lake got busy with the band.  All of the young kids with boats tearing up the lake made it tough to fish.  Had weeds floating all over. We still managed to eat fish and bring some home for our family.  Will be back up in a couple weeks with the family.  Hopefully can put some numbers on the board. I know my son is eager to chase northern and walleyes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Even with all the boat traffic you can find a areas to get away from the busy water.  I had a guide trip last weekend and still got some nice bass.  The wind blew so hard,  I looked for calmer areas , safety first when clients are on the water.

• Thumbs Up 2

Now that the 4th is over it should settle down out there.  Really looking forward to getting back up to the lake.  I hardly ever bass fish anymore but I need to go out and catch some again.  That's all I did when I was younger.  Might be the year to catch a few leopard frogs and go out and whack em.  Used to love fishing that way.  Sounds like a throw back year.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

I had a guy with two kids out before the storm blew in. got 4 nice bass and had a few pike on, but they shuck off before getting out the net. We left early as I noticed the weather going bad,  got boat on the trail as it started to pour. The lady inspecting boats helped pull weeds off the trailer, pulled a trailer light wire.  Lighting and heavy rain on my drive home, after I got the boat in the garage, then noticed I forgot to pull the plug.  Drained 7 gallons of water in the garage, from the boat. It took three days to dry out the boat with a 56 inch fan over the boat.

Lately, I have been pulling panfish with my kayak. along with the floats from trees, which will go on the garage sale July 18 -20. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • I Like it 1

I'll be up next Friday.  Have a buddy who loves bass so I'm going to some of the places I fished 25 years ago to bust some.  Usually not hard to find.  Hoping to get my family on the panfish.  I'm expecting them to be in 10-12 ft of water around the weed beds, but the last couple years they have been scarce the end of July.  Just made plans to be up Labor day weekend and then the end of Sept.  Can't wait to get back on the water.

• Thumbs Up 1

Had a family reunion on beaver lake on Saturday. Spent the morning out on the lake and caught close to 50 bass, with a few hammer handles. Most bass were just little guys, but I did hook into a 19.5 inch beast. Early morning was real slow, but once 5 minute rain storm blew through, the action really picked up. Lake really exceeded my expectations.

2D37EB14-7B90-4F04-B820-E54510A31719.jpeg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

I'll be out on Clearwater starting Saturday-Saturday.  Looking forward to some R+R....and maybe some fishing.  Hope the bite is on.  Looks like we are going to catch some good weather.  Hoping the fish cooperate as well. See you on the water.

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Was out on Clearwater last week.  Fishing was somewhat slow.  We had plenty to eat.  It was just staying patient and working.  Most everything was available just a slower bite.  Makes sense...end of July can be like that.  Here is a Pic of my daughter with a bass she got. Be back up in 5 weeks or so.

IMG_20190725_084909170.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 1

Clearwater Lake has some fantastic bass fishing.  I fished it a bunch of times about 5-6 years ago and we caught a lot of 2-3 pound bass (which were all released fully alive) so those fish have to all be bigger now.  The one negative is that the lake tends to get pressured with a lot of contests and tournaments.

• I Like it 1

• 1 month later...

The bass don't seem to know it's fall yet the last week on some of the lakes. Anyone seeing this?

• Thanks 1

Found a few in deeper weed edges, willing to eat jigs with plastic trailers.  Pike on Pulaski are eating everything, for 3 guys in the boat, caught 25 pike in 4 hours, 6 fish over 26 inches.  Even caught our first bullhead in Pulaski lake.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Got out for a few hours tonight on Clearwater lake. Beautiful night, but only one little bass. Lost a few on the hook set. Was mainly trying for walleye. Hopefully my next outing will be better, just not sure how soon it will be as my days off seem to coincide with lots of rain. 

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I would like to get out a few times more just as we start making ice, but on days where the ramp will not freeze and be so slick you slide into the lake loaning the boat.

• Wow, ❤ 1

After launching pull your trailer out slowly leaving just the tries barely in the water then sit there a couple minutes and let the water in  your trailer drain into the lake and not onto the ramp.Repeat after loading the boat to go home.EVERYONE launching a boat in freezing temps should do this.It works well and leaves the ramp clear of ice for the next user.Dont sit on the ramp with a wet boat and trailer draining all over it.Also keep some sand available if needed,I have never needed to use any when following the instructions I posted above but you never know what the guy before may have done.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello all,

Out all this week, yesterday was horrible for ice conditions 3-4 inches of slush everywhere found one pocket that had 2 inches of solid ice under it not good at all. Be careful Most lakes around the Meeker county area had 5-8 inches of ice this weight on top no good at all hopefully will get better the fishing has been very very slow.

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

Coming down to the area this weekend for a fishing get together.  What are the ice conditions like down there?  Fishing around Cokato area, never been down there before and meeting up with a group.  Is lake travel difficult?  We have 18 inches of snow on the lakes and 6-10 inches of slush underneath.  I'm hearing 8-10 inches (I need 7) and have the chains mounted in case snow is deep.  Not looking for spots someone in the group picked the lake but more worried about getting around.  We have a Ranger 900 with chains on the rear and if it's too deep I don't want to pull it down there 2.5 hours if not able to use it.

Thanks!

Nothing to worry about for snow depth Cory. Ice consistency has been an issue on several lakes I fish. Was bouncing on 4" over the weekend around Annandale. Shoot me a PM 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

What a difference a couple days make.... that flat was absolutely loaded down with tiny gills Sat. Upl event Sunday had pretty un-Clealwater lake like results. Was a very tough weekend on the big lake.

Edited by Rick G
Cant spell
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...