• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

There has n't been many guys fishing Buffalo this winter so far. The lake is really dark. The night bite is slower then a turtle with out legs. The day bite does produce much better.

Good looking fish expl. Thanks for the reports guys.

This stable weather should get the fish cranked up by the weekend.

• Thumbs Up 1

Depending on what lake and if its cloudy or sunny out the nite bite is on or off.The water on some lakes was really stirred up from the wind before they froze,some are clearing up slowly some are not.

Buffalo was dead for me too this past Saturday but I just got back from Red so that made up for it and then some.

12 inches of good clear ice prior to the weekend as long as you were away from channels and current. Sunday had 2 inches plus of standing water on a lot of the ice where I was. It is firming up again now with the cold. I saw a car on it and four wheelers out today. I am waiting another couple days for all the slop to freeze before heading out again.

Was out on Buffalo yesterday ice is good 9" where I was NE end, the snow actually froze on the ice and made things a lot less slippery. I've been out twice and can only find the dink perch. Not sure if I need to try a different lake or just keep trying new spots/times.

Good Fishing

MNBEEF

Thanks!! last saturday when i was there there was 20-30 portables and a few wheel houses, and wheelers, that was in front of courthouse. by 30feet hole there was around 30 or so people Also.

Anyone having luck on buffalo? Might be coming to buffalo Fri, saturday, sunday.. but Just wondering, you dont have to share if you dont wanna.Id like to know if the walleyes and crappies are still biting and how much ice is still there? Thanks to the people who will respond.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone been out on Buffalo lately? Is there much of a night bite? Never been on the lake, thinking tonight and/tomorrow - looking for crappies mostly, won't discriminate an eye or two...

The reports I've heard is that's slow everywhere. I was on Pleasant lake today. I walked the whole north shore and caught only one pike. There are a couple of other lakes I'm interested in, but mostly my son and I will be preparing for the Spring turkey hunt.

I went out to a lake yesterday I haven't been on this year and found hardly anyone out there. It was such a lite bite at first but I figured I'd try the smallest glow white diamond jig tipped with a PowerBait Crappie nibble and that worked well. I did catch a 8 inch crappie that slammed a minnow head on a buckshot. He must have thought he was really something. I was in 13 feet of water, and when I left at 8:45 pm I still had fish under me. full-44005-52331-image.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Well they were really biting yesterday. Started in deeper water trying to find eyes but seems they were not hungry then around 2:00 I went to about 11 feet of water and found fish that were hungry. Gills and crappie. I was using red euros on a road jig I think. Didn't keep any of the 7 - 8 inch gills but kept 8 crappie from 10 - 12 inches. I was busy all afternoon. full-44005-52543-image.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 weeks later...

Having a feast on Washington. Eyes galore just off the white stucco house...if you can find it.

Walleyes aren't very good at reading books or relenting from a good feed - Few pannies being caught throughout the day, walleye smorgasbord at dusk.

With the winds we've had over the last few days, there's probably less snow on the main lake, then the time we ran into each other last week Paul. I would think twice about south and north shoreline accesses with your van though. I'm sure it drifted in pretty good in those areas.

The lake you were on might be alright.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 3 weeks later...

Saved the worst for last.

I went out Saturday and fished five different lakes with very little luck.

Tried lots of different depths from 4-22 ft. It was all garbage.

I was in the Kinston, Dassel area.

I'm done with the ice. Bring out the long rods.

Avid

Much the same here on Sunday and Monday,I am hanging up the icefishing stuff and getting the boat ready.

Note about the ice conditions; There were spots that were very "soft and spongy", I was surprised to see how fast it got bad.

workin'

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports