• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

Was fun to run into several fish around that 9 inch mark today. Good times smilefull-44147-47965-dscn0534(800x557).jpg

It's definitely big gill time; wish I could have stayed longer.

• Thumbs Up 1

full-44147-47980-p8020191(800x601).jpg

Beat up male from the spawn it looks like caught today, worthy of a pic I thought, was released of coarse.......full-44147-47981-p8020193(800x473).jpg

Sometimes a fresh fish fry ends a good day on the water, life is good grin Time to start the Coleman....... Cheers smile

• Thumbs Up 1

Crappies going strong last night along a sharp break off a reed bed. All nice 10 inch crappies caught on a slow tolled 1/8 oz jig with a minnow. Even had a bonus quality gill.

Thanks, jmg! Camera distortion makes the fish look smaller. It was safely released. I was taught to fish weedlines. What takes getting used to is fishing over rocks and sand. A person thinks, "There can't be any fish here." and then Wham!full-45113-48084-washingtonsmallie#3.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Glad that Labor day has come and gone. Time to have the lakes to myself with a few die hards.

Fishing is picking up!!

I fished Lake Manuella this morning and couldn't buy a bite! Smallmouth bass were jumping all over the place though. I had the honor of meeting Mr. Pike this morning on the lake too!

I finished the day on Howard lake and only caught one pike, albeit a darn nice one.

I'm assuming they were smallies, but I could be wrong. They were a dark color. I believe they like to jump just like carp do. I marked plenty of fish on my locator but couldn't even hook a largemouth in my favorite spots. The weather patterns were probably against us. Yes, this is like facebook for me!

• 4 weeks later...

Where is the hot fall walleye bite locally????

Has anyone got into a mess of walleyes yet this fall?

I have tried many lakes and many techniques around the Hutch area. I will pick one up here and there, but nothing consistent.

The river even seems sluggish.

Maybe the warm weather slowed things down.

Avid

Just joined and relatively new to the area. I decided to try the Crow today for the first time ever in Hutch. They were really hitting light mainly due to their size. Five eyes and largest was 14". I also bagged a large doe before fishing. Unfortunately I used my front fender and door. Threw my side view mirror in next to the waders and kept going.

Buck, did you mean that the fish are biting on the river?

I've tried several times. There are many small fish 6-8 inches. Nothing to keep.

Tried Greenleaf. Ran the lake for 2 hours with very high tech locator with down imaging....saw nothing, caught nothing. By the way, WHY are all the cattails dying off on both Greenleaf and Sioux. Whole cat islands have disappeared ??? SRA ??? Looks like Rep Dean Urdahl and Sen Steve Dille have slipped Meeker tax payers a "mickey" ! The road improvement was a success though...it looks just like the old road LOL.

• 2 weeks later...

Walleyes are still biting and boats are nowhere to be seen!!

Had the lake to myself on Saturday. Had 3, 19.5", 21.75" and 21".

It wasn't fast, but still fun.

Avid

I made it out over the weekend also,but everywhere I fished I had other boats in the area.

Some of my trips were a bust and others were quite good. My Friday morning trip I caught 7 walleyes[5 were small and the other 2 were over 20 inches]. My Monday morning trip also was good,I caught 7 more walleyes[3 short fish,a 15",a 16",a 20", and a 27"]. Those larger fish really bulldog.

workin'

• 1 month later...

I can't believe there aren't any reports guys......

The reason I haven't posted is because I haven't had time to fart; been working in Santa's warehouse here in St. Cloud.....

Maybe during this weekends heat wave, most likely shallow.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll throw in a report! Went out to Buffalo twice this last week. Ended up with 3 little perch and a 12" crappie that got to swim another day. There havent been as many guys as usual in front of the courthouse, wonder why.

I havent been by to check but I had 9 inches over the weekend so I'm assuming guys are driving out there already. Now that Pulaski is frozen, you'll find me out there the rest of the winter! Good luck guys!

I have been doing pretty good for walleyes on a few different area lakes.If one lake isnt goin decent I go to another the next time out.I just keep switching it up, trying new spots and areas that I scoped out during open water that looked promising and trying to develop a pattern if possible.Did o.k yesterday evening but I know I can do better. full-47240-51791-20141209_225814.jpg

• The title was changed to Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports