• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Connect, BE BRAVE - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

Fishing Report Clubs - Make Your Own "Post Your Thoughts" - Leave YOUR mark, make each place you visit "a little better"!

Join the Minnesota Fishing Report Club, where only club members see detailed info that is shared. CLICK HERE to join.

Have Fun!!!

Joe

Annandale-Buffalo-Hutchinson fishing reports

Tom Sawyer

Was fun to run into several fish around that 9 inch mark today. Good times smilefull-44147-47965-dscn0534(800x557).jpg

It's definitely big gill time; wish I could have stayed longer.

• Thumbs Up 1

eyeguy 54

nice fishy smile

Tom Sawyer

full-44147-47980-p8020191(800x601).jpg

Beat up male from the spawn it looks like caught today, worthy of a pic I thought, was released of coarse.......full-44147-47981-p8020193(800x473).jpg

Sometimes a fresh fish fry ends a good day on the water, life is good grin Time to start the Coleman....... Cheers smile

• Thumbs Up 1

Avid Angler

Crappies going strong last night along a sharp break off a reed bed. All nice 10 inch crappies caught on a slow tolled 1/8 oz jig with a minnow. Even had a bonus quality gill.

perry p

full-45113-48071-washingtonsmallie.jpg

I caught my personal best smallie this morning in the Hutchinson area! @4 lbs.

jmg

Beautiful fish, Perry. Nice colorful MN Summertime picture.

perry p

Thanks, jmg! Camera distortion makes the fish look smaller. It was safely released. I was taught to fish weedlines. What takes getting used to is fishing over rocks and sand. A person thinks, "There can't be any fish here." and then Wham!full-45113-48084-washingtonsmallie#3.jpg

Avid Angler

Glad that Labor day has come and gone. Time to have the lakes to myself with a few die hards.

Fishing is picking up!!

perry p

I fished Lake Manuella this morning and couldn't buy a bite! Smallmouth bass were jumping all over the place though. I had the honor of meeting Mr. Pike this morning on the lake too!

I finished the day on Howard lake and only caught one pike, albeit a darn nice one.

huskie0302

Are you sure those were smallies or were they carp?

mrpike1973

It was a honor meeting you to PerryP. Nice group of guys and gals on here!

perry p

I'm assuming they were smallies, but I could be wrong. They were a dark color. I believe they like to jump just like carp do. I marked plenty of fish on my locator but couldn't even hook a largemouth in my favorite spots. The weather patterns were probably against us. Yes, this is like facebook for me!

Avid Angler

Found a few fish this weekend, but seemed to bite pretty light. Need the cool weather back.

Avid Angler

Where is the hot fall walleye bite locally????

Has anyone got into a mess of walleyes yet this fall?

I have tried many lakes and many techniques around the Hutch area. I will pick one up here and there, but nothing consistent.

The river even seems sluggish.

Maybe the warm weather slowed things down.

Avid

zrt6

I agree the water actually warmed up over the weekend another week or two they should pick up

Avid Angler

Anybody have fall walleye pictures to share!!

Hester

Not yet.

Give me a couple days and I hope to.

BuckSutherland

Anybody have fall walleye pictures to share!!

River

mndad23

Just joined and relatively new to the area. I decided to try the Crow today for the first time ever in Hutch. They were really hitting light mainly due to their size. Five eyes and largest was 14". I also bagged a large doe before fishing. Unfortunately I used my front fender and door. Threw my side view mirror in next to the waders and kept going.

pikerliker

Hey I didn't think the road kill season was open yet?! smile

Avid Angler

Buck, did you mean that the fish are biting on the river?

I've tried several times. There are many small fish 6-8 inches. Nothing to keep.

Faner50

Tried Greenleaf. Ran the lake for 2 hours with very high tech locator with down imaging....saw nothing, caught nothing. By the way, WHY are all the cattails dying off on both Greenleaf and Sioux. Whole cat islands have disappeared ??? SRA ??? Looks like Rep Dean Urdahl and Sen Steve Dille have slipped Meeker tax payers a "mickey" ! The road improvement was a success though...it looks just like the old road LOL.

Hester

The part about the road is really funny.

Avid Angler

Walleyes are still biting and boats are nowhere to be seen!!

Had the lake to myself on Saturday. Had 3, 19.5", 21.75" and 21".

It wasn't fast, but still fun.

Avid

huskie0302

Same here, I was out Sunday morning. Not fast but all quality fish. Biggest was 23 in walleye and 19 in bass.

workin4bait

I made it out over the weekend also,but everywhere I fished I had other boats in the area.

Some of my trips were a bust and others were quite good. My Friday morning trip I caught 7 walleyes[5 were small and the other 2 were over 20 inches]. My Monday morning trip also was good,I caught 7 more walleyes[3 short fish,a 15",a 16",a 20", and a 27"]. Those larger fish really bulldog.

workin'

Tom Sawyer

I can't believe there aren't any reports guys......

The reason I haven't posted is because I haven't had time to fart; been working in Santa's warehouse here in St. Cloud.....

Maybe during this weekends heat wave, most likely shallow.

• Thumbs Up 1

walleyeking19

I'll throw in a report! Went out to Buffalo twice this last week. Ended up with 3 little perch and a 12" crappie that got to swim another day. There havent been as many guys as usual in front of the courthouse, wonder why.

I havent been by to check but I had 9 inches over the weekend so I'm assuming guys are driving out there already. Now that Pulaski is frozen, you'll find me out there the rest of the winter! Good luck guys!

Naturboy

I've only fished that area once since ice took over and that trip wasn't worth reporting on.

expl

I have been doing pretty good for walleyes on a few different area lakes.If one lake isnt goin decent I go to another the next time out.I just keep switching it up, trying new spots and areas that I scoped out during open water that looked promising and trying to develop a pattern if possible.Did o.k yesterday evening but I know I can do better. full-47240-51791-20141209_225814.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• papadarv
      By papadarv
      Finally got out fishing this season, long weekend on Ottertail, Vacationland resort. Lots of wind Fri & Sun, Sat fairly calm. Marked lots of fish but slow bite with a few walleye & perch. Crallers, raps, suckers, shad. Day 16 - 19 FOW deep side of weeds and 6 - 9 FOW shallow side of weeds after dark. 61 to 62 deg water temp. Lots of bait balls at 17 - 19 and suspended at 20 - 25 ft in 40 - 150 FOW. Much needed fantastic weekend.
      Pics, multi helix 9 SI - DI - Sonar, cabin lake view, Son, Grandson. Hard to believe the monster perch hit a 3" Sucker.

• LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  With water temps dropping, some beautiful walleyes caught this week.  Walleyes being targeted using three methods, drifting or slow trolling crawler harnesses, trolling crankbaits and vertical jigging.  Walleyes are located in various areas of the lake, deep mud, shallow water adjacent shorelines and deep water reefs.   As a rule, the larger walleyes have been over deep mud and deep structure.  As fall progresses, walleyes will start getting schooled up in key areas along the south shore, in many cases relating to shiner runs. 
      On the Rainy River...   Larger schools of shiners showing up in the river this week.  Shiners showing up under dock lights at night and on the sonar of anglers in Four Mile Bay and the mouth of the river.  Nice walleyes caught in the river this past week, but not the big numbers yet.  Most anglers are jigging with frozen shiners.  Trolling crankbaits or crawler harnesses covering water is still effective. Sturgeon activity increased this past week as well.  Various feeding windows throughout the day.  Find a deep hole using a sturgeon rig (2-4 ounce no roll sinker with 18" 60 lb test snell with a circle hook) loaded with crawlers and/or shiners.   
      Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake staying and fishing in MN waters.  There are boat shuttle / passenger services available to the Angle.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.  
      Good numbers of walleyes caught this week up at the Angle.  Walleyes in 10 - 25' being caught with spinners / crawlers or minnows and trolling crankbaits with some jigging activity on structure beginning as the waters cool.  Muskies and big pike hitting spinners in bays and off of rocky points.  Smallmouth bass on rock structure in 5-15'.  Some big crappies and jumbo perch in the mix week as well. 

• RedSunset
      By RedSunset
      Is anyone out there getting tired of all these fishing tournaments?  Lake Vermilion just came off an August with way too much Bass tournament pressure.  Several folks are really concerned about what all that pressure is doing to our fish populations.  The week of August, first week of Sept. there was a 3 day B.A.S.S. event.  There was pre fishing all week then the 3 day event.  It looked like a swarm of locusts out here on the Lake.  People who live on the lake and people who came up for vacation to fish bass could hardly find a place to fish.  B.A.S.S does not practice true catch and release or Catch Record Release.  There practice is to catch hold in live well,  parade across a stage, hold the fish in a tank, releasing them somewhere in the lake.  The mortality must be quite high.  Besides the DNR is not monitoring how the fish are handled or where they are released.  Both are regulated in the Tournament guidelines for Lake Vermilion. Also those fish are displaced from their normal habitat.  Many residents on Lake Vermilion are complaining.  There are just too many fishing tournaments. Too much pre fishing.  Too often.  Time for the DNR and MN legislators to take a new look at the statutes governing them.
    • jim curlee
      By jim curlee
      28 here this morning.
      Ice fishin will be here before you know it. LOL
      Might even get here before deer huntin. lol
      Jim
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  A lot of walleyes caught this week on Lake of the Woods.  For many of the AIM tournament anglers, a lot of huge walleyes were caught this week.   Charter boats and guides doing a nice job of finding good schools of eater walleyes as well as the slots and trophies.  At times, eaters might be in a different location vs the big walleyes.  Walleyes are being caught in 14 - 36' of water.  Two main patterns, crawler harnesses and crankbaits.  Best spinner colors, hammered gold, pink, glow white, glow red or orange.  Shiny or brighter colors are good starts for crankbaits.  It is important to get cranks down to the fish.  In deeper water, downriggers, lead core line, snap weights and a 4-5 ounce bottom bouncer will all do the trick.
      On the Rainy River...   Walleyes are scattered on flats and along breaks.  Trolling crankbaits or crawler harnesses covering water is effective.  Anglers reporting a mixed bag of fish.  Sturgeon activity has picked up.  Target deep holes with sturgeon rigs and crawlers or frozen emerald shiners.  Smallmouth bass and pike continue to be active around current breaks, rocky areas and in bays.  There are 42 miles of navigable river from Wheeler's Point to Birchdale.  
      Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake staying and fishing in MN waters.  There are boat shuttle / passenger services available to the Angle.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.  
      Walleye fishing continues to be very good up at the Angle.  Good numbers of fish living around Four Blocks and Little Oak Island.  Also good numbers of fish over the mud north and east of Little Oak Island.  Watch your electronics, scattered schools in many locations.  Spinners with a crawler or trolling crankbaits both are producing.  Again, some big pike caught this week by walleye anglers.  Some muskie action this week on topwater.  Smallmouth bass on rocks in 5-15'.  

• austin123456
      By austin123456
      Will be up in the sawbill area this weekend any info on any of these lakes spots colors techniques I would appreciate any info 
    • Yancimator
      By Yancimator
      After fishing every handful in years in Minnesota for 40 years, I'm FINALLY going to bring my wife up to Vermillion and see it for the first time.   I'm chasing smallmouth and pike only (well, I'll gladly wrestle with a fooled Musky but not fishing for them).   If the largemouth fishing is better than the smallmouths, we'd probably chase some of them too.    Staying at Ludlows on the island.   Boy I'd love ANY help with where to start my searching for the smallies and pike and what to key in on that time of year.   I'll have basically two days to fish and will have my own bass boat.   I am an artificial bait only guy and catch and release.   Just looking for a bunch of tugs on the line and hopefully put my wife on some action.  Any guidance or direction??   

How deep are the smallies and what do they relate to that time of year?   Are the pike around visible weeds or submerged cabbage or something?   I'm coming in clueless.   Sure appreciate ANY help anyone's willing to provide.   Thanks!!!   Yancey from St. Louis, MO
    • LakeofthewoodsMN
      By LakeofthewoodsMN
      On the south end...  Great walleye fishing this week.   Different schools of fish around the lake being caught in 14 - 36' of water.  Trust your electronics.  Two strong patterns, pulling crawler harnesses and trolling crankbaits.  Covering water and moving is important.  Best spinner colors, hammered gold, pink, glow white, glow red or orange.  Mix up crankbaits until you get size, shape and colors dialed in.  2.2 - 2.8 a good range for speed.  Shiny or brighter colors are good starts.  Some schools are active, some inactive.  Different feeding windows throughout the day.  
      On the Rainy River...   Summer patterns continue.  "Resident" walleyes are scattered on flats and along breaks.  Trolling crankbaits or crawler harnesses this time of year to cover water is effective.  Anglers reporting a mixed bag of fish.  Target sturgeon in deep holes with sturgeon rigs and crawlers or frozen emerald shiners.  Smallmouth bass and pike active around current breaks, rocky areas and in bays. 
      Up at the NW Angle...  Until the US / Canada border opens, guests can travel across the lake staying and fishing in MN waters.  There are shuttle / passenger services available to the Angle via boat.  Check with your favorite NW Angle resort for options.  
      Excellent walleye fishing this week.  Various schools of walleyes throughout the Angle.  Some nice fish around Four Blocks and Little Oak Island.  Other fish over mud in "no man's land" north and east of Little Oak Island.  Spinners with a crawler or trolling crankbaits both are producing good numbers of fish.  Again, some big pike caught this week by walleye anglers.  When targeting pike and muskies, casting bays and trolling rocky point areas will produce.  Smallmouth bass on rocks in 5-15'. 

• lakesareaoutdoors
      By lakesareaoutdoors
      Hey guys! Some buddy's and I usually make the trip up to the Sioux Narrows of Lake of the Woods in June. This year with the border being closed, we went up to Lake Vermilion instead. It was our first time being on the lake. We caught quality fish of every species. Video linked below! 

• Mkregness
      By Mkregness
      Does anybody have any experience with Wilson lake? 
      It got good reports on the DNR survey but I’ve never fished it.
      looking for walleye in northerns.
  • Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.