• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
avidfisher

second time in area

avidfisher

I will be down this weekend to visit my dad. He lives in gibbon i went fishing once on marion. How is this lake or others nearby. I have equipment and snowmobile. Access shouldn't be a problem. We like to catch walleye and northerns which are some of the better lakes i don't need spots just areas. How is the ice i heard there was a section open on marion is this correct.

Thanks for your replies

LMITOUT

The open water on Marion is due to an aerator. The open water area and slightly beyond is marked off with signs so you should be fine as long as you stay out of that spot.

I haven't been by Marion lately to know if there has been much activity out there. It was busy there in December though. Maybe it'd be worth trying since the traffic has been down for a while??

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• Rick
      The Minnesota Pollution Control Agency (MPCA) and the Minnesota Department of Natural Resources (DNR) are committed to a fair, efficient, and thorough review of Enbridge’s Line 3 Replacement Project applications.  After reviewing the Minnesota Court of Appeals’ ruling regarding the Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) for the Line 3 project, both agencies have determined that, consistent with state law, they may not take final action on the applications pending before them until the Public Utilities Commission (PUC) addresses the EIS deficiency identified in the court’s remand. Recognizing that state law both allows and encourages simultaneous work on environmental review and permit applications, the two agencies will continue their work reviewing the Line 3 applications. The court’s decision, however, does have implications for how this work will proceed. Most notably, the MPCA will not be releasing draft permits and the 401 water quality certification on July 1 as previously scheduled. This schedule adjustment will allow MPCA to consider the additional PUC environmental review analysis before initiating its public comment process. More generally, both agencies will fully review any additional information that becomes available through the PUC’s EIS revision process, including public input to the PUC, prior to making decisions on the pending applications. Neither agency will take final action on the Line 3 Replacement license and permit applications until there is an approved EIS. Once the scope and timing of the EIS revision process are established by the PUC and/or courts, the DNR and MPCA will be in a better position to determine whether additional adjustments are needed to their application review processes and timelines. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • Fish Head
      He doesn't post here much anymore, but I want to give a big thanks to Cliff.  Most of you don't know, but I volunteer as the director of the Minnesota Outdoor Adventure Foundation.  We are a 501c3 non-profit that provides fishing & hunting adventures for kids & young adults with life-threatening illnesses, as well as combat disabled veterans.  Cliff has donated a day on the water to our annual fundraiser every year.  In addition, we just provided a Vermilion fishing trip for a young man that is battling cancer for the 2nd time and going through a very difficult treatment. Cliff was one of 3 guides that took him out fishing and he told me they had the most fun listening to Cliff's stories and caught the most fish with Cliff.     Thank you Cliff!!  You have truly helped make a difference.  
    • Troy Smutka
      6/18/19     Been out on Waconia, Tonka, and Prior over the last week. Bass and pike are done spawning and are out in the weed flats off the spawning areas in seven to ten feet of water. Feeding on sunfish that are staging and spawning in the same areas. Catching them on almost any horizontal presentation. Good luck, and I will see you out there somewhere.
    • rumeye
      Have a cabin for 5 days on this lake. The one by Kimball and Mink. Anybody have any good tips to get some trout out of there? Also Elbow looks good for Walleyes any tips for that lake? I know Devilfish and Tom are good but would like to stay fairly close have wife and 6 year old Grandson with.
    • Rick
      Watch for turtles on roadways The Minnesota Department of Natural Resources is reminding motorists that turtles are crossing roads to nest this time of year. Motorists are asked to watch for them and, whenever possible, allow them to cross the road safely.  Each year at this time, many female turtles move from lakes, ponds, wetlands, rivers and streams to nesting areas. They are looking for suitable locations to deposit their eggs. Many nesting areas are a significant distance from turtles’ wintering areas. As they attempt to cross roads, moving at a turtle’s pace, many are hit and killed by cars. Roadway mortality is believed to be a major factor in turtle population declines throughout the United States. “Wildlife rehabilitators have noticed an increase this year in turtles brought in with cracked shells after being struck by cars,” said DNR herpetologist Carol Hall. “Turtles pre-date dinosaurs by millions of years, and they’ve outlasted them. But, if we want them to be around into the future, we should lend a hand.” Helping turtles safely cross roads can help preserve Minnesota’s turtles, Hall said. She provided a few pointers: Mostly importantly, don’t put yourself or others in danger. Simply pulling off the road and turning on hazard lights may alert other drivers to slow down. Be aware of surroundings and traffic. Allow unassisted road crossings. When turtles can safely cross roads unaided due to a lack of oncoming traffic, allow them to do so. Observe from a distance and avoid rapid movements, as doing otherwise will often cause turtles to change direction, stop, or seek shelter within their shells. If necessary to pick them up, all turtles except snappers and softshells (also known as leatherbacks) should be grasped gently along the shell edge near the mid-point of the body. If it is a snapping turtle or softshell turtle, try to use a car mat and pull it across the road. Many turtles empty their bladder when lifted off the ground, so be careful not to drop them if they should suddenly expel liquid. Avoid excessive handling that can disrupt turtle behavior. Maintain direction of travel. Always move turtles in the same direction they were traveling when encountered. Turtles should always be moved across roadways in as direct a line as possible. Help document turtle crossing and mortality areas by participating in the Minnesota Turtle Crossing Tally and Count Project. More information can be found at mndnr.gov. Turtles injured while trying to cross the road may be taken to your nearest permitted wildlife rehabilitator. More information about Minnesota’s nine turtle species is available on the DNR website. Discuss below - to view set the hook here.
    • SkunkedAgain
      We went at the end of opener weekend. It had a nice crowd but wasn't busy at all. Good vibe but they struggled with the food. My salad and my wife's sandwich were both good. They massively overcooked the cheesecurds so when the waitress brought them out, she said that another batch was on the way. That was at least good customer service. Our daughter's pizza took forever because when they pulled it out of the oven, they realized that they had put hashbrowns on instead of cheese. I honestly don't know how that happens unless it's crazy busy, but like others, I chalked it up to a new staff. I've been to enough new restaurants to know that the wrinkles need to be ironed out.   I'll make it back there. They got the atmosphere and the customer service right, so I'll wait for them to get their act together on the food.
    • papadarv
      Earliest fishing I remember I was 5 or 6 catching bullheads in Stewart lake near dad's farm. In Oct. dad would winter on Long Boat Key Fl. fishing Sarasota/Tampa bay and Gulf of Mexico many variety fish, stone & blue crab, cast netting, shrimping. Jr./Sr. High ran mate on Mar Vista Charters after King Mackeral and Red Snapper. During summers we fished mom's home town lakes in Ottertail, and over to Grand Rapids & Walker. Even threw a line with a leg of beef off the Fantail of the USS Constalation during 2 tours in the South China Sea targeting sharks good thing we never hooked one. Later had a home on Comfort for 35 years, take the kids out after work for a dozen or so crappie for dinner. In my Sr. years I moved from buying to building fishing items, wheel house, under water cameras, augers, shanties giving much more gratification to the art of fishing. This summer's projects - riding snow dog & drop down Snitty Sled for 2 man flip. As one ages energy leaves you. Been on water most of my life, fishing was natural.
    • CLOTAGAMES
      Was up a couple of weeks ago and went over for lunch. Had nice younger waitress and was her first day and she did fine. Middle age lady was helping her assume it was owner?  Food was good. Couple of us had a big salad and had walleye added. Huge piece of walleye. Looked like a decent lunch crowd. We really like the place.
    • gunner55
      I have to 2nd what del said. Some of their early models in that size had some major issues. I'm not sure if it was that model or not but around that year a lot of that size, ~ 200 hp(6 cylinder(?)) , they made had some big problems.
    • VermilionGold
      I was up at the VC today and enquired about bayview, sounds like they are hoping to be open for the week of the 4th.