• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
dstndnls

OX Lake or Little Ox Lake

dstndnls

Has anyone ever fished these two lakes? Are they any good? The DNR surveys are old. Also..... Seems when I have tried to get onto these lakes there is no public access and the spots you can ride your 4-wheeler off the road across 4 feet of land to the ice are posted with signs that say the lake is only for surrounding land owners. If that land is road right-of-way I would think anyone can use it to access the lake.

Any thoughts?

Recon

Are they in crosslake? See if you can find a land owner who will let you access. I don't agree with just accessing across posted land because it might be a road right of way. Most people don't have a problem with you walking on but have a problem with snowmobiles, atv's and cars and trucks. Once other people see the trail some seem to think they can use it too, without regard to having permission or the fact that its private. This ruins it for everyone, even those who may have gotten permission! Over the years I've lost access to several spots, that I had permission to access, because other people saw me go on in a certin spot and figured they could too. Tore up the owners yard and drove over trees! Ask and be respectful!

dstndnls

Recon......... Thanks for the advice, your not talking to a tresspasser. I may not have giving a long explination of the situation, but I did not end up using the access point because of the hand written sign that was there.

Yes this is just north of cross lake. The specific spot I am talking about has a four wheeler and snowmobile trail leaving the road onto the ice. While I was sitting there reading the sign I watched a guy leave his driveway from a few hundred yards down the road on a snowmobile and use the trail. I didn't use the trail because I didn't want to upset any landowners. Thanks for telling me to be respectful, next time I will bake some cookies and leave them there.

Maybe I mistook the meaning behind your post, but I have a feeling I did not. You may or may not know the specific spot I am talking about. The land is not "Posted" as most would consider it. The sign says the trail is for landowners around the lake only. I considered it to mean posted. There are those who would not. Now, if in fact this 4 feet of land between the paved surface of the road and the waters edge is road/public right-of-way then it is illegal to "post". The spot is at least 200 yards from the nearest home and is overgrown with scrub brush.

Thanks for deciding that I am ruining access for everyone else. I would say that if you have lost your access to lakes across private properties maybe you should look at yourself, and how you might be the problem instead of at others.

And lastly....... "Ask and be respectful". Take your own advice, you should have asked me some friggin' questions before you made assumptions about me.

fishroger

You posted it. A little thinned skinned? I think he was just answering your question.

dstndnls

that may be.... If so I am really sorry for going off.

I guess I should be fishing instead of working.

Recon

dstndnls Gee, were you asking a question or looking for an argument? Settle down. Actually I provide a service in the lakes area and alot of my customers are lake home owners. Some I've worked for quite a few years. Sometimes I'll ask if its alright to walk across their property to ice fish. I always say it will only be me or sometimes my wife or son, with me. I won't bring other people. May'be you should of taken the time to read my post. I said, other people who don't have permission. If the shoe fits so be it!!!

Recon

dstndnls Gee, were you asking a question or looking for an argument? Settle down. Actually I provide a service in the lakes area and alot of my customers are lake home owners. Some I've worked for quite a few years. Sometimes I'll ask if its alright to walk across their property to ice fish. I always say it will only be me or sometimes my wife or son, with me. I won't bring other people. May'be you should of taken the time to read my post. I said, other people who don't have permission. If the shoe fits so be it!!!

fishgutz77

We own land on that chain of lakes and I would agree with fishrodger that Recon simply answered your posted question.

After that rant I wouldn't let you even walk through our forty acres to get to little Ox.

dstndnls

Recon,

I understand now that you were not attacking me personally. Just try to view it from my perspective for a moment though. You used a couple of exclamation points in your reply. To me that says that your getting a bit excited about the topic. Which I can understand. I would be upset if others actions led to me losing out on my access. I was asking for information about the lake and if there is access. After looking back at my original post I realize I may not have been clear about the access part.

You said that you didn't agree with "crossing posted land to access a lake". Since the line before you were giving me advice on asking permission and because you were replying to me I felt like you were saying that you think I do cross posted land. Which I didn't that day, nor have I ever crossed posted land. It's against what I believe in AND I have kicked too many people off of my property during deer season to ever want to be the cause of someone feeling the way I have when it has happened.

And with you ending it with "Ask and be Respectful!" I again felt like you were talking directly to me. That last line is probably what set me off the most. Hey, when I moved here, I spent the first two years walking up driveways and knocking on doors trying to get permission to hunt and fish places. I put in a lot of time with great success. So when I saw that it really hit me.

Anyway, i hope you will accept my apology, i am sorry.

bustin lips

anyhow...back on the subject. If you follow the snowmobile trails on to the lake using the right of way, I personnally don't think there is anything anybody can do, but that is just me. I too have always wondered about these 2 lakes. Maybe ask the bar if you can walk down their steep hill but getting back up will be an adventure. If you are looking for someone to adventure with on one of these lakes, I'll go with ya.

dstndnls

Blips..... I guess the Tavern is one option I hadn't thought of. Thanks for the idea. Getting permission from them would also allow me to park in a place that would not be a traffic hazard. Next time I am up I will try to get in touch and see if your up for it. I have been wanting to get over to Little Ox and see if there are still good numbers of Perch in there.