• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Forest Lake-Hinckley-Lindstrom-Pine City-Rush City Fishing Reports

i was out yesterday and only got 2 nice crappies in shallow.

main lake temps:48-51

bays:53-57

thanks for the report. next week i'll get out with the boat and hit some panfish i hope. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

panfish are being caught in the bay in the dinner bell area in lindstrom and off shore by the beach area. a buddy of mine took his kids there yesterday [they have a playground by the beach area] and said sunnies were caught in the bay area and some crappies late in the afternoon around 7 pm. crappies were not of great size and he threw everything back. its a good sign however as far as all the metro lakes that the fun has begun. good luck.

Well, I WAS very excited about the opener this wknd, until I looked at the forecast from now until saturday. I'm not sure I like seeing temps declining from 80 to 55 with rain every day. Ain't no way I'm staying in though!

Can't miss it. As tyou are driving up highway 8 and are just coming into the town of Lindstrom, the dinnerbell is on the right hand side and you can see the park from the road as well.

Tunrevir~

• 2 weeks later...

i was out on sunday in the area and the crappies had started to make nests in shallow. nothing big, but a person could catch as many as they wanted.

• 2 weeks later...

my wife and i decided to do a little off shore fishing today at lindstrom by the park. lots of people. we got the last parking spot. people taking atvantage of a beautiful day. didn't get our favorite spot but we caught lots of bluegills and pumkinseeds and some crappies. i got one that went 12 inches. could not believe it. hit on small plastics with a piece of gulp grub on it. people were amazed i realeased it. the rest were small. one gill went 9 inches and full of eggs with the looks of that belly.

others were lining up the shore with an occational panfish being caught. got a couple of small bass as well. people swimming, kids playing, and looked like all had some fun along with some noticable sunburns. good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

i was fishing with the family on a small area lake for crappies and found a bunch. they were in 2 to three feet of water in and next to weed lines. nothing big but we were after a meal and brought home enough for a fish fry. the fish were 8 to 9 inches but realy put up a fight that surprised me. these crappies fought like gills. good luck.

my wife and i fished lindstrom yesterday for about three hours off shore near the beach at the park. fishing was very slow but a lot of people were out in boats having a good time. caught a few crappies and gills but the fish of the day was a dogfish that realy put up a battle. when i landed the fish the fins and belly area was so green i thought someone painted the fish. must just love to hang out in the algea. also seen some bass cought and released, with one nice one around three pounds by a young boy on a worm. talk about being excited, and a couple of pictures taken by the proud parents. good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

went to a couple of lakes this afternoon and found my best action in linwood. i'm not a bass guy but i did catch some by accident fishing for panfish. one about 2 pounds i would guess. i did talk to a few guys comming off the access and they cought a few with one saying he cought 4 good ones. all released.

i fished shallow and cought some sunnies and a couple of crappies. the sunnies were very shallow. fished with a flu flu with a gulp maggot and the action was great. did not keep any but had some fun. it is amazing how those sunnies can steal that gulp off the flu flu. pink was the best gulp maggot color. i tried white and chartruse also. they were those little hot dog looking kind. so it was fun and will go out soon for a meal or two. good luck.

• 3 weeks later...

my wife and i went out to lindstrom today. the bass fishing was ok with maby a 2 pounder the biggest. lot of boats out there and enjoying the wonderfull weather. didn't even try for walley's because of the traffic. the panfish started out slow for it was a little cool this morning but things picked up a little later as it got warmer. mostly sunnies and some small crappies but fun.

actualy got checked by a CO today. probably the third time ever. fished mostly shallow for bass, not deep which may have been better. just too much boat traffic. but it was fun on top water baits and some on spinner baits. good luck.

since we were short on time we went off shore fishing today [my wife and i] at lindstrom by the beach. well not as many boats, a few people on the beach, and the fishing was realy slow. now fishing with small leeches you would think constant action with sunnies anyway. we just went to have a little fun with them anyway. all catch and release. the weeds have grown more and farther out from shore as should be expected. some small stuff, fun but few. there were a few out there fishing but more just enjoying the water. water is getting a little more stained but that's normal also. nice just catching a few rays of sun and being with my wife. good luck.

Thanks for the report... Chisago has been "funny" this year. Its clearer than it normally is for this time of the year, yet the weedline bite has been tough in my opinion. Fish seem scattered. Panfish though have been cooperative. N/S Center seem to be coming around. The water is stained, they seem to have more weeds than normal, but are dying back. Pads are just now starting to clear up the junk weeds around them. May be a few weeks before they really turn on.

• 2 weeks later...

what a great day to be out on the lake with the ones you love, in this case my wife and grandson. well we went out on lindwood today. just realy to have some fun with panfish although i pounded the shorelines with a frog, nothing took the bait. my grandson's first cast with a flu-flu and a gulp product and something large smashed it and the result being a broken line. i'm thinking pike.

we caught plenty of sunnies, although small with only one crappie to count. everything released. the water appeard discolored to me by not the normal green of the algea bloom but more of a brownish color possibly by the recent rain and wind.

there was a few guys ready to start a bass tournament as we were getting ready to leave. i talked up HSO with these guy's and told them of all the forums available to them. they seemed exited to get on line to view HSO. we had fun as always. one thing i noticed that at the landing, be carefull not to slip on the concrete planks under the water level. they are slick with algea, so be carefull while taking care of your boat at the landing. good luck.

• 3 months later...

I just want to wish everyone out there a great Thanksgiving. it's a great time of the year to eat good food and be with the one's you love. soon this site will be busy again with lot's of hard water reports. i want to thank all of those who read these posts and contribute here with very helpfull information. good luck.

• 3 weeks later...
has anybody ever caught a largemouth out of rush?i caught a tiny one by cigar on saturay...first one ive ever seen out of there.
Ya Rush is actually pretty good for bass I've caught 7 pounders out of the lake before.

Fished a smaller lake yesterday. Walleyes were moving through, but nothing would commit. Lots of following, but no biting.

I'm guessing the unstable weather put them down. I wasn't able to get where I wanted to go, but the spot I was at definitely had fish. This weeks cooler weather should enable me to get to the spot I wanted and hopefully some stability will put the fish into an eating mood.

Those pics are from two weekends ago, I just figured out, with some help, how to add pics from my phone. The pike are all low 20s inches and the bass ranged from 14 or so to 21 inches. All were caught in Chisago channel, 7 to 9 fow.

• 4 weeks later...

Been awhile since I have been on here, making sure I know what I am doing...Looking for a report from the Poke..fish biting? Ice conditions.

Anything???

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone fish Green Lake lately, and if so, how is the ice this year? We are planning a little outing for some coworkers that don't ice fish much, and this was the lake we thought of. We're a little concerned about driving out though.

Big Green Lake is a good place to go. Just find the deepest part of the lake and start throwing lines down. keep an eye down the hole you might miss some big fish swimming through. If you have the proper equipment youll just have to find about 32 ft of water and the middle of the lake from the boat launch. I've been fishing there for a while and now everyone has caught on that i was catching fish. they are small but you'll catch them.

That community spot straight out from the launch holds fish all day long and into the night. Small fish, but at times, one after another.

• 1 month later...

The sunfish are in the shallows around the docks and into the shallower reaches of the lake right now. With the cold front moving in I'd work the 6-10' reaches for sunnies. The crappies are hanging on the emerging weeds right now and the surface when the wind dies down and can be had with a 1/32nd or 1/16th oz jig 2-4 feet under a bobber tipped with a waxie. Look to the north sides of the lakes for the best results and the larger shallow flats areas. Crappies are still in some of the deeper water areas as well.

Tunrevir~