• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Where the big girls went I don't quite know just yet. Maybe Benton Station? smile

Seen a couple of the bigger ones at Walmart recently.Hanging out in aisle 14-15ish area near the yarn section.They seem to like the 5 strand purple 100 yrd role more than the orange fleck 3 strand. smile

Couldn't help it. grin

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Seen a couple of the bigger ones at Walmart recently.Hanging out in aisle 14-15ish area near the yarn section.They seem to like the 5 strand purple 100 yrd role more than the orange fleck 3 strand. smile

Couldn't help it. grin

I have been finding the crappies starting to stack up in the traditional fall areas. Good bite in the area now, deep basins with soft bottoms have been holding fish. Jig with minnow and or plastics has been putting fish in the boat. Keeping a few eaters, releasing the larger ones. full-3571-50053-photo(22).jpg

full-3571-50054-photo(23).jpg

The downscan is really helpful in determining what you are seeing in the 2D. That is a perfect example. Nice screenshot!

Well I went out fishing for the first time in Minnesota today, and for not knowing what I was doing, I didn't do too bad. I don't know if this is regular for you guys that have fished here for awhile, but for me since I have never caught a small mouth before today I was happy!

wsr2qg.jpg

This was the smallest of the day at 13

The rest were two 18" and one 17" all 3lbs. They were thick!

2u421hv.jpg

307ua7d.jpg

2prfgwn.jpg

Nice fish Derek. I fished above the Sartell dam last night. Tons of walleyes but the downfall was they were all under 10". I was fishing a 8' to 23' ledge and there were bass on top and walleyes on the bottom. I was using jig and fathead.

What an awesome first day of fishing in MN! Those are some very nice fish indeed. You certainly picked the best time of year to head out for smallies....they can be a little hungry this time of year. smile

fathead minnow and a split shot can bring many smiles right now. smile

I fished above the Sartell dam last night. Tons of walleyes but the downfall was they were all under 10". I was fishing a 8' to 23' ledge and there were bass on top and walleyes on the bottom. I was using jig and fathead.

Where is the best place to fish above that dam? I went the other day to check that place out and I only found one spot to fish and it was right below. I have never caught a walleye and really want to (idc if its under 10" I just want one)

fathead minnow and a split shot can bring many smiles right now. smile

Larger minnows this time of year, not only bring in many more, but much bigger smiles grin

Redtails, creek chubs, rainbows, or even sucker minnows are worth every penny right now, especially if your looking for larger fish

some of us dont have as much loot as you. wink

I was out above the Sartell dam again Saturday morning. I picked up a half dozen suckers and tried them without any luck. I had one hit on a sucker but that was it. Then I went back to a jig and fathead combo and caught 4 smallies and a bunch of small walleyes. here is how little they are. I cant believe there hasn't been one decent one mixed in. full-46742-50155-img_03611.jpg

Josh I would fish were better size fish have been willing to bite in the area. After seeing the access full and talking to several fishermen coming off the river yesterday, it's no wonder that 10"ers are the predominate catch..... Large fish don't get that way by giving in to severe fishing pressure.

Hope you were able to save the suckers; go drown them in Clearwater Lake.

some of us dont have as much loot as you. wink

Why anyone would put a price on bait after loading a boat with just about everything under the sun to catch a fish blows my mind...... I would rather put all the odds in my favor for numbers and size every time out. If that would make me go less often to offset cost, so be it. If your just out for a nice boat ride to chip some paint off a few jigs; then that's just fine, go cheap and stay close to home. Not to say there isn't good fishing (at times) on the river, your odds for nicer walleye sure aren't near Sartell right now. I do believe Josh was speaking eyes.

Not picking on you Royce, just had to give my opinion. See it a lot, then the guy complains about his results. One guy I know continues to skimp on bait and gas, then says "Well it's close to home". If he would have spent a few bucks more on bait, and put a gallon or two more in the vehicle he would of put a big smile on his face.

Good Luck laugh

you can pick on me... I can take it. wink

Has anyone been catching eyes bigger than 14" on the chain lately? I can't seem to find the big ones...caught a couple nice ones pulling cranks...but it gas been SUPER SLOW...anyone have any strategies working for bigger eyes?

you can pick on me... I can take it. wink

Like I said I wasn't at all picking on you, or saying you are cheap. Most of the time you've even brought your own bait.

Your just very messy and hard on my rod tips. laugh

heehee, all your tips are fine, they just like to touch my feet once in a while. the minnow and a split shot comment was mainly for smiles from shore of the mighty sippi after catching smallies. and an occasional eye. smile

Has anyone been catching eyes bigger than 14" on the chain lately? I can't seem to find the big ones...caught a couple nice ones pulling cranks...but it gas been SUPER SLOW...anyone have any strategies working for bigger eyes?
use bigger jerk baits, perch colored

I went out today. Did the same thing I've been doing the last few weeks. Basically targeting Small Mouth. I have tried a few walleye spots...but I never keep the things...so I may as well catch things that are more fun to catch.

I ended up catching 15 in about 3 hours. One was 18.5" on the bump stick.

My dam GoPro battery died before I caught the big one, but I did get a picture. I sure wish the wind would die down a day or two.

20141021_143956_zps16117432.jpg

Here's a video.

Finally, with so much going on I got to go fish a couple hours this morning at an area lake and fat heads were the ticket on spinner rigs in about 8 - 15 feet of water. I tried big stick baits but only caught snot rockets. All the walleye were on fat heads between 11:00 am an 1:00 pm. full-44005-50385-image.jpg