• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Few walleyes and bass on crankbaits in the evenings. Jigs and crawler have also had their time. For the crappies, gulp minnow fry or live crappie minnows...

What side you going to be on, might have to stop down.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

The college side is the plan

Monsters nephew with a nice crappie. Me with one of Jeremy's fishies. wink

Good visit with Tom, Moose and Rick G

full-27930-48472-821a.jpg

full-27930-48473-821b.jpg

Nice fish eyeguy! Nice meeting you Tom and Rick finally. Also eyeguy thank you for the salsa. My nephew has been asking if we can eat we it the whole way home so in a little bit we will crack it open. I really needed a little fishing time and it was great to see you guys. Thank you so much

Had a fun time telling stories with the boys smile

Royce, big thanks for the salsa.... I will be cracking into it tomorrow for sure wink Btw, the caption from the sucker pic is too funny!

heehee, thx for being a good retriever! wink

• 2 weeks later...

It's been kinda quiet in the old St Cloud forum... too quiet.... Im stuck on the East coast again for a few more days and up to a couple weeks... so I wont be much help... I know somebody has to be getting out....Tom, Jeremy, EG? Somebody, anybody start posting some reports please smile

Went camping this weekend on hardy lake outside of brainerd. real small lake but caught a ton of crappies and a few northern nothing of size as far as the crappies went biggest one was probably ten inches but it was a blast. 20140830_184325_zps623265c7.jpg

Went fishing today on a lake close by and did well we caught some eyes, bass, gills, pike, perch, and a ton of crappies. Life is good. 20140901_133901_zps18202899.jpg

Nice day out on the lake today....finally a full day of decent weather and a golden shiner size 7 flicker shad produced these guys for me. What a great labor day! full-22080-48783-img_20140901_165858.jpg

full-22080-48784-img_20140901_193608.jpg

My neighbor and I took our 9 and 10 year old boys out on the Sauk River in Richmond on Saturday night for some kitties. We were heading upstream from the access when the motor died out before the first curve even. There was a little bit of an eddy in this spot so we rowed over a little and parked right there. Probably fishing by 7:45pm or so. We didn't move until 11:30pm when we decided we had done enough work. Both tubs of liver were gone and we'd landed over 50! Biggest one THAT MADE IT INTO THE BOAT was 3.80 pounds and so fat I can't believe it was thinking about eating. The biggest fish of the night (by a lot) snapped a line just before it found the net. I think I could catch and release those fighting machines every day if my wrists would hold up! Sure is stinky business though.

I went out this last Tuesday morning-early afternoon with my neighbor on the Mississippi just above the Sartell dam. We put in on the east side, and worked mainly the west side of the river. The water was pretty murked up because of all the rain. But, we still managed to find some fish. Everything was caught on the west side of the river below the landing using a 1/4oz or 3/8oz jig with either a black power grub or a black shad or smelt 3" Berkley twitch tail minnow. We ended up catching 8 small mouth, one cat, one rock bass and a walleye. Nothing was anything of size. Cat was around 2lbs. Walleye was barely 8". smile

Going back out tomorrow morning. Plan to do the same, but I might pull some bottom bouncers when I get out there, then work the banks later in the day.

IMG_0570_zps5d93ffdb.jpg

IMG_0571_zps2e3ae869.jpg

Hey...you're getting pretty close to my super-secret eel pout spot!! Keep the photos to a minimum, or blur out the background!!!!! smile

Hey...you're getting pretty close to my super-secret eel pout spot!! Keep the photos to a minimum, or blur out the background!!!!! smile

Hehe, is that you out there in the clam everything winter? smile I live right where I was fishing. Just north of DeZurik.

I also went up river a bit, worked a few points, but nothing. Anyone have any ideas? This was my first time ever putting my boat in the river. Normally on the chain.

Hehe, is that you out there in the clam everything winter? smile I live right where I was fishing. Just north of DeZurik.

I also went up river a bit, worked a few points, but nothing. Anyone have any ideas? This was my first time ever putting my boat in the river. Normally on the chain.

I used to live in one of those big, expensive, fancy houses on the west side of the river. If I saved up for 20 years I wouldn't have the $$ to afford even the down payment on one, but renting the basement sure was cheap. smile

I *did* have a blue Clam out there once or twice, but there were other guys out there more often than I was. The eel pout really get going in the spring and again in the fall. Give it a week or three, bury a crawler on the bottom off that break on the west side, and you'll have a 10'' pout in about 30 seconds. wink

I used to live in one of those big, expensive, fancy houses on the west side of the river. If I saved up for 20 years I wouldn't have the $$ to afford even the down payment on one, but renting the basement sure was cheap. smile

I *did* have a blue Clam out there once or twice, but there were other guys out there more often than I was. The eel pout really get going in the spring and again in the fall. Give it a week or three, bury a crawler on the bottom off that break on the west side, and you'll have a 10'' pout in about 30 seconds. wink

Hmm, I will try that for sure. Any particular depth of water that seems to be a hot spot? There are a few breaks I noticed up to about 20-22 ft.

I went out today as well. I tried the east side this time. It was just so dam windy that controlling the boat was a pain in the butt. I ended up getting on the water at about 9am, worked the east back for a while, hit one small mouth, very small. Then booked it over to the other side, to try and hide a bit from the wind. Still was a pain, but not as bad. I worked almost all the way to the dam. Only caught one rock bass.....but it was of decent size, about 13". I said the hell with it after that and headed in to do some projects in the garage. Planning to go back out on Monday again. Hoping for no rain and some better weather.

Much of that western shoreline has a very steep break that starts in about five/six feet. We'd just chunk out a crawler or some cutbait and wait for the kitties to swim by. Seemed like the bass would be in their typical spots--by docks, under the trees, up in the rocks chasing crayfish, that sort of thing. I never did get much in the way of size for walleyes up there, but I can't say I tried very hard.

Hey there coleman.

-Behind your back,in pic #2 is sometimes fun.Move right along that area until you mark fish.When I find them,I like to tie a rope to one of the timbers vs using an ancor.Lots of junk in there that gets your ancor hung up on.Drift fishing or trolling is a good way too.

Usually it's a night bite when I go.Live minnows are what I usually bring but plastics work too once in a while.

-Pic #1 Get a little more shallow and you can find some nice holes Under 14'.Also a night bite for me.I've had crappies in 20' but that happens rarely.Also Like stick said near those docks you'll pull more bass it seems.

When your in those dock locations keep in mind there are lots of different species, you will have to play around a little bit before you figure out what's biting and then stick with that setup.Day time you can find a decent sunny or two, some crappies, bass, catfish, suckers etc.Seems like in the day alot of the fish are scattered. Once in a while I come across a good size fish during the day and those are the ones that keep me coming back.

Yesterday,Paul and I spent some time on a lake we havnt fished before.Didn't go the way I hoped but we did manage to find some crappies,northern,couple small walleye and a sunfish or two.One cat fish at the end their.Finding the fish wasn't the problem , Getting them interested was the hard part.Tried shallow to deap areas. Most of them were caught between 5'and 7'.Expected them a little deeper but that wasn't happening.Carp were surfacing like I havnt seen before mostly on one side of the lake.It was wild. smile

Only been out a few times on the river for a quik hr each time lately and Crappies been ok right before dark.Crappie numbers havnt been great but a handfull of them a couple of the nights kept me interested.While crappies were my target,Hammer handles are showing up more lately, hitting plastics under a bobber and jig.

As far as bottom fishing.I did make it out for a short period during the day and Bass and suckers were taking crawlers as usual but still kinda slow.

Water seems more cloudy lately.Hard to see beyond a ft or so deep in some places, big difference from what it was a couple was ago.

This week I plan on getting some fishing in.Just finished painting the inside of the st cloud fire dept.The Hrs over there put a big dent in my fishing time

Glad I'm done over there.Time to get busy fishing again.

Have a great week all

I'm ashamed to say it, but the last two days were the first time I've fished a lake south of Mille Lacs all year. It's been Leech, Winnie, Mille Lacs, Ottertail, etc. all year...but FINALLY I've been getting the lines wet within reasonable driving distance.

The last two days have been good. Went out with 621vs yesterday and looked around for a while before putting three eyes in the boat. Time was short (gotta get out mushroom hunting, too, doncha know?) so we took off a bit early. Today I headed back out and picked up some nice eaters. Caught 12 in a few hours, pulling plugs on points and inside turns on weedlines. Let most go, but brought home one for me and three for the neighbors. Just because most of you might not believe me, I'll add a pic. smile

full-18483-48931-fishfish.jpg

Delicious lookin Walleye Stick and 621

Hit a couple of places in Sartell.Above the dam had a good number of smallmouth taking fat heads off a 1/32 Oz jig head.

Second stop below the dam, Found some smaller crappies mainly on PowerBait plastic minnows.Only one that got close to a little over 11" and this one took the fat head .

Just like Stick in mud, In case nobody believes me I'll put a pic up too . gringrin

I know I said I was going to try to smile but...

full-45395-49002-2014_09_1018.07.54.jpg

you guys are getting good at photoshopping fish in your pics.... LOL winkwink