• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Nice Bass!!

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Headed over to Rice today looking for some sunfish and couldn't fine any numbers that were willing to bite. Switched over to walleyes and did a little better keeping 4 for a couple meals. Got walleyes on cranks and spinners around the weed edges. Not hot and heavy but ok.

Anyone having any panfish luck on the chain? I've been up here since Thursday and can't find a steady bite. My fishing partner is a 5 year old so its really hard to keep his interest. Any help would be great!

Went and hit the lake today and pulled one in just under 27. Boy I love the thump thump of a good walter. full-46894-47193-20140706_161018.jpg

full-46894-47194-20140706_161022.jpg

full-46894-47195-20140706_161025.jpg

Great walleye Nick.The lady in the picture seems to think so too lol. smile

Havnt been fishing much. Been occupied with more family outings lately and work but did go for a couple hrs yesterday to see what what happening on the river.

It started to rain so decided to hit a spot I remembered with some covering that a few of us went to in the spring together.Eyeguys Turf whistle

Had a few snags and 20 minutes into it before I figured out what I was going to fish for.

A steady bite for Small mouth was a little beyond the slack right on the edge of the fast current probeley waiting for what ever swam off of that current break.Seemed to be best to cast there to stay busy with them.A catfish and a yellow belly came too, but the bass were biting better than I was expecting in this rain. smile

full-45395-47245-2014_07_0717.06.55.jpg

full-45395-47246-2014_07_0820.19.58.jpg

Nice eye. my aunt and uncle had resort on rice years ago. That was before sonars had become a big deal but we could catch great. maybe we could exchange spots and ideas.

Nice Smallies Jeremy!!

Thanks Moose smile

We fished this morning on a lake in the area.Trolled spinners with swim baits, twisters or a plastic worm in 5'-15' depth.

Crappies were all over the bottom and up.Good numbers today on crappies and hammer handles.Some of the drop offs held some fish and areas with limited weeds. Not to many gills but had some LG mouth from a channel not to far from the lily pads.We had 6 doubles. smile

Paul caught a whopper gill @ 9.5 inch. smile

A nice consistent day of fishing we had. grin

full-45395-47317-2014_07_1115.48.47.jpg

full-45395-47318-2014_07_1115.52.08.jpg

full-45395-47319-2014_07_1115.51.06.jpg

full-45395-47320-2014_07_1115.49.58.jpg

Here's a double that our lines got twisted together on.

full-45395-47321-2014_07_1115.53.09.jpg

Great panfish there and congrats to the 9.5

Nice bunch of fish, guys smile That is one heck of a hybrid Paul got. Pound for pound some of the best fighting fish out there.

Tomorrow is my day for some fishin' wink After almost three weeks on the East coast it sure is good to be back home...

Except for the skeeters that is, don't think I got bit once the whole time I was there.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Got put again yesterday on Rice lake and picked up several eyes mostly pulling cranks around weeds. Lake is starting to bloom with surface temps around 80 degrees.

just had to add a pic so you know I'm still kickin wink

full-27930-47340-12a.jpg

nice crappie sir!

On the river with Daisy today.She brought up three sunnies.She said we will catch them with the bobber, so she did.

full-45395-47346-2014_07_1312.38.16.jpg

full-45395-47354-2014_07_1313.21.08.jpg

full-45395-47348-2014_07_1312.40.10.jpg

Great job JC and DC grin looks like you two had better luck than I did....

We struggled with the wind on the river. Got a few bass, crappies and a couple other species. But size and numbers were not good frown.

While drifting a random shoreline I spotted something odd in the trees. Seeing something out of the ordinary while on the river is nothing out of the ordinary most of the time crazy But this caught my eye full-26589-47389-20140713_131846.jpg

Aftet getting the boat far enough back into the trees I could tell it was a kayak...

A little worse for wear but I figured it could be salvaged. After jetting a rope hooked to it we towed it back to the access to see what we had. full-26589-47394-2014_07_1322.05.01.jpg

it was beat pretty bad, no registration numbers or anything. Thats when I noticed a small dry box was attached to the boat. In this box was a cell phone and fishing licence eek lots of questions were going through my head... First thing I thought to do was call the police. Just then I look up and a St Cloud officer was rolling through the park doing rounds smile perfect timing full-26589-47395-2014_07_1322.05.28.jpg

He took the phone and licence and did a little checking.... the owner wasn't lost or missing smile The nice officer took my info, thanked us and said we could be on our way.

Anothe story for the collection ,lol .

Nice reports guys! Sometimes it is not just all about the fish wink Especially like the shot of the dolls smile

Personally just finished up with a week and a half vaca and hit some local lakes. Grand. ...5 to 1 ratio of small/ medium pike to eyeballs trolling the weedlines. Always a fan of hot n tots, but price just went up two bucks....thanks Rapala....not! Koronis. ... had a great time with the smallies, gills, and porker bullheads in gravelly weed pocket openings on the north end. Big crawler chunks on teardrop ice jigs just off the bottom in 6 ish ft. Rice... parked, pitched, and finessed.... plastics..... for walleyes in known fishy areas. Depending upon wind/chop, cloud cover, and time of day 12 to 20 ft off the breaks/weedlines were money. Osakis. ....as usual, pike and crappies were simply everywhere. Considerable amount of male gills were still on beds and females were scattered all over the depth board, many still holding eggs. Not much pattern to the eyballs....found them in 6 ft off the pencils, 13 ish ft around the bars, and 20 ish on the flats off the breaks.....only thing consistent was plenty of shorts .....the famous "14 3/4" ....at all depths.

that first pic is a prize winner Jeremy smile

Lol grin NatureBoy, The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were suppose to be fishing too but instead all they wanted to do was back flips on the rocks by the river.

But they were invisible for some reason that day. cool

Brrrr...It was cold this morning.eek

Went out to a lake we hadnt tried before in the area.Slow fishing on the earlier part of it, after awile we finally found some crappie action on the other side of the lake.Used PowerBait fire tiger twisters, in 11'-15'.Trolling on the weed edges.Crappies never reached passed 10.5" in size but they did keep us busy for a good period there.A few sunnies and small northern got hooked also.

full-45395-47445-2014_07_1513.13.51.jpg

full-45395-47449-2014_07_1514.58.41.jpg

full-45395-47447-2014_07_1513.17.05.jpg

full-45395-47448-2014_07_1513.18.44.jpg

Nice fish JC smile Our buddy Jeff scored this 29in kitty this evening... unfortunatly I could only get runts, lol full-26589-47459-2014_07_1523.11.25.jpg

Had fun again fishin with you Jeremy. Nothing better than a good friend and lots of bites.