• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Thanks guys!

Jeremy- No river, was out on a lake. He smashed my hoola popper, thought it was a nice bass lol

nice fish bryan i went out this morning and made it a mile and had the bearing on the boat trailer go out on us. at least it happened on a horse$hit day.

P.S. dont forget my dollar tomarrow

Very nice fish in these recent reports! I would have to say my favorite is Rick's channel cat. I would love to have that fish on the end of my line! I have made a trip over to Pearl lake and c&r some decent bass. I will be checking out Carnelian soon, I hope. My brother gave me a beautiful bass mount that was caught in Carnelian for my birthday.

nice fish bryan i went out this morning and made it a mile and had the bearing on the boat trailer go out on us. at least it happened on a horse$hit day.

P.S. dont forget my dollar tomarrow

I talked to a guy down by the river on Sunday who had the same thing happen. Said that his wife and kids thought he was fishing, so he might as well. Any chance that is you?

Caught a few smallys, then headed out once it poured. Went back down after, caught some more fish, lost something big with teeth, hooked into a big carp, and into something big that I never got a glimpse of. Fought it for about 5 minutes, it was bending my ugly stick as far as I've seen it bent...and there it was...gone.

Saw a few red horse caught, and one gent fishing with large ice fishing jigs and a large weight was hammering the small mouths. Bite was MUCH better after the rain.

nice work i was just down there tonight and got skunked. not even a bite man i wish the water would come down

Coming down to the St. Cloud area this weekend and curious how the water levels and bite has been? Mostly curious if it's worth dragging the boat 3 hours.

Water level is high high high. At least one the river, can't give you much input elsewhere. I've heard panfish are in the shallows and in the bays of the lakes, but without a boat, I don't fish those.

nice work i was just down there tonight and got skunked. not even a bite man i wish the water would come down

When I saw you you were using artificial. I haven't seen one fish be caught down there on anything but live bait. Not saying it's the only option or they won't hit it...I really feel like they are smelling the live bait with the water being so murky.

Coming down to the St. Cloud area this weekend and curious how the water levels and bite has been? Mostly curious if it's worth dragging the boat 3 hours.

Sauk River at St. Cloud is half a foot below flood stage. It's been dropping for a bit now. Mississippi seems to be where it's been for a few weeks. According to NWS, it's about 14 inches below flood stage. High, raging, but doable. My little 5.5 hp didn't have any trouble scooting me around today. Managed to catch a catfish before the downpour.

Water is real murky, as others have noted. I haven't been out much lately or talked to folks about the bite, but that's what I've got for ya.

Looks like everyone had a good week of fishing. Nice report guys.

full-41072-46621-2014_06_1222.52.38.png

Caught a few of these bad boys earlier this week at st.johns.

That must have been Amanda's fish. Where's yours? LOL.

Found a few today on the walleye chop. A lot of good eater and a few bigger ones PJ let a 26 go but I had to smash on this 24 I caught. full-46894-47032-img_20140628_165115.jpg

Thank you all,Appreciate the updates on the river fishing.

Been on the river a little too and I have to agree I havnt found alot of one kind of species in a single location.Many scattered fish is what I'm trying to say I guess.

Some good signs are that crappies are coming around a little more and gills are sizing up sometimes to eaters.

Big Nick, way to go on that walleye..

Ps, I too have noticed the river coming down a little.Im hopefull things will start to turn around soon.

Slipped out to the river tonight or you can call it this morning.Cats were being smart tonight as some seemed to hit and drop the food. Caught a few that were under 20" or so and only one bigger whisker that actually got landed.Had some on that got away in the middle of the fun.Crawlers tonight and changed to a few different kinds of hooks as I was trying to figure out why they wouldn't stay on the hook this time.

Bad pic but hadn't had a whole lot of light to clean it up.

full-45395-47035-2014_06_2902.08.20.jpg

Nice fish Jeremy.... Here are a few more flicks of yesterdays outing. We had a great time. who don't when the fish bit.. full-46894-47039-20140628_120603.jpg

full-46894-47040-20140628_142726.jpg

full-46894-47041-20140628_153555.jpg

Crappies on the river? That's what I'm hoping for! Still waiting for a decent walleye and a crappie bite!

So far the only big fish I've seen/hooked up are some mammoth carp below the St Cloud Dam

Crappies on the river? That's what I'm hoping for! Still waiting for a decent walleye and a crappie bite!

So far the only big fish I've seen/hooked up are some mammoth carp below the St Cloud Dam

Shore fishing river crapps

Decent:NO

Low numbers & Spotty:YES

When I get out I been finding only 0-3 in an outing.It's better than it was a few weeks ago.Crappies mixed with other fish.Random areas with some medium current near by.Still got some time yet it would seem, at least where I been going it will.

Let us know "when" you find them. smile

This isnt a usefull report to probeley 99% of you but I had to share anyways.

Had some fun on a lake in St. Joseph today in hopes to catching a carp from a lake, rather than a river or a pond.

It's a bucket list thing.. wink

Hung in a shallow area just where the creek comes in to the lake.Used the same bottom rig as I use for the river Carp.4'-5'depth.Very little weeds.I was marking many and only got one out of the water.For me I am pleased for just the one as it was my first carp from a lake. smile It was a little different reeling it in on boat vs shore.It came across as alot bigger but really it was only half the usual size I pick on the river.

It's not walleye or panfish but it's still fishing. smile

full-45395-47075-2014_06_3014.38.55.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

You out fished me Jeremy!

Oh you go carping on the rivers? Maybe you can help me then... What are some good river spots for carp around st cloud?

Try various spots south of the St Cloud Dam for carp, I've hooked into them in several locations along the Beaver Island Trail.

As Nick said.That's probeley a good place to check or any park really.

Nice fish! I bet that was fun. What do you use for bait? Sweet corn?

Nels

Got out this afternoon, looking for some topwater bass. Found this guy waiting for me.

ScreenShot2014-07-03at25911PM_zps28c8229