• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Welcome clayton if you ever want to hit some local waters shoot me a pm.

Welcome, Clayton!

I live in Wright County, but bounce around like a drunken prom date in the various forums. The St. Cloud area has numerous great lake and river fishing, and some smart, helpful people. Good luck!

Cats are biting all over. Caught several in different spots while trying to find those winter crappies. The crappies were still holding their winter spots yet but were not active.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Good to have another on here Clayton. Have fun!

Clayton nice to see a fellow Rockville resident on the site there are many good lakes around here to fish. We might have to get out one of these days; there always is an open seat in my boat.

Was up and down the river today looking for a few rough fish. Finaly scored a couple white suckers at my last spot full-26589-44960-20140425_190718.jpg

full-26589-44961-20140425_181055.jpg

full-26589-44962-20140425_195440.jpg

Not much activity for me either Rick.Found a lonesome carp in the river this morning.Hooked him in the mouth with a crawler and orange hook.The picture didn't turn out so well. crazy

full-45395-44973-imag0126_1.jpg

Pic turned out great. Should have just said you were trying for a mono tone sort of a shot.... but anyway, nice carp smile

Bumped into this guy down at the river this afternoon. full-26589-44984-20140426_165914.jpg

full-26589-44986-20140426_165911.jpg

full-26589-44987-20140426_165921.jpg

full-26589-44988-2014_04_2620.43.33.jpg

full-26589-44989-2014_04_2620.44.06.jpg

Jeremy is one heck of a fisherman, he caught more suckers in 45min than I did all day yesterday.... I was impressed to say the least cool

Nice seeing ya down by the river Rick!

Fished for about 45 minutes this evening.Hooked a few suckerfish.Casting a worm in a small area of calm water.They were kinda in one general area.If you pitched to far one direction nothing.Pitch about 30' the other way its golden.Makes a difference sometimes.

Yeah I went out today for bow opener was gonna hit the chain with the boat but it was windy as heck. Didnt see anything running yet think its a little early. Still fun wading thru the waters.

None by me yet. Have seen the guys fishing for the real big crappies getting a few though

Yeah I was down at the University side of the dam one even for just a few minutes and saw those large crappie fisherman catching a couple walleyes. Anyone know when the catfish start biting in the mississippi river?

Anyone know when the catfish start biting in the mississippi river?

You could get a few now if you worked real hard and sat for a good part of an afternoon. Once the water temp starts to climb through the 50s the cats will become much more active on the Miss smile

Cool pics...any walleyes from eitherof you fellas?

One eye a couple wks ago for me on the river in Sartell while looking for carp.

I seen other ppl fish for"crappies" and hook some eyes in the process.

Rick is right, once the water hits 50 degrees things start to happen. this is the prespawn period. the water temps during this time will run between 50 to 70 degrees. once the water temp hits the 70 to 74 degree range the spawn will kick in. fishing will slow during the spawn as the cats will be scattered and feeding less. once post spawn and late summer (august) gets here things will pick up again going into the fall and winter.

Was down by the dam and fishing for suckers and sewerbass and hit a few eye's off of a worm rig. Good time. Now once opener hit's I won't get one(eye) and only land carp or suckers that's my luck.

Big Nick- smile Did you catch any rough fish while you were over there?

Bryan P and I were thinking of going this morning until I looked outside.That wasn't going to happen. frown

Jr. was sassy yesterday, got any cartoons or treats taken away this morning, woke me up at 5:00am.......so for some payback, we went crawler hunting early and fished in the rain till about noon smile Did find a few dozen medium sized crawlers and then headed out to do some pre spawn perch fishing in some backwater. The perch size was also medium, but a ton of action to not make it so cold out. The wind was absolutely brutal....actually don't think we were ever as cold for this long of time ice fishing all this year. The kid was a trooper and kind of caved and let him watch a transformer movie later in the day while I took a nap grin Was nice to get the long rods out again!

20140427_115130_zps8e5cd734.jpg

Nice perch Jr ! You guys beat the weather yesterday and caught fish,pretty cool.

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Nice perch always good to see the kids getting into the great outdoors.

Had an hour break this afternoon.Suited up with rain gear and hit the river.Suckers were biting best on half crawlers.It was more challengeing with the rain and wind for sure but fun.

full-45395-45096-imag0130_1.jpg

full-45395-45097-imag0133_1.jpg

Always amazed how a half versus whole crawler can sometimes make such a difference for suckers!

Yeah, Jr and I got out again as well and hit up some crappies. After all this rain...swollen creeks, inlets, and outlets will probably be a key location the next few weeks for a variety of fish. Think the aquifers are filling up and think these areas should be holding water longer, warming up quicker, and very productive as far as food source. Today they were still rather lethargic, holding tight to cover, and had to bobber up to float into the strike zone as swimming something through was way too fast for their liking. Like Jeremy mentioned it was challenging with the current, rain, and wind. Eventually figured it out though. Only the second time out with the long rods, still have yet to go after some rough fish..........think that will be next.

full-27018-45098-20140428_163747.jpg

Went fishing last night from 5:30 in the super cold weather. Accidentally snagged a carp while cat fishing by the dam. Stayed there till 9:30 and decided to give another spot a try before heading home and it was the right called. From 10-12 the cats were on fire. Almost had a cat hit every cast. Unfortunately me and my buddy only landed four each and missed about four each also. Cold night but well worth it!

full-47580-45136-imag0365.jpg

full-47580-45137-imag0371.jpg

full-47580-45138-imag0374_burst002.jpg

full-47580-45139-imag0377.jpg