• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Given how high the water was for so long last year, I'll take a low-water year. Sure makes it easier to find them.

Yeah, sure doesn't feel like spring at the moment. I think you jinxed it, Jeremy. smile

Either way, it's less than fifty days 'til Opener. Not that I'm counting or anything!

Whats up bro How you been?

Somebody here was bound to jinx it. grin

Might as well be the guy from Sartell smile

JC did you just come out of hibernation? Sure haven't heard much from you the last few months.

Are those carp spots you were fishing last spring dry land right now?

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Is it time to bring the long rod and package of crawlers with for after class?

I'm good, Jeremy. I'm done ice fishing, I think, but the suckers should start running pretty soon, so all's good.

Moose, I think it's still a bit early for the sucker run. I'm usually out about 10 days too early, but that's fine by me...there's nothing better after a long winter than dropping a line into open water the diameter of which is greater than 8''. I'll be down fishing for 'em as soon as I can get my hands on some worms, that's for sure.

I cant sleep guys,had too much coffee I guess.I'm going to sneak in this conversation before my eyes zone out .jeez,it's like 2 or 3 in the morning..

Moose my brotha...whats up?

Stickinthemud may be right about being a little early for the fullness of the sucker bite.Many of us have been visiting the river lately,I too observed the river being lower this time.We'll see if the rain kicks it up a little.

Just for the heck of it, bring your set up with you and get them crawlers going.Try using a partial of a crawler too, it makes a difference sometimes lol.May be alot of down time but who knows.

I'm on some new territory already.The kids and I been doing some exploring the last couple weeks and came across some new "out of sight" places to try fishing.

Should be fun for the kids and I'm sure I will have fun too.

later guys

Still up at 3:30 a.m. on a Saturday night/Sunday morning....Sounds like you were drinking, but I'm doubting it's coffee. wink

Stick,I wish it wasn't coffee. I ran out of the good stuff so I settled for the "best part of waking up" stuff. cool

smile Jeremey is back on duty... suckers and carp beware!! grin

Not much Jeremy just going to class ya know trying to get through this semester. I just thought with the lower water levels the suckers and carp may bite better early. How are you Jeremy? I hope to meet up and get after some rough fish with ya this open water season.

Stick I know it is early but seen I am on campus most days I think I could take lunch break once and while to wet a line. Plus I got a jar to return to eyeguy.

I seen crawlers at store the other day but I can not remember which store.

No doubt moose...I'm doing great bud.

Glad to hear things are working out for ya too. smile

Eyeguy. lol

Jeremy, how's it going bud? Happy to see you back on here smile

Made it our one last time yesterday. Was planning on heading North, but heard of some good ice localy yet. Needed a couple long planks to get out to the solid ice from shore smile

Started our search close to a large shallow feeding flat, we were looking for thick pockets of green weeds. Once we found the places where the weeds were growing it didn't take long to connect with our first gills. full-26589-52950-2015_03_2306.37.21.jpg

full-26589-52951-20150322_171619.jpg

No real pigs caught on this trip...got a couple around 8in and a couple hybrids that pushed 9in.

Had around 18 in of very rotten ice pretty much everywhere we drilled.

fun to get out !

Hey Rick, whats new?

Things are good over here. smile

Guess there are a couple places yet to ice fish.Nice pics man...

I'm planning to get out at least 2-3 days next week around the area to see what's going on. Not sure how long I'll last each day, but thought it would be worth a shot. I haven't been home for a few weeks....is the Watab near the dam in Sartell open? How's the dam looking at SCSU?

The dam by scsu is looking good to me

I found some open water!!!

Hehe, I cheated. I had to give some sort of report as it's been a while and I really needed to get out fishing. Had the chance to fish a private lake down south for the day. Just happened to be on a day that was similar conditions to MN. Cold, rainy, crappy day.....heck it snowed the day before. But, the fish were still biting...nothing huge though. I was really hoping for something around the 10lbs area. This one was only about 4. But, at least it was a jerk at the other end of the line.

20150302_145426_zpsw0ibvsbf.jpg

Getting excited for open water fishing this year.

• 3 weeks later...

Tried a different area today on the river.Sorry to say that the carp weren't very hospitable today but a few of there neighbors welcomed me in open arms.

full-45395-53031-2015_04_0817.02.02.jpg

full-45395-53029-2015_04_0815.49.40.jpg

full-45395-53030-2015_04_0815.50.52.jpg

Thanks natureboy smile

Tried for rough fish today and nothing.

Just bass caught.They kept hitting my bottom rig.Must have caught close to 20 of them.Moved to another location hoping for suckers or carp too and not even a single bite.

Got some other places to try this week.

Have a great week everyone cool

full-45395-53086-2015_04_1315.46.25.jpg

full-45395-53087-2015_04_1315.14.13.jpg

full-45395-53088-2015_04_1316.00.04.jpg

full-45395-53089-2015_04_1316.01.48.jpg

Headed to the dam for a bit with Andrea,only to find eyeguy already on the job. Action wasn't fast, we did however manage to get a few suckers full-26589-53107-2015_04_1415.25.42.jpg

full-26589-53108-2015_04_1415.29.45.jpg

full-26589-53109-2015_04_1415.28.32.jpg

full-26589-53110-2015_04_1415.30.30.jpg

full-26589-53111-2015_04_1415.31.21.jpg

What time were you down there.

12 to 3. were you south of us?