• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Yeah Brian it certainly has been slow. I haven't been out since last Friday and got kicked in the guts out there. 4 lakes, 14 different locations, many different presentations, and 150 miles later, I had few fish for my efforts. With the weather finally showing a little more warmth, along with some stability next week, I predict things picking up.

Even Saturdays forecast is looking good. May need to see if I can start a pattern on the chain.

This pic was from the last Cool Cats event. Wonder if I can repeat a win smilefull-44147-52690-wp554(1024x737).jpg

Congratulations to Rick G. for reaching 4000 posts. Thanks Ricky for all your help fine tuning my ice fishing skills; I've come a long ways, LOL! Finally clicking the LIKE button smilefull-26589-52579-20150213_095624.jpg

full-26589-52585-20150213_114138.jpg

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Nice vid Bryan, Have to agree the weather patterns have challenged us to the max lately. Barometers and winds have been jumping up and down like pogo sticks. I've been finding a few fish lately but I have brought out all the tricks to make successful outings. I will say this hats off to anyone having success because its been tough and your earning your catch for sure. I have been finding fish especially crappies on the inside corners of break lines lately. Keys have been to look for remaining green weeds these areas seem to be holding good pockets of pies. Plastics have really been the key presentation lately, although I've whacked a few fish usally the bigger ones on small jigging raps also.

Congrats bud on some good quality stuff always enjoy your posts Rick smile

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Yeah Brian it certainly has been slow. I haven't been out since last Friday and got kicked in the guts out there. 4 lakes, 14 different locations, many different presentations, and 150 miles later, I had few fish for my efforts. With the weather finally showing a little more warmth, along with some stability next week, I predict things picking up.

Even Saturdays forecast is looking good. May need to see if I can start a pattern on the chain.

This pic was from the last Cool Cats event. Wonder if I can repeat a win smilefull-44147-52690-wp554(1024x737).jpg

We'll see Tom. Was fun watch you and Harveylee taking turns bringing in the big fish.

Rick congrats man. Good stuff as always. I really appreciate all the quality info you share.

Keep at it Bryan. I've enjoyed watching your videos. Some of those shorelines look familiar. wink

Hey Thanks guys! I enjoy making those video! I'm sure a lot of you do recognize some of those shore lines wink

Tom- Thats a nice cat and awesome job on the win last year! Fishing has been tough lately. I'm hoping it picks up here too.

crappie bite has been good all week. Best since early January. But now I moved the house and am ready for cool cats tomorrow.

Don

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Have fun guys ! And somebody please catch a bigger fish than Tom or his head will be too big for that beanie ! wink

Saw the snap shack in stageing Don. Do any pre fishing for the cats in that area if so any luck?

Don can you give me an idea of the water clarity under the snap shack? Have you dropped down the camera yet? What are you seeing?

I will be out roaming around the chain by noon, see ya' out there.

Dropped the camera down this morning. Was very cloudy. The camera hit the bottom so I stirred it up a bit but I am guessing 3ft or less.

Don

• 2 weeks later...

Drove the hr up to the area. Hit a smaller lake where I've had luck with good sized crappies, but haven't been back for more than a yr now. I was hoping for the same results and well, I did better than last time in terms of numbers... But nothing over 9".

frown

However, since my kiddo was enjoying it, we decided to just stay and catch those little guys for the afternoon rather than drive to a different lake and then have to hop around looking for fish in the wind. Should've stopped by Pearl since we passed it on the drive to our lake. Saw a few trucks and portables out there.

Got a call rather late this afternoon. It was a buddy, he was parked in my back yard .... was just wondering if I wanted to hit the lake for prime time.... grin I thought about it for about a second, lol.

We ended up at a local lake just south of town.

Bite was pretty tough. Fish were where I figured, just their mood was tough. Still, we managed to get a few to bite... even a handfull of big ones full-26589-52797-20150310_141948.jpg

full-26589-52798-20150310_175556.jpg

full-26589-52799-20150310_185051.jpg

full-26589-52800-20150310_190359.jpg

full-26589-52801-20150310_190914.jpg

nice that you got out there today!

I went out to a lake south of town and was surprised the ice was still in descent shape for Walking. a wheeler would have been fine.

We cleaned up more trash today. One group of people that I complained about last year for those that remember it was at the meth hole last year. This same group I watched fish on shoe at least 4 times about 2 weeks ago. We found the same brand of beer bottles and cans stuffed down holes and garbage everywhere including human poop. When I see you next year I will call a conservation officer the minute I see you on shoe or the chain and have them check you out. Do not fish here again if you are reading this, because I will call them every time you are here.

The extreme littering was beyond bad just as it was last year. I can not say more because I do not want to talk about race.

Don

crazy! ! thx for cleaning up!

Donny PM me the description of the individuals, I'm pretty sure I seen that crew too. Was making my rounds one night to see how things were going, and was shocked when I encountered them. I left before they did, and don't fish the lake very often, so I was unaware of what was left behind.

True sportsman alright.

They will be on my radar also, with a much stealthier recon next season, if I do see them. Can't think of any greater disrespect for the outdoors, then leaving garbage behind. Thank GOD for people that take the time and energy to pick up after those that seem to think it's no biggy to litter.

Thanks again Don for picking up after the pigs. See ya' next buddy.

Anyone been out on local lakes? just wondering about the conditions. I was last out Saturday and conditions were fine for walking, with fish biting.

have not been out around here for a while.

Paul, several lakes down in the Annandale area are alright once you get on. Getting on is the only issue. Look to those that have shaded access areas, and best bets have been on the south or west sides of the lake.

Fish have been biting fairly well too. Remember the lake Paul with that hornet's nest we cut down out of that tree next to the landing. That lake has been kicking out some nice crappies.

Text me if you want to know what/where things are still happening. Crappie and Gills are still a short walk away. Just watch your step, and don't forget your waders.

Another option is to head down to the river. I've had my long rods out for over a week. The "swing tree" and the eddy just before Tegen's has been producing suckers and the occasional smallie already; if you want a quick fishin' fix inbetween changing dirty diapers.

Can't believe how low the river is for this time of the year.

walked out today and the ice was in better shape than it was on sunday. Might be solid enough for a wheeler, but I have not tried.

Don

Thanks guys, but just found out I'll be sitting on babies Thur and Fri. I guess I'll just be wishin I was fishin smile

Checked the East side of the river yesterday; found another ice free area holding fish. The low water levels have congregated fish and this holding pattern should hold throughout the year. Wadding out in the Beaver Islands should be excellent for those willing to safely find the holes and deeper runs. Should be a fun year for us local "river rats".

Weeks of spring rains, may bring the water up some, closer to normal levels, but it will be short lived. Can't replace a heavy, slow melting snow pack, along with last years very dry fall.

almost crawler time smile