• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Looks like you made the right choice on lakes and did not head further down 23, Do not think you would have had that kind of action out there. Fun indeed.... when they are biting like that!

• 2 weeks later...

Went out to a local lake this evening for about 3 hours and picked up 3 walleyes, with the largest being a chunky 20.5, and 2 pike that ranged from 3-4.5 lbs. or so.

That moonlight last night was great. They bit the whole time it was out, then once the cloud cover came in the bite stopped completely. 5 nice eyes and two nice cats yesterday. First time I've ever kept catfish. Gonna fry them up today and feed it to my roommates to make sure it's okay to eat.

• 1 month later...

Had not been on any area lakes for a few months. Went to Grand yesterday. Wow was that lake busy. Anyway, slow fishing for us and everyone we talked to. Did manage to pull a fat bass from the slop in the southwest corner near the access.

What is this slop? I've never been on Grand this late in the year, but I never remember the weed growth that thick and that much of a mat on the top of the water. The entire southwest corner is scattered with this stuff.

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

it can get real thick on that side. With all this rain this summer the weedgrowth has really taken off on some of the area lakes.

Well I made two evening trolling trips on Koronis this weekend. Lake was pretty busy this weekend with the gorgous weather and full moon. Friday night was very productive with lots of eaters and a few caught in the low 20 inch range.

Last night was much slower but the fish ran larger with a 23" and two 27" eyes. Also a bonus slab crappie tossed in.

Shallow shad baits mimicing young of the year sunfish and crappies where the best baits in my boat.

Sounds like the daytime panfish bite has been fairly good with nice sunfish and crappies being caught as well.

Hey Borch- I'm not looking for spots,but I was thinking about hitting up Koronis tonight and was just wondering what depths were working best for you. Thanks in advance.

I caught fish from 5-10 fow with most coming out of 6-8 fow. These fish have been targeting young of the year panfish so the small shallow shad baits have been working well.

Had a lot of fun on a perfect fall night on Lake Koronis. We caught a mixed basket of fish (3 walleyes, 3 smallmouth bass, and a 39" northern) trolling crankbaits. Will post a picture of the northern if someone could clue me in on how to do so. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

I have been starting to put together a fall pattern on the chain over the last couple weeks. Been finding a mix of crappies, walleyes and cats in 8-15ft. Best bait has been a 1/8 jig with a small fathead but I have gotten a few fish on slip floats ,shad raps and lindy rigs with various minnows too. Water temp has held steady right around 60 give or take a couple degrees almost everywhere on the whole system over the last couple weeks. I only expect this bite to get better as the water temp drops. Right now the fish have been tough durring the mid day hours with only one here and there and a good flurry around prime time, to a good all day bite and a fast and furious prime time. Water temp has to come down for this to happen and it dont look like its going to drop mutch this week.

To all the guys that are out on Cedar Island be carefull. The white markers that are on the rock piles have been removed or were washed away with the high water. I saw four guys this weekend and two more last week hit the rocks pretty good and a whole bunch of near misses, and a few that some how made it through that I just couldn't watch.

To all the guys that are out on Cedar Island be carefull. The white markers that are on the rock piles have been removed or were washed away with the high water. I saw four guys this weekend and two more last week hit the rocks pretty good and a whole bunch of near misses, and a few that some how made it through that I just couldn't watch.

Now you tell me! crazy Was that you in the Northwoods boat with a bigger guy, yesterday late afternoon? I was in the blue Crestliner with my son. Luckily we were moving slow, but it dinged the prop up a bit. I was surprised at how dirty the water is. We couldn't see the bottom in 2' of water.

We ended up catching some very nice sized gills in about 6' of water just off that rocky reef.

Nels

Now you tell me! crazy Was that you in the Northwoods boat with a bigger guy, yesterday late afternoon? I was in the blue Crestliner with my son. Luckily we were moving slow, but it dinged the prop up a bit. I was surprised at how dirty the water is. We couldn't see the bottom in 2' of water.

We ended up catching some very nice sized gills in about 6' of water just off that rocky reef.

Nels

Ya that was me grin. There are some big nasty boulders on that reef. You are right about the dirty water yet, I couldn't see more than 1-2ft with the camera either cry. It should clear up when the water temp drops a bit.

osok, the two worst ones on Cedar are the point between the small island and shore coming out of the bay the 71 access is in. Nels knows this one well grin. The other real nasty one is when you are coming into Cedar from East lake, off to the right kind of by the islands there is a small hump that comes up to around 2ft and there are tons of big rocks on top of it.

RFM, Ok I'm on the same page as you, rarely ever use the 71 access, But I do know about that nasty wall.

Thanks for the reminders and the updates.

I was out on Cedar on Saturday also, slow day for us but it was my first time on the lake and wasnt aware of the rocks, thanks for the heads up

We were out on Wednesday and had NO luck for panfish. Cedar is a bit scary with the markers gone. Any suggestions for nice sized sunfish?

RFM, Thanks for the update. Looks like I won't be able to fish until early Nov. Hope the bite only improves then. I know last year we were able to fish into late Nov. Hope that stands true this year.

Went out on cedar island on Sunday Night and caught 16 cats in 2 hours all C&R first time out fishing for cats it was a blast fished a foot off the bottom with chicken liver.

The fall bite is starting to crank up. Water temps are still fairly warm in the 60-64 degree range but the weeds have really laid down and the traditional walleye bite is going with a deep minnow bite during the day and a shallow crank bite going on after dark. A fishing partner and myself hit one of the local lakes trolling cranks after dark and were reward with steady action for the time we were out there. No monsters, with a fat 24.5" eye being the big fish of the night. We had plenty 16-19" fish for the livewell. Stickbaits were putting fish in the boat for us and the fish were slapping the bait with the side of their face so we lost several fish. Still a beautiful night with a nearly full moon out and mild tempatures.

Did make it out for a Nice night fish last night. Quite the variety of weather....clear, cloudy, rain..... but the fishing was phenominal. Like Borch, ened up with some nice eaters, 4 very respectable Croppies, and 2 Large Northerns.

Went out on cedar island on Sunday Night and caught 16 cats in 2 hours all C&R first time out fishing for cats it was a blast fished a foot off the bottom with chicken liver.

matt320 - How deep where you fishing and what type of structure? Where you using a bobber or letting it sit on the bottom. My son wants to catch some cats in the worst way. We tried about a week ago in 5' of water, because someone we had talked to at the landing told us that is where they catch them in the summer. Well, we didn't get a bite. cry

Nels