• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

not to worry about posts coming in rick, jeremy is working overtime to help cover for ya. smile

Thanks Jeremy and Pushbutton for working "overtime" smile 30 more days till I get to come back home smile till then at least I have a good view of the Ny landscape. Here is a pic from out my window.full-26589-45464-20140502_174909.jpg

Have deer and geese in the back yard... and the biggest rats you ever saw hang out by the dumpster grin wish I had a pellet gun wink

Well you should have took your pole Rick you could fish out your window for rats with cat dough balls smile

LOL....thought the same thing. Think the catching would be easier than the release though. Good thing Rick, is that so far you have not missed much and there will still be plenty o fish waiting upon your return wink

I hear they are good smoked if you poke em with a pin first

PB is right Rick, not to much going on around cloudy town lately. Nearly 6 inches of rain last week has the river flow highest of the year; over a foot from when you left.

Crappies have been in and out of the shallows on local lakes, with the cooler weather, and now forecasts showing more rain, will keep them out in deeper water even longer. Had some great action only twice with crappie so far this spring. I'm sure you know what lake... the perennial first spring producer.

Looking forward to a good morel and fungi spring with great moisture now, as the soil temps. finally warming up.

Show us a picture of one of those big New Yaahker rats if you can get close enough without being assaulted.

phone won't allow me to post my fish making me upset. Even more so since I caught a nice northern this am. Found a guy to take the pics. My first northern a rough looking guy it was with a few open wounds on him. Guessing the weight id have to say 12 pounds. Pm me with number and I would send pics. full-26589-45494-27793.jpg

full-26589-45495-27329.jpg

full-26589-45496-27324.jpg

sent a few to you. Was lucky today to have someone to take picture of pike. Poor fish looked like its been through heck.

Nice fish Nate.

phone won't allow me to post my fish making me upset. Even more so since I caught a nice northern this am. Found a guy to take the pics. My first northern a rough looking guy it was with a few open wounds on him. Guessing the weight id have to say 12 pounds. Pm me with number and I would send pics. full-26589-45494-27793.jpg

full-26589-45495-27329.jpg

full-26589-45496-27324.jpg

Wow dude.You scored big time, the best I seen all spring!

I hit the quote button.Didn't want your report to get lost on the last page. smile

nate, did Jeremy teach you how to hold a fish for the camera? He doesn't smile either... LOL wink

Nice report Nate, good job! Im pretty sure you caught a muskie not a northern. Lucky you, still waiting for my first muskie smile

Lol, I even looked at the pics he sent me b4 I posted them... Didn't even notice it was a muskie... good catch wink

there are no muskies out there. you guys are all dreaming................ eek

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Sure looks like a ski to me with the tail and markings...

no smallies out there either...

Hi everyone I was wondering where some good places to go for opener on shore??

Hi everyone I was wondering where some good places to go for opener on shore??

There are plenty more people with more shore fishing experience than me, but for a quick reply prior to opener, I would think that your best bet would be any bridges on the Sauk River or Mississippi, or boat landings on the chain (sauk river/horseshoe chain of lakes).

examples: scsu, sartell has a few, cr 22 in Richmond, Knaus in Cold Spring, CR 71 in Richmond, Hwy 23 in Cold Spring etc... there is tons of options, pinpoint the area you wanna stay around and pull out a map and check for bridge options

welcome to the site t0ny

The St Cloud, Sartell and Blanchard dams are all good places to find a few opening day walleyes.

Good luck eveyone grin I hope to see a bunch of pictures posted tomorrow evening wink

Fished for 15 hours today caught 2 walleye 6 small mouth and a 5 pound northern lol this time it was a northern. Saw some nice fish caught today. Spent most of day at st cloud dam. Think I caught the smallest walleye ever wasn't much bigger than jig. 75 percent of walleyes caught at dam today was on white curly tails. Even tho I didn't catch a lot it sure was a good day.

3 generations of pushbuttons made it out today. Grandpa P's back can't handle much time in the boat anymore so we just hit up the quarries for trout and it was an absolutely wonderful day to walk around out there. The stockers were still schooled up and pickings were rather easy. Jr, early on, pretty much toasted my best two lurers in trees, but still managed a good day. Artificial out performed live bait hands down, and color/type did not matter as much as the action that was put on it. The size of the fish this year was certainly on the small side compared to others, but still a great opportunity for central Minnesota and appreciative......pound for pound, these little buggers just put up an awesome fight.

20140510_140712_zpsa2e78af3.jpg

20140510_132316_zps27983f2b.jpg

First class story and pics to go with it. I like the one of jr and Grandpa walking together smile

Definitely agree about the fight! I caught a bunch pretty much that same size on Watab yesterday, and they are a blast!

Do the quarry pits get fished out pretty quick, or is it stocked several times throughout the year? Looks like it'd be a fun place to take the kids.