• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Kou V-Your roommates will be feasting for awhile

Great report and pics Kou V.

Keep sharing bro.

Thanks guys. I've always enjoyed fishing in cloudy drizzling weather. But with the cold and wind it can be a challenge. I was surprise that the water was warmer than the temp. Might be out again tonight.

Jr and I hit it up again. 3rd day in a row, only 432 days to go to beat Rick's record wink Yep, it was nasty again, and tried to stay warmer by nestling up to cold granite to break the wind smile First time on the sipp and she is high and rolling. Spent a few hours chasing suckers and they did not disappoint. Found a relatively slow moving seam by the dam and it was game on.....

full-27018-45162-20140429_170032.jpg

full-27018-45163-20140429_172420.jpg

Kou V,

those are some nice cats you guys got. just a reminder thou that you can only have one cat over 24 inches in your 5 fish limit. would hate to see you get a ticket for having to many over the 24 inch mark.

Long arm camera shot might make them look big, but sure looks like there sitting on a dominos med 5.99 each deal box...... putting all under 24 winksmile

Brad B

Don't worry, I know my regulations. I'm pretty sure the biggest one was pushing 24 inches. Therefore the rest of the others can't be 24. But thanks though!

Nice observation. grin lol

If it had the added stuffed crust from pizza hut then you might be in trouble. grin

Stopped at a couple of dams today.First place I fished wasn't as active as it has been but cought a fare share of suckers.

Lol , I met a guy down there.His name is Nate and he said he found out about the suckers because some guy posting about it on hso. laugh

Second place I fished was a lot better.The bite was hot but different.The River was fast and a lot higher than usual.I had to do more of a toss than a cast into specific slow areas that trees and brush, were around.Heck the suckers were taking quarter pieces of crawlers and biting fine.

Here is a pic of Nate with one of his fish.

full-45395-45205-2014_04_3012.47.44_1.jp

full-45395-45206-2014_04_3012.49.27.jpg

The pic below

This fish swam hard.Almost lost him under a bridge.Measured 22.25 inches long.

full-45395-45207-2014_04_3017.38.48.jpg

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

Nice work Jeremy! I might have to come over and try catching a few of them game fish

Huh....never saw one red horse there yesterday. Love the color on your little guy, and that whitey is a hog! Now that we know Nate is watching this...... have to him know that Jr. owns that spot....and he is going to have to throw down with a 7 year old if jr. ever sees him fishing there winkgrin

Thought about going to your second spot , but, yeah, would think the current would be too crazy fast there. What kind of set up were you using to hold in place, or were you just letting it swirl in that eddy?

you guys need to get out more... laugh

I don't wanna throw down with nobody I'm a fisher not a fighter. I'm here for 16 weeks I plan to do a lot of fishing. Its still cold for a Georgia boy like me though.

Welcome to Mn, Nate, if only for the time being, and no need to worry about jr ....well, kind of....if you ever fish with him, he has the attention span of a doorknob and will drive you nuts with incessant movement, noise, and chatter. It is almost too cold for us as well, but better days are right around the corner and if you are here without a boat, you picked a good spot. Lots of good river areas to fish for a variety of species throughout the year. Have to say though, when the weather gets warmer, some of these well known communal spots will be frequented by some rather interesting folk smile

welcome to the site nate, and to MN. smile

The weather app says we will have a decent weekend.Would be nice to get out on a lake and see how the pan fish bite.

Hope some of you did better than me today.Went to watab/rossier lake Fished the opening of a creek that flows into the lake.This section is an area I haven't tried before.Did pull up suckers there but never found any panfish on the lake today.

full-45395-45336-2014_05_0319.55.37.jpg

Can't seam to figure out how to post pics. Got a nice walleye and a small mouth id like to post. Well nice walleye for me anyhow.

Went out for suckers on the river.Bunch of nice people out there fishin.A guy pointed out to me that one of the suckers I put back in the water didn't make it so I scurried down the rocks and was able to grab it.My friend likes to eat them so I kept a couple for him.Nice day fishing.

JR. and I also went out for a few hours looking for cats or suckers, but ended up at a slob carpfest, only packing 4 lb test..... ended up on the really short side of that stick.

Can't seam to figure out how to post pics. Got a nice walleye and a small mouth id like to post. Well nice walleye for me anyhow.

Hit the 5th icon over above the box your posting in. It's got the blue arrow.

Thought I would have a change of pace and try Sauk rapids.Managed to get into some fish close to shore.Ran into some people who like the reports were posting in the area.Nice meeting you Cory and Ben. cool

full-45395-45425-2014_05_0518.29.41.jpg

Found an unexpected Small mouth Bass in the mix too.

full-45395-45427-2014_05_0518.47.36.jpg

Made it out for a few hours again this evening. Went straight back to where we found the pig carp yesterday, only this time with some heavier line. Found the big girls again, and while the line held today, the lures did not. New to this area, soon learned there was a lot of cover they were ducking into, had to horse them, and the jigs simply could not handle it. Slobosaurous carp 2/Pushbutton 0 blush Saved a little face with some "smaller" ones. Have a feeling am going to take another shot at them, but may need to bring out the flathead gear wink

20140505_183218_zps9288af11.jpg full-27018-45438-20140505_173629.jpg

Great you guys are getting out and into fish. Thanks for the reports and pictures

I thought it was just my bad luck getting jigs and hooks broken in pieces on these rough fish.

Nice carp,Pushbutton.Hope these crappies start showing up soon.

A few things I saw today I did not see yesterday is that the carp were hitting topwater ....big time, the foam has started, and the bottom sludge had some green in it. Cats and crappies will be next. It is actually finally starting to warm up. smile

nice pics guys! keep em comin

Yes guys, very nice pics..... I beg of all of all you, please keep the reports and pic's coming..... I'm stuck where there isn't any lakes right now frown