• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Was wondering if anyone has hit Mayhew lake at all? Want to hear something on before i take a day to fish it. If anyone knows anything please PM me and talk to me.

You'd be better off going to Grand or Pleasant lake since Mayhew had a fish die off last spring.

Grand and Pearl have a similar size structure to the panfish and gamefish. Both lakes have an almost stunted sunfish population, decent numbers of crappies, plentiful northerns and good numbers of weed oriented walleyes.

Spend enough time on either lake to learn it well and it will pay off wink

I'll be out on Pearl all day tomorrow. I'm taking my "little" from the Big Brother program out there. I was thinking we'd try the west side of the lake. Anyone had luck over there?

I was on Grand two weeks ago, I caught couple northerns and missed a few fish on the tip up. Looks like a good lake for pike action but thats all i know. Only was there once. I was straight out from the access at the drop off.

I hit Big Watab yesterday and fished the first Island we got one keeper crappie and a few northern on the tip up. caught a few trout but not in season yet.but the holes went dead after 6 pm and it was to cold to just wait for the night bite. couple years back we use to kill it at 12-2:30 am on wally's in about 20-25 fow.

I hit Big Watab yesterday and fished the first Island we got one keeper crappie and a few northern on the tip up. caught a few trout but not in season yet.but the holes went dead after 6 pm and it was to cold to just wait for the night bite. couple years back we use to kill it at 12-2:30 am on wally's in about 20-25 fow.
. Cool Nick! How were you puting the hook on the minnows on the tip up?The dorsal or under the head?.

Was out on Julia for 5 hours today. Between 4 guys we got 2 crappies and a sunny. Gave them to a guy with a couple little kids when we left.

Marked them in both shanty towns but couldn't get bites. Lots of people coming and going, didn't sound like others had much luck either.

Happy Holiday's All,

I'll be in the STC area for a few days over Christmas and hoping to get out, Just looking for general info on ice conditions (Thickness, ice roads...). Any info is much appreciated.

Straight through the back like a crappie minnow. I use a treble hook with a nice size spoon I rigged up on with small paper clip. Real live fishing Mcguyver for ya. It works,gives that extra flash to bring them in. anyways good luck

Was out on Julia for 5 hours today. Between 4 guys we got 2 crappies and a sunny. Gave them to a guy with a couple little kids when we left.

Marked them in both shanty towns but couldn't get bites. Lots of people coming and going, didn't sound like others had much luck either.

..Thanks for your report Lucas! It's a busy lake it seems.That lake reminds me of a park,ppl always coming and going even during early afternoon on week days.

Happy Holiday's All,

I'll be in the STC area for a few days over Christmas and hoping to get out, Just looking for general info on ice conditions (Thickness, ice roads...). Any info is much appreciated.

Most of the ice I've seen is 12" plus around here, but you're going to want to consult based on the specific body of water you plan on fishing. Good luck!

Went to Camp, just southeast of Clear Lake on Highway 10, yesterday (Monday) morning. Brr x 1,000. But we gave it a shot.

Tried holes going in a line going toward the center of the lake from the southeast corner, by the access. Didn't have a bite. (I'm new to fishing [since June-ish], so you'll probably see that last bit in many of my posts, ha.) Trying for crappies with fathead minnows.

Ice seemed super thick on Camp. A workout for two guys and a 6-inch hand auger. We were out on the chain a few days ago, just southeast of Richmond and down the lake a ways, and that ice was actually spotty in areas — thin stuff seen from afar. We had 8 or more inches under us. But on Camp, it was 12 or more, from what I could tell (didn't stick my hand in).

Seems like a great spot, and I was told crappies will bite there. While we were there, a frigid Monday morning, another fellow was in the southwest corner. Couple shacks over there and one in the SE corner, pretty close to shore.

Welcome o HSO dalejrjrjr smile Camp can be a fun lake, I have never had much luck on the crappies but have found some decent sunfish in there.

I know it isn't really st cloud area, but little maple was geat the last couple days for crappies. We fished around the 28ft hole and found a few scools of small ones and then hit the mother lode of 12-16 in crappies. Had we kept any, we could've filled about 10 limits easily in the coue hours we were out this morning.

Hit Rice for crappies this morning, tough bite but caught enough for a meal. The key was to pick off the aggresive fish then on to the next hole. Anywhere from 22-36', away from the crowds, multiple area. Might hit it again early morning, stable weather might pay off in the next two days. Always looking for

a fishing partner

I know it isn't really st cloud area, but little maple was geat the last couple days for crappies. We fished around the 28ft hole and found a few scools of small ones and then hit the mother lode of 12-16 in crappies. Had we kept any, we could've filled about 10 limits easily in the coue hours we were out this morning.

Between this post and the one on the buffalo forum you can probably expect about 1,000 portables on that lake tomorrow. Say goodbye to your 16 inchers wink

Everyone likes a good wild goose chase once in a while.

Do you actually believe this post? The last true 16 I seen caught and posted came from Crane Lake, and by no means were they catching limits of them.