• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Big Nick-Check around the first island closest to the teepee.It's a waiting game sometimes for the schools to come in.

Big Nick-Check around the first island closest to the teepee.It's a waiting game sometimes for the schools to come in.

Schools of what?

Anything.It's pretty cool actually.It's a good starting point on that section.I can sit there and catch gills a few small northern ,top it with some crappies and hey a trout can pay ya a visit too.Tom- come with sometime.You may answer your own question. It's fun over there.You never really know what will swim by.

Tom- come with sometime.You may answer your own question. It's fun over there.You never really know what will swim by.

Might see ya' after trout season opens; that's the only time I bother with Big Watab during the ice season.

Thanks for the info on watab. I will be out there around 2-2:30 will for sure hit the Islands. Thanks guys.when does trout season open for ice?

First time out on the ice this year. I've been dreaming about it for weeks. Working on my master's (studying fish, ironically) has left little time for my favorite hobby. We spent the morning on Julia. Saw a lot of small fish and decided to move on. We fish catch and release so no need for a bunch of dinks. Decided to hit up Blue. Not much luck there. It's amazing how much a fishery can change from year to year. If you don't fish it consistently you really lose touch with the patterns. Marked a few fom 17-22 fow on Blue. They'd come for a look and swim off. The cold got to us and we gave up. It was fun just being on the ice. Saw a few people were out on Julia with full size trucks. That's pretty ballsy... I know some other guys from here were out today. How'd you do?

I was out on Briggs this morning for couple hours. Ice was around 13" but fishing was slow. Not much activity. Thinking about trying little rock tomorrow. Hope others had better luck.

My Truck engine broke down on the way there.Happened so fast,I got it towed and repaired at a shop.Try again tommorrow.Zoom Zoom!

where you thinking tomorrow? I was out on watab and got one nice trout about 16" or so. Put him back, don't think season is open till mid-jan. Had a ton of stuff suspended but wouldn't bite, nibble here nibble there nothing for the Ice. what lake were you thinking? Got church in morning but looking to go all afternoon.Maybe watab again.

Not sure yet.This week I havnt really gone out much.Things keep comeing up right when I want to fish.I'm leaning on the Briggs chain.Try to catch a fish maybe.Sending a pm to ya

Not sure yet.This week I havnt really gone out much.Things keep comeing up right when I want to fish.I'm leaning on the Briggs chain.Try to catch a fish maybe.Sending a pm to ya

Maybe you'd want to check out the septic tank of Little Rock???

Lots of 15 inch eyes?..........

You guys are more than welcome out on the Chain, lots if crappies being caught right now.

Went fishing today on the Briggs chain.Found a bunch of gills,nothing big in size.A few small crappies too.Over all the drilling and time spent I would say it was slow.Used about four different plastics,wax worms,minnows,gulp .Might go west of the cloud tommorrow instead.Still had fun,yapping with the people around me made it better.

Hit Watab again, nothing, a lot on the vex, but couldn't get them to hit. want to go out Tuesday night with a buddy named Thad. you should come on out with us Jeremy? maybe we can change our luck??????? I have yet to put much on the Ice.Where would you suggest seeing we want to stay as local as possible,maybe Little Rock???? PM to say either way.

LoL ..I'm in the same boat as you.I'm not really catching much either.The Horseshoe I guess Has a lot of people's attention.I would guess that's where to go with your girlfriend.Check again on the Horse shoe lake topic.Rick and many others have walked away very happy when they were done fishing.

LoL ..I'm in the same boat as you.I'm not really catching much either.

It might be time for you to find a different lake or change your tactics then. Not catching much isn't much fun IMO.

It might be time for you to find a different lake or change your tactics then. Not catching much isn't much fun IMO.

Any advice on what's been working? Think I might head out tonight and/or tomorrow.

Had some time to kill this afternoon, off to the lake I went. Ended up on Cedar Island looking for crappies. Took drilling a bunch of holes to stay on them. There was a good school in the area we chose, but they were moving around pretty quick. Jumping from hole to hole until the school was found, then working them over till they moved on was the most effective method. My partners tried sitting in one area for a while to see if that would be productive, it wasn't grin

We were fishing the edge of a deep basin area, had holes from 20-30+ ft ran along the shoreline break. My spread of holes was almost 100yds today, fished every hole and caught fish out of most of them at some point.

We were all trying something different today. I got almost all mine on Small plastics, and a few more on the Frostee, while my partners held their own with jigs and minnow heads.

Time of day didn't seem to matter much, we caught them all day long, and had a real strong run at prime time full-26589-40417-002.jpg

full-26589-40418-003.jpg

full-26589-40419-004.jpg

Once darkness set in things slowed quite a bit, but we weren't ready to give up just yet wink decided to go chase some cats for a couple hrs too.

Was out on little rock tonight and we got one Walter and missed a nice 24'or 25' in the hole,He shook off when I was trying to pull the vex out of the way- Dang Nabbit-- well will just have to try again. I guess that's why they call it fishing and not catching.

Headed out to Pleasant today, marked a few fish. Fished anywhere between 13-17 fow. Only 2 sunnies made it out of the hole, too small about 6in.

Big nick grbich ~ bummer you lost that nice eye, probably was still fun though..You should try drilling separate hole just for the vex

Right I should have just knocked another hole but it is what it is. went out the next night in the same spot and didn't get c-rap. had a few on vex but wouldn't take the bait. hoping to hit Big Watab this weekend.

Was wondering if anyone has hit Mayhew lake at all? Want to hear something on before i take a day to fish it. If anyone knows anything please PM me and talk to me.