• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Too bad you couldn't have snagged one of these full-29971-34043-31929_259422284195157_6

but for free, you really can't complain winkfrown just hope the guy that lost it doesn't see your pic smile

Bass was a lot of fun today.Right on the edge where watab meets the Sartell Mississippi.My daughter was makeing icecream sundaes with the sand on the bottom of the rocks while I was fishing next to her.Biggest bass was 17.75" and many were big also.Night crawlers and a small red hook on very slow reel in.Daisy was screaming with excitement when the fish came in out of the river.Hope they are biteing like this as we move in to next week. Rick,Nice anchor,I remember Brad talking on those nifty things.

The walleyes and crappies seem to be biting better after dark, the bass can't find the bait as easy then... at least the dumb ones can't laugh Hopefully this cool weather gets the 'eyes going in full swing soon.

Got this one off the Dock yesterday on Horseshoe. He was using an ultralight rod with 4 pound test. Took about 30 minutes to land him.

Don

1382008_10201363758914405_415593053_n.jp

Spent some time above the mill.Crappies were very hungry tonight.Probeley caught between 25-30 of them.Most were released except 6 of them.Largest was just under 11".Chattering my teeth from 9:30pm-11:30pm.Minnows and a jig were used allowing only the slow current to work my night bobber.The river current did all the work for me tonight.Horseshoe Don,looks like a good fighting fish in that pic.Pretty Awesome! full-45395-37803-imag0518.jpg

The bite only lasted an hour or so tonight with slower results than yesterday.This time I needed to do some turning to get there attention for a good chase.I would like to get the boat up river this week in the evening and get an idea for myself of how the crappie bite is.Here is one from tonight @ 11.25" coolfull-45395-37849-imag0519.jpg

Fishing in the Rain! Lol. I went out tonight above and Crappies were real quiet.Ended up with a Northern and some Rockies after moving below the dam .It was a cool adrenaline to be out in the windy rain.Stupid enough to be climbing around the wet granite.Had to try it to see what the fish do in fall rain in the evening.Check out time was 11:30.

Jeremy, crappies were slow for me as well last evening. I got three of them, along with a few bass and walleyes.

That granite they have below the dams gets pretty slick when it's wet, I saw one of our own Mod/Members do a complete back flip on those rocks last year... thought the poor guy was messed up bad, but he popped back up like nothing happened grin I'm not going to use any names, but his initials are LPCRF grin

Was a very good weekend last weekend off the dock on Shoe. Water temps were mid 50's. Caught about 20 cats, largest about 7lbs. 4 Northerns, largest 10 pounds. 2o-30 crappies (only at night). All were caught with fatheads on a mini jig.

Smoked a bunch of cats and the big northern and they were yummy.

Don

That granite they have below the dams gets pretty slick when it's wet, I saw one of our own Mod/Members do a complete back flip on those rocks last year... thought the poor guy was messed up bad, but he popped back up like nothing happened grin I'm not going to use any names, but his initials are LPCRF grin

It happens to the best of us. Once when I was a young lad I took a biffer into the river off of a big flat granite slab below the Sartell dam. This was after dark right after opener...the water was high and VERY cold. I got caught in the current but managed to swim into the big eddy that gets all foamy (and full of crappies sometimes) out near the point, but for about ten seconds I thought I was a goner. Thankfully, I think I only lost a lightning rod, a headlamp, and a bit of pride. smile

Hit all three dams this evening. Started at St Cloud right after work, smallies were going crazy for a while, but nothing else was. Left here shortly after dark, only catching two walleyes.

I met up with a close friend at the dam, off To Blanchard we went, bass were going pretty well here, even after dark, but so were the walleyes grin Nothing real big, but some decent numbers.

After wearing out our welcome at Blanchard we opted to hit Sartell for a bit, action wasn't as good here but we did get into a mix off Rockies, smallies, small walleyes and one dinky northern. I will add some pics when I get to my computer smilefull-26589-38012-018.jpg

full-26589-38013-019.jpg

First pic is a guy I met at the dam... he was pretty happy with his catch, and I don't blame him grin what pretty fish! This was also the biggest walleye I saw yesterday.

Second pic is one of the late night smallies I got, nothing too big, around 18in I would guess.

Man, what a crappy day... for me anyway blush everyone else was doing great. Here is my buddy Glen with a nice bassfull-26589-38037-021.jpg And here is LPCRF with a couple decent ones... and who could that be in the RP off in the back ground smirkfull-26589-38038-024.jpg

full-26589-38039-025.jpg I don't think the Godfather of the river was doing so good today either, at least I wasn't the only one who struggled grin

Made it out last night in the rain/wind for a little full moon night fishing. First intention was going to big birch but got to the access and turned around because there were 3 foot rollers whitecapping. Not good with the 14 foot 15h johnson by yourself. Would have been perfect though with the northwest wind crashing waves onto the structure i wanted to fish. Headed to a smaller lake which was much more calm and manage this guy at about 7:00 pm trolling raps. Figured about 20" give or take an inch but still took big for me to keep so catch and release. Had me all excited though catching him right when i got there but nothing after that. Water temp was a 53 last night so should be the right time to be out there. I will try to get out to Big Birch tomorrow if i can and give an update. Fall bite on birch is a blast grinfull-42056-38060-fallwall.jpg

Tonight I was able to redeem myself a little, got a few walleyes, but nothing overly big full-26589-38071-005.jpg

We had a couple visitors this eveningfull-26589-38072-004.jpg

Seems these two raccoons wanted a better look at us, so they climbed the tree directly over our heads crazy once in a while they would drop twigs ,leaves and grapes down smirk It was the grapes they must have been up there eating,till finally got board with us and left for the evening smile

LP, it remained slow after you left, I stayed for another hr, and only managed to land one and have one more get off.

Jeremy, you left you minnow bucket down there, I left it under the flat rocks we set our tackle on, it's covered up with leaves.

I might try again before light in the morning, then it's off for either Birch or the walleye puddle tomorrow.

My wife was texting me to come home,I wasn't even thinking about the minnows.Thank you.I doubt I will be back but hopefully who ever finds them will get some fish out of it.

Ended up getting 11 walleyes last night, kept four 15-17inch fish for lunch today wink Surface water temp ranged from 49-51 depending on what part of the lake we were on. Shad raps trolled in the 8-14ft range is the presentation we used, we varied speed quite a bit, but found 1.8-2.2mph to be most effective. The key to getting the fish to bite was to get as close to the weeds as we could without getting hung up. Though we had our share of weed foul ups, it was the leaves on, and just below the surface that were giving us the most trouble. No big ones last night, everything was 14-18in, but we did get a few real nice crappies on the same raps the walleyes were hitting wink

I don't quite know what to make of this snow... it could put a damper on my plans for this evening

Jaron,Nice fish! It was nice to meet LP the river the other day on the river.Looks like you and Rick had walleye in your evening plans . Anyone here attempt fishing today?

You know I did grin Was going to hit the lake for the afternoon/evening thing, but decided to hit the river instead. Action was ok for bass, but they were pretty sluggish, I think we are down to our last week before they quit for the year. Walleyes bit pretty good from 7-8pm, them slower for the next hour before quitting around 9.

Jeremy, your minnow bucket is still where I left it the other night, minnows looked good yet too smile

I got the day off.I'm going down there to fish tommorrow.If there still there that would be a plus.If the bass and crappies aren't around then they will go in the fish tank for crappies another time.I'm going to pick up some tackle on my way over.What do you suggest Rick for walleye ?

Rick, did you guys fish mostly the north or south basin on birch. I wish i woulda made it out there but the gf was sick so i had to tend to her. Just curious if you fished the 13' rock point in the north basin or around that area. Rocks/gravel shallow and deep, thick weed lines shallow and deep, mud, and steep drop offs. Usually if you spend a little time scouting that area you can find them.

Jeremy, Husky jerks or Xraps in the 8 or 10 size are great this time of year, so are shallow shad raps and 3-5in plastics.

Jaron, I know the spot you are talking about well, would have fished it, but there was another boat working it when we went past.

We were in both basins, the North side by the rock tavern gave up the first few fish. Spent the rest of the time in the South working the sides of the humps and islands. Was trying rocks, but weed edges seemed better.