• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

awesome I was hoping someone would answer that... I had an old guy at the cafe tell me to use a white mister twister I might have to get a few just for nostalgia sake since that was my grandfathers tried a true bait every where he went fishing he would use it and catch fish

Thanks Rick!, WAY better response than I imagined. Had luck on the river on the middle left on as well!

Yeah I tried in the rain a bit yesterday morning both St. Cloud and Sartell the small mouth were biting that is for sure but not much else.

Griffond- Thanks for the update! cool I glanced at that link you had up and you got some talent making tackle.Looks like a cool hobby.

Welcome back, Jeremy! It's been a few days since we last heard from you.

I made it down to the riv for a little bit last evening. Crappies were biting good, almost too good. Saw a guy with so many fish they were flopping out his pail frown must have had 20-30 on the ground besides what was in his bucket, if my phone wasn't about dead I woulda called Officer Martin!

"Saw a guy with so many fish they were flopping out his pail frown must have had 20-30 on the ground besides what was in his bucket"

There's a guy that needs to be reported! What a pig! Should have taken his car license number down so they could pay him a visit.

Slayer, while I absolutely agree with you 200% on that guy needing to be reported, I also think he may be in another even worse situation. Most of the individuals who poach fish are not doing it as a one time thing. They usually do it consistently, and I wouldn't doubt this guy will be back to do it again. Just look at the recent over limit of catfish in Lac qui Parle recently, they had an overlimit on the stringer, and they had more at home in the freezer. So hopefully he shows up again, and this time gets reported so he gets an even larger fine.

Thanks Rick, Been busy with getting my fish finder set up .Made some bends and holes on a strip of metal for a mounting bracket .And fabricated some other things to finish it off.Also worked on some lighting for night fishing. All set for fall now. full-45395-37492-imag0493.jpg

full-45395-37493-imag0494.jpg

This will have to do for now.

I finally found a walleye in the RIVER! I got a horrible picture I quick took I don't think I am gonna throw it up here I'm kinda gripping it down a bit...its a smaller one like 1.5-2lbs something like that the part that gets me is it took the biggest shad rap I had in my box! Its the biggest one they make before you hit musky class lures...

@ Jeremy thanks for checking out my little blog/google+ page its just a hobby that I have been doing for time to time I would love to actually have more time to do it... I am way better at making in line spinners and wire baits then wood baits but you gotta start somewhere... I was trying to find a way to save $ on bigger baits that cost an arm and a leg.

Crappies bit pretty decent again last evening, 1/16 ox jigs and 2in bodies were getting the most bites. I was working a good sized eddy just down river from the fishing pier. Bass were also going pretty good on the same set up. Didn't get any walleyes last evening, but wasn't trying too hard for them.

I know it's short notice, but if anyone want's to join me this evening I think I will be at the St. Cloud dam on the East side around 6-8:30pm if it's not pouring. I'm not promising anything but there should be a few fish in the area. I wouldn't usually be at the dam on a weekend, but all my fishin' buddies wimped out today grin

That one I caught yesterday was at the Dam at 4pm on the nose btw... I mite make it down there around then the GF hasn't figured out what else is going on today.

Griffond, it was nice to meet, talk and fish with you and Meghan. Jeremy, as always, it was fun fishin' with ya smile

Fishing could have been better, got a few crappies and rockbass, Jeremy got the only walleyes and Griffond got this pikefull-26589-37543-033.jpg

Yeah it was great meeting you Rick. I had a fun evening the weather got better and the fish quit biting. We'll catch up with you again sometime thanks for the education in river fishing ;-).

Made it out to one of the smaller lakes in the area in search of some panfish, spent around three hrs looking shallow, deep and all points in between without so much as a nibble frown

Also hit the river for a few min this evening, action was a bit better for bass and various other species, but no where as good as it should be at this time of year. I didn't, get skunked, and that's all that really matters smile

Griffond, You forgot one of your beverage containers down there, I have it, let me know next time you head to the riv, I will bring it down.

Started around 9pm-11:45pm above and below the mill.Plenty of crappies above and not so much below.Live minnows,bobber and jig were my choices for setup this week.Found a crappie just a pinch under 12" and a couple of 11" were up for a fight too.Average tonight were around 8".Reeling and pausing repeatedly seem to be what they wanted.full-45395-37569-imag0497.jpgfull-45395-37571-imag0504.jpg Sorry about the second pic it's not the cleanest shot.

Yup I used plastics most of the yr and did well.For now I'm having more productivity with the live crappie minnows.If I'm on boat in deeper depths it works well with plastics for me.Last night I was setting the bobber a yard stick from the jig.I started at 2' from the jig and moved it until they were biteing.So around three ft was beneficial.

Went to a couple of lakes today,Spunk and watab.I got skunked at spunk and caught a bunch of very small sunfish on watab.Very different behavior than usual on these waters.I hadnt had a day on the lakes this bad for awhile.Similar to Ricks outing the other day.Hope to try again soon over there.

caught a crappie and a smally on the river this evening I am guessing the bite was a bit later tonight probably like a 9pm. I couldn't stay that late so I dunno... Anyone out that late to see if the action picked up at all?

Wow, that's one skinny pike. Unless Griffond is really, really, really, really fat. smile

You guys are killing me...after living on the river and fishing it almost nightly for almost four years, I must say that moving to St Joe is starting to hurt, especially this time of year. I dunno why, but now that I actually have to DRIVE to the river to fish, it's much harder to get out, even though I only live a few miles away from where y'all are catching those fish.

caught a crappie and a smally on the river this evening I am guessing the bite was a bit later tonight probably like a 9pm. I couldn't stay that late so I dunno... Anyone out that late to see if the action picked up at all?

Action remained good long after you left grin Had two old friends come down after dark, we stayed till late-late smile Nothing big, but good numbers. Everything came off 2-3in grubs on 1/16-1/8 oz heads, crankbaits were just not doing it.

Look around on the forum, I got a pic of a 20-5/8 in bass somewhere grin

Cool! I will have to try the grubs in sartell.Went above the dam in st cloud this morning around 10am.Small mouths were biteing near cathedral school neighborhood.Found them mostly where it transitions from rock to mud.As long as you move it they were biting on it. full-45395-37633-imag0509.jpg

Hey Rusty,I heard by a couple of locals that Gordon's bridge north of Sartell is an area to check out right now.I might check more on that myself this week sometime.

Yep, the Gordons bridge area is holding a few walleyes wink Look around the bridge itself and up river from it, around mid river, 10-14ft.

Checked out the LG mouth pond again and found a few more smaller one's this time.I wonder If there reproducing in there.Still havnt confirmed a rumor about carp but il keep trying time to time.I hope to look in st cloud@ credit union pond again .Now that a lot of the brush around it is easier to get around I can try a few new spots and see what comes up.

This afternoon I went over to Big Fish Found a large mouth, northern and some Sun fish.All were under 20' deep.Collecting Sun fish with crappie minnows.Also caught a nice anchor that was sitting around 16'which was the heaviest of all my catch.full-45395-37707-imag0511.jpg

full-45395-37708-imag0513.jpg Took it home to clean.

I would just cook that whole wink You might want to check to see if they are still in season grin You don't want the local CO to hunt you down smile

LoL. I hooked it all up today .Cant wait to see how it does on windy days.Better keep a pocket knife with me in case it gets wedged between something and I have to cut the rope.