• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Nice fish! Gonna go try down by the University Dam this morning for a little bit see if anything is in there before it rains on me.

Nice fish, Rick.

What are the water temps up in your parts? grin

Carl, your one sick puppy, but I will play along

Being I still got a touch of this flu that has been going around, I'm guessing 100-101 frownsmile is that enough info for ya grin

Nice report Rick! I find those parts to be a hassle sometimes during these slow months.I got a feeling those temps on the south end will cool off once you go wading. grin

OH man, you might be the sickest one of the bunch of us smile we had better get back on track with the reports, otherwise one of the real moderators might get upset with usgrin

went down to the dam today and only caught tiny bass, but there was a boat out in the middle and they had continuous action with the smallmouth.

Two small smallmouth and a couple of nice crappies on the U side of the dam I saw the boat this morning as well I watched the guy get off the river he went to the U access I think he was NUTS! Is there Flathead cats in the river I saw a great big cat fish on the high side of the dam on the U side of the river right up by the rocks feeding about 2pm or so was a really great looking fish but he didn't have much interest in my crawlers or the little bit of chicken liver I thru out there for him... I was hoping this weather would kick up a bit but so far nothing good... gonna go get some minnows and take the GF out there this evening and try again just for fun... I hope somebody gets something lol cause I sure am not lol.

Griffond, no flats in our section of river, just channels.

Made it out for a couple hours again tonight. I figured with the front coming through things would be good.full-26589-37299-003.jpg Got a few of these, this one was the biggest.

After it got dark I switched over to a 1/4oz Lindy Max Gap jig and a big swim bait, was trying for a big girl, but instead I got thisfull-26589-37301-006.jpg when I hooked her I thought I had a 10lb walleye, until it jumped 3ft out of the water that is. I have said this before, I don't fish for the ski's but always love catching such a strong fish smile

Tried the U side of the dam again last night caught a bunch of crappies and rockbass, some bull heads and missed something in the water on a dead smelt that cut the line... met tons of nice people last night thou. There was a great fish story session going on at the pier lol my girlfriend and I were there after midnight talking with folks.

I spent most of the post-rain afternoon/evening walking in the woods, but I hopped into the boat for a bit o' sundown bass fishing. I shoulda stayed in the woods. I didn't have high hopes for it, but I was hoping that my charisma and charm would fool a few of the big females. The fish, I mean. But like when I was younger, it didn't work.

Got a few small ones and missed the only decent fish that bit. Typical.

No pot of gold for me today either.Above and below the mill was really dead.Sauk rapids pumped a couple of bass for me, real close to shore kind of thing.

I went to the pier for a little bit last evening. They were sooting off fireworks for the Huskie game... I don't know if the cold front or the fireworks shut the fish down, they wouldn't bite for nothing. With my head lamp I could see plenty of glowing eyes, just couldn't make it happen frown

Took the boat above the mill early evening stayed till 8pm or so.Crappies were biteing on the drop of a live minnow on a jig.The bite was better than I expected.I found them with out my fish finder,between 10'-20' deep.I have a new finder to be installed soon so I'm fishing with no eyes for awhile.Good bite tonight! full-45395-37369-imag0492.jpg

Nah,I don't keep fish much.These HSO guys got me thinking more now about selective harvest/catch and release and such.I love fish frys but I don't keep near as much as I did last yr.If I'm fishing right before lunch with a friend I may put a few pan fish in for lunch and put on a pot of good coffee.

tried down by that dam this afternoon for a little bit since i had some time there was a boat out in the middle again looked like they were catching bass... saw a few catfish on the high side of the dam but no one was hungry... there were a few people fishing thou it didn't look like anyone was catching anything thou... but what a great afternoon to be outside!

Right below the dam, Lately I found that 12am till 1am and 7-8 pm is good for crappies.All day sunfish,bass pretty much all day before 4:pm .Just my personal opinion for that section.

Nah,I don't keep fish much.These HSO guys got me thinking more now about selective harvest/catch and release and such.I love fish frys but I don't keep near as much as I did last yr.
. Jeremy, there is nothing wrong with keeping a few fis to fry up with the family. Yes, we do push the selective harvest/ c& r thing pretty hard, but we also like to hear that you had a few good meals of fish through out the year. Heck, I might even keep a few for a meal one of these next weekends myself smile

Out of the river? Not the Rick I know. Maybe in some pristine waters, that is where Rick keeps his fish.

No silly, not out of the river sick I have seen way too many funny things in the river to eat any fish out of there grin I was thinking Watab or Big BIrch wink

I fried some last weekend.I just don't keep them much anymore for my own purpose of training myself to not keep everything but with moderation I can fill my belly.I probeley should have worded it differently.Yikes!

Made it out for a few hours with LPCrowRiverFisheman today. Action was ok,but not as good as it's been the last few days. We did get quite the mix of smallies, rockies, crappies and walleyes. Here are the big ones for the eveningfull-26589-37425-006.jpg and not to be out done LP gets a nice onefull-26589-37426-008.jpg

full-42056-37441-image.jpg

Made it out last Saturday in the rain/wind. Spent more time battling the wind in a 14 foot boat than actually fishing. Found one calm spot and thats where i resorted to most of the day. Did manage to get this guy suspended over 20fow. Solid 12 inch. Seemed to me that fish are moving out to deeper water because all we caught shallow was small perch. Water temp was at 63 so I would imagine most lakes after this weekend the walleye bite will be on. Going to try to make it out to big birch on Saturday so will keep everyone posted.