• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

Who's this stick in the mud character? Shows carmike as most recent poster on this topic.

It's Carmike, just new and improved. smile

It's Carmike, just new and improved. smile

Please explain new name, there must be a good story behind it.

Agreed. Or is he trying to hide from someone? oooh, the mystery. LOL

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Well I hit Koronis for the first time this year for about 2 hours of evening trolling. Lots of small eyes, rock bass and a couple pike. Did end up catching a couple 15-18" eyes after jumping over to some wind beaten shoreline.

Water temps hanging around 55 degrees. It was good to hit a local lake again this spring.

Anyone been on Clearwater recently trying for some crappie? I thought about heading over to it tomorrow or Thursday, weather permitting.

It's more like Holy **** a picture of Rick! Nice fish all, wish I had some time to make it up and fish the area soon.

It's more like Holy **** a picture of Rick!

Lol, I don't think anybody wants to see my ugly mug with a tiny fish wink

There was a thread in Silly Town in which a fellow made the argument that life was so much simpler in the "olden days" because back then music was better. I pointed out the foolishness of that argument and was called a stick in the mud by The Omniscient One. I thought the moniker did a fair job of capturing my narrow-mindedness, work ethic, and general lack of initiative.

Plus, of all my suggested nickname changes, it's the only one that's been approved. My last attempt was "Bass Crack," but Rick was having none of that. smile

There was a thread in Silly Town in which a fellow made the argument that life was so much simpler in the "olden days" because back then music was better. I pointed out the foolishness of that argument and was called a stick in the mud by The Omniscient One. I thought the moniker did a fair job of capturing my narrow-mindedness, work ethic, and general lack of initiative.

Plus, of all my suggested nickname changes, it's the only one that's been approved. My last attempt was "Bass Crack," but Rick was having none of that. smile

If you are taking suggestions how about "hoofhearted"? That may seem to fit. I would have done it but I couldnt fit that on my license plate.

After meeting a fellow member here by chance at Fleet this afternoon, and finding out the panfish bite on the Chain stunk, we decided to focus the bulk of our attention on walleyes. Found some good numbers in the river section, tried jigging, got lots of small fish and a nicer one now and then. Tried rigging, got a few better fish, but the catfish wouldn't leave our bait alone. Ended up draging cranks around for a good chunk of the day, bigger baits=bigger fish today. Water temp was 61-63 in the river and on the lake.

Panfish bite was really good on the chain yesterday. They are moving back in the shallows. Got a lot of nice sunnies between .5 and .75 lb

Don

panfish have not moved in yet. Lots of cats, a few wallys, and a few bass. I expect them to move in in about 2 weeks about a month behind last year. The sunny I got away from the dock were full of eggs.

Don

The wife also caught a 5 lb large mouth off the dock and released it so it could spawn

After fishing Mille Lacs for the last 10 days, it was nice to get out last night to a little local lake for a little bass fishing. I didn't get much in the way of action--and less in the way of size--but it was a beautiful night and well worth the trip.

I think I ended up with 8 or so, with none of them being bigger than 16''.

yea rick was out river kanaus lake chain in cold spring want out bought few sucker fishing walleyes northern cat fish would not leave my bait alone caght 10 lb channal cat not happy with walleyes reselts rite now

has anyone been to the spunk lake in avon area i like to know the report bout those lakes

Fished on the west side of st cloud dam.Suckers and bass were very active.largest smally 16" and the suckers were small.I was near the wheel chair lady that's there almost there every day and her and her friends hit a lot of fish too.Also tried the beaver access and found some there too.

You met Marry and the guys smile they are nice enough people.

BTW, Jeremy, thank you for all that you do around here! Your help in keeping the St. Cloud forum active is appreciated wink keep up the good posts.

Did everything the same today except I got more Suckers than bass.Was it slow for you over there Rick?

I wasn't fishing, just talking with fellow river fisherman smile They got a few carp and bass while I was there, pretty slow from what I could tell.

Today I started in sartell after the parade was over.Caught some nice bass and a few small cats with twisters and crawlers behind a friend's house.The neighbor came out and is letting me use his river yard too..I notice every day the water level is getting lower so much that I am able to avoid a lot more tree interference.Then around 4:30 I thought I'd check st cloud area again.The bass seem to get bigger every visit but not in numbers so much.Sucker fish are feasting below the dam.A guy witnessed me losing a bass easily over 18"-20".Taking the hook out and flopped away and bye bye it went.lol

Thanks for your guidance push button and Rick I'm glad I got to fish near the areas you guys report about.I got to meet some really good people too down there.I bought a new rod and reel today for crappies and Sunnies.More for crappies.I'm hopeing by next weekend the river will be easier to fish for craps.I been hanging out in st cloud lately learning my way around the cloud dam area Im going to concentrate more north again in sartell unless the crappie reports are good in the cloud area.I'm excited to go night fishing again.I usually start around 7pm till 10pm.I usually go out night fishing 3-4 times a week.Got stocked up also on glow 16oz jigs and extra night bobbers I lose a few bobbers here and there.It might be still be early for high expectations for pan fish in the river but when the time is right the fish will bite.

Saw a youngster standing on the bridge over Watab creek in Sartell by the dam with a giant carp! If he caught that himself I am sure he will remember that story for years to come. It was a slob!!!

I was coming home from kid's baseball, with a crabby 4 year old otherwise I would have stopped and got an official report and story about the catch. :-)

CaptainMusky: You have to buy the young man/lady a DQ before you head home, great attitude adjuster laugh

CaptainMusky: You have to buy the young man/lady a DQ before you head home, great attitude adjuster laugh
Good Call. Thats why he was ticked because he saw the DQ and wanted one. :-)

Took the boat out his afternoon to a local frontage rd lake.Fished the shallow weeds but nothing Moved to area that was 30'ft,which is around the max depth in this lake and then the wind kinda drifted us slowly to a nice sunfish spot It was 8' deep .dropped the ancor and caught our limits of eaters.one crappie and a small mouth was mixed in there.The bite started around 3:30 and lasted a good hour.full-45395-34168-imag0265.jpg

Was above the dam here in town again this afternoon. Cats was what we were after, and they didn't disapoint. We were getting them pretty fast from about 1:30 untill the edge of the storm passed over, the wind switched directions and things became tough with in about a half hour. We were getting them on crawlers, fresh cut bullhead and chicken liver, after the storm had passed the only thing they would take was the liver.full-26589-34241-005.jpg

Here is a pic of my buddie Travis with the big fish of the day, a nice chunky 27in

full-42056-34248-image.jpg

Made it out to big birch Saturday morning and accidentally stumbled upon this pig. We ended up catching about a dozen of these big mamas on a lindy rig and a fathead. Would have been on heck of a bag limit if we were in a tourney cuz average fish was 4-5lbs i couldnt believe it. Also managed a few 12" crappies but no walleyes. A buddy of mine made it out after we left and in an hour he had 5 'eyes in the boat. Kinda made me upset but that's fishing haha. Any one else been out to birch lately?