• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

I use Permethrin Spray on my clothing for turkey hunting and it really works well for ticks. With all the deer ticks it's a good precaution.

Remember that it only is to be used on clothing.

Beaver has been open for a couple days now. It went from 85% ice cover to ice free in one day. Carnelian was open on Sunday night.

I use Permethrin Spray on my clothing for turkey hunting and it really works well for ticks. With all the deer ticks it's a good precaution.

Remember that it only is to be used on clothing.

I have also used permethrin, it was ok fpr my dedicated fishing gear but I don't like the idea of spraying it on my other clothing I wear in the field from time to time. I have found that a dog flea/tick collar kept in the pocket will keep most of them off. Just didn't have one with the other day wink

Beaver lake isn't to bad.Caught a couple norths,released them.didn't have luck with cats or carp.Glad I checked it out

Just little ones were caught off the dock.I'm guessing Between 3-5 feet of water depth

didn't have luck with cats or carp.

For carp it can be ok, there are some big ones in Beav, but I don't think there are any catfish in there.

If anyone here is looking for leeches sartell hardware is stocked

Made it out to the chain today, all I realy have to say is that those who stayed in the river were rewarded wink Kept telling people we were fishing for catfish grin

Jr. and hit up a small relatively protected 100 ish acre lake thinking some of the bajillion hammer handles in there might provide some decent action as well as stay out of the elements.....guess not.....only caught two in a little over two hours, and it was straight up nasty out there. We bailed out early and on the way home, even saw some small whitecaps on the river crazy To those that did not make it out............you did not miss much wink

Koronis was slow but did manage to get a couple of opener 'eyes! 18" and a 13" in about 6 FOW off of island two.. had to deal with the rollars on the way back to the launch but hey thats opener! Haha! Does anyone know if any fish were caught over by the 55 bridge where the river comes in? Sure a lot of lines in the water right in that area!

Does anyone know if any fish were caught over by the 55 bridge where the river comes in? Sure a lot of lines in the water right in that area!

Good to hear you got those first walleyes of the new season out of the way. Talked to quite a few folke today and even one that did fish the current areas of Koronis, he said they got a few and saw others catching fish as well, but it was not real great. That seems to be the story I have ben getting from everywhere.

Went river hoping today, hit a couple of the smaller ones and fished the big one for prime time.

Got a few fish on each river but had to work for them. Water is real high and moving fast on the Miss, pick a spot out of the main current with sand or gravel and you might find some walleyes wink

Yeah its always nice to kick off a season with a couple! But ok so the river gave a couple then at least! I figured someone had to get something with that many boats in that spot!

Caught a dozen keeper walleyes on a lake in the area and the weather was nasty on Saturday but well worth it!

Hmm,I only caught a little northern in a lake,6LB red horse with my daughter in sartell and a 16" smally in sartell.Three fish on opening weekend.I need to learn how to fish for walleye.Maybe get some coaching in walleye and such .Lol Any volunteers?

I'll be happy to share a seat with you up at Mille Lacs if you want to release almost all of the fish you catch. That invite goes to all of you, for what it's worth. As long as you chip in for gas now that it's almost $4 a gallon. wink

If do you fish with Camike on Mille Lacs, keep in mind he thinks 4 ft rollers are a light chop grinwink

Made it out tonight after work.... in a car down by the river. The 12 inchers were on fire with a very tentative bite from anything much bigger. Got one around 15/16 and lost some other nice ones....just was hard to get a good hook set when working the plastics at a clip fast enough to stay out of the rocks. Thought I had PB on for awhile, but then saw the round tail.....also had a first.....a sucker smacked a twister tail.

Lol, we almost had the same report, saves me time posting grin . Makes me wonder if we weren't fishing close to each other wink

If do you fish with Camike on Mille Lacs, keep in mind he thinks 4 ft rollers are a light chop grinwink

That was when I was young and foolhardy. I'm much wiser now. smile

The Horseshoe chain was a brutal bite on opener...I only witnessed maybe 1-2 Walleyes caught total! most fishermen I asked said they got nothing...Combination of cold front + Walleye spawn = no bites

How many will they let you keep Carmike?

You get two between 18 and 20. You could also have my two if you wanted them. Mille Lacs is not the place to go if you're looking for a meal. It does have lots of big fish, though.

Maybe if I don't catch any walleye any time soon, I'll hit one of these fish frys they Allways advertise about in the area or just go to the recipe forum and scroll around.The pictures of food on there are mouth watering.

Go down to the river! Not saying they will be big, but will be relatively plentiful for a little while. Find a decent current break and the little back eddy that will form on the downstream side of it, and work as close to the bottom as you can......right in that seam between the fast and slow current. Minnows will work best, but plenty of action will be had with plastics with a lot less hassle. You can even bobber up and actually see the back flow that I am talking about. Just make adjustments for depth and pattern the cast to where the float stays in the back current closest to the main flow.

Go down to the river! Not saying they will be big, but will be relatively plentiful for a little while. Find a decent current break and the little back eddy that will form on the downstream side of it, and work as close to the bottom as you can......right in that seam between the fast and slow current. Minnows will work best, but plenty of action will be had with plastics with a lot less hassle. You can even bobber up and actually see the back flow that I am talking about. Just make adjustments for depth and pattern the cast to where the float stays in the back current closest to the main flow.

Do as this man says, it is rock solid advice right now wink Size isn't huge in St. Cloud or Sartell but gets better at Blanchard.

Well had a busy night last night, but decided to pull my boat along with me as I hopped from the different activities I had going on, then hit the lake for an hr at primetime to dink around for a night cap. Nothing to write home to ma about, but definitely a fun night. Was even able to get my buddy in the boat with me for the first time of the season since he was on the way. Here a couple pictures of our catch.

Surface temp was 54.5 degrees, we were using stick baits.

Pig Bass

full-27394-33176-bass5_15_13.jpg

Walleye for the pan

full-27394-33177-walleye5_15_13.jpg

***PS I apologize for such large pictures (taking up the thread), taken by phone not sure how to downsize

Nice fish, that bass looks to be pre spawn yet, she's pretty fat smile

Made it out to the Briggs chain for a few hours this afternoon, water temp was 1i the low-mid 60s in the bays. Found lots of fish, but size wasn't the best, would to realy have had to pick through them if I wanted a meal.

Went down to the dam here in town for prime time tonight. Water level has droped quite a bit in the couple days since I have been here. Walleye bite has slacked off some, but you will still do well if you find the right spot. If you find the wrong spot you will hit smallies, they seem to be getting active now that the water is warming up.

I hope a few areas I havnt tried in sartell will produce some fish.I went for a morning walk before work and found some interesting places I wouldn't of seen in my truck from the road.Maybe the rain will help me tomorrow.

The Western lakes of the Horseshoe chain was the destination for today. Action has greatly improved from last weekend wink Found a couple bays that held panfish, sat in one for almost 4 hrs catching big gills and a few crappies one after another. Prime time we moved into the river, didn't catch a thing for the first hour, but the next hour was pretty darn good once we figured out where the walleyes were. Pitching 1/8oz jigs tiped with a fathead to the shoreline is what seemed to work best for me tonight.

Cool! I tried the crappies in the river but it was around 1pm .Probeley a bit early in the day.Should I bobber it with a small jig and minnow?The part of the river has very little current and its known for crappies.Just looking for ideas for a setup.Il trade you painting advice for fishing advice.lol