• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

I was in that neck of the woods whackin' the suckas yesterday. Still no kitties, though. frown

I'll get in touch soon. I'm pretty swamped at work at the moment, but soon I'll be free!!! smile

Went over to the kitty den in sartell and the spot where I was standing from shore is inaccessible.The water climbed a couple of feet and I'm unable to fish that hole by shore fishing.Made a couple of casts in another part of the river and only caught one.

Is it me, or does "The Kitty Den" sound like a strip club?!? smile

Is it me, or does "The Kitty Den" sound like a strip club?!? smile

Yes, it sure does grin might have to google "the kitty den" just to see what comes up.

Lol,looked it up.There's no strip club.There's also no Brown sucker fish either.

(Sigh) Tough crowd. smile

And anyways, I don't remember there being any official strip clubs in Sartell. I'm just glad Jeremy didn't discover a new place where some of the folks in Country Manor were looking for ways to supplement their Social Security checks.

I'm guessing this might be an ok place to ask if anyone knows a campground near coldspring that is off of a lake with row boats.I found it last yr by accident and I can't remember the name or where it was

That will help me narrow it down there's a lot of campgrounds around.Well the kitty den is really out of reach now.I will find a new place in sartell for catfish while I wait for the the other fish to move in.Went garage saleing after work and most of the fishing stuff was gone when I got there and then I stopped at a little one and I was going to get my wife a nicnac and discovered a aqua view under water cam on the table and tested it out.It's not colored but has nightvision and lots of cord .20 bucks.works perfectly.Never used a underwater camera before.It will be fun seeing the fish swimming around.

Jeremy the question still remains however.....did you get your wife the nic knack? Good deal on the aqua view

I ended up getting her a book.She is on the second chapter already.

I was out fishing the Clearwater River today. What I was fishing for and what I was catching was two separate things. I caught nothing I was looking for by the park in Clearwater, but rather a few little pike on just a plain hook that was about 16 inches off the bottom. Just wondering if that's normal by that little dam, or just a fluke thing. Just moved from Brainerd Area down to St. Cloud, so adjusting to the "norms" around here.

MedicDan, right below the dam in the park you will get plenty of those little pike right now, they are up there to spawn. Move a bit further down river, closer to where it dumps into the Misissippi. There are a few brush piles thar were cut bu the City, fish just down from them and you will find what your looking for wink

Hey now Rick....don't be giving out all these "secret spots" .....Lol. Speaking of "secret spots", Jr. and I hooked up some out of town guests this evening, and since the in-laws/family live a few miles from the infamous bridge in Rice, we joined the madness. At first set up on lakeside and got a few suckers, but when the kids got bored, moseyed on over to the other side to entertain them with the 7 inch fish so coveted by many. In true Little Rock fashion, I took a bass pro hook set bobber to the head, tons of untangling of lines, and talked to/chuckled with the poor sheriff who apparently made is 4th trip of the day out there, to inform people they can't park over the white line.....seriously though, it was fun for the kids and is an event everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime grin

Yeah there should be a law against that many rednecks in one place.

Hey now Rick....don't be giving out all these "secret spots" .....Lol. Speaking of "secret spots", Jr. and I hooked up some out of town guests this evening, and since the in-laws/family live a few miles from the infamous bridge in Rice, we joined the madness. At first set up on lakeside and got a few suckers, but when the kids got bored, moseyed on over to the other side to entertain them with the 7 inch fish so coveted by many. In true Little Rock fashion, I took a bass pro hook set bobber to the head, tons of untangling of lines, and talked to/chuckled with the poor sheriff who apparently made is 4th trip of the day out there, to inform people they can't park over the white line.....seriously though, it was fun for the kids and is an event everyone should experience at least once in their lifetime grin

Always a fun crazy time at the bridge. The theme music from the Benny Hill show should be playing on a loud speaker at all time down there grin

Tried for suckers and cats but nothing bit.Trying some new places along the Mississippi.Check out this mornings paper you will find me on pg 14a on the bottom part

That's just an ad for this Jeremy Campbell guys painting buisness grin I thought it was something fishing related.

Went to a little lake this morning and got about 30 crappies in 2 hours. most where in the 8inch range but got a few 12 inchers. It should only get better as the water warms.

I took a drive this afternoon and pleasant was open with some boats out. Went down to Grand and there was still quite a bit of ice but should be gone by the weekend I'd guess. Still deciding on my Sunday opener, just happy to see open water!!

Always a fun crazy time at the bridge. The theme music from the Benny Hill show should be playing on a loud speaker at all time down there grin

Made it down to the river for a few hours arter work today. Suckers are in full swing grin about a 50/50 mix of red and white. Not much for carp hapining yet, water is still just a little cold yet. Ran in to a whole herd of small mouth buffalo grin they are one of my favorite rough fish, for their size they fight almost as good as a sheephead.

Something else was biting in full force too today, woodticks eek they must be making up for lost time, I swear I was getting 2-3 ticks for every fish I caught. They were so bad that I was missing fish because I was picking them off me. Even now, as I type this, I still feel them crawling on me mad even know I just got out of the shower, and my garments and shoes I wore are not in the house, I still feel them. eek

Seems like the wood ticks are on the st cloud part of the Mississippi more than sartell..I got a job in st Augusta on thursday and Friday I was planning on going to Beaver lake over there off of beaver lake road.Anyone been out that way lately ?

I'm guessin' you are talking about Beaver off 15? If so the ice is off and I would guess the small gills and smedium crappies have started. One of the first places you will find the is in front of the old resort cabins.

I'm guessin' you are talking about Beaver off 15? If so the ice is off and I would guess the small gills and smedium crappies have started. One of the first places you will find the is in front of the old resort cabins.

Small gills? Surely, you jest! smile

Seems like the wood ticks are on the st cloud part of the Mississippi more than sartell.

That's because all those yuppies in Sartell taste funny. smile

Small gills? Surely, you jest! smile

Wasn't always that way, before the DNR put a public access in that little lake had some of the better average sized fish in this area.