• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

St Cloud Fishing Reports

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

On the way home from ice fishing saw a couple kids by Blanchard damn on there bikes loaded with long rods. River fishing definitely  has started.  By the way Jeremy nice to see you back :)

• Thumbs Up 2

Way to go Royce!!

Some good fish right there.

You put on some weight there buddy?:grin:

• Thumbs Up 3

Jeremy, Geneofish..... Great to see you guys back posting.....we missed you two:)   Now, if we can just get a few others back....and a bunch of new members posting, we will be in good shape once again:)

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders

wont be long it will be time for some smoked deviled eggs by the river. :):)    and maybe even catch a sucker or 2. 

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, eyeguy 54 said:

:):)    and maybe even catch a sucker or 2. 

Or 10 ;)

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, eyeguy 54 said:

wont be long it will be time for some smoked deviled eggs by the river. :):)    and maybe even catch a sucker or 2. 

Good thing you mentioned this...Anyone up for another Unofficial FM Get-together?  Won't be long now. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

for sure we will have one Carl. :) 

• Thumbs Up 2

We just gotta watch out for that shirtless guy with the beer backpack.  If we can avoid him, I think we'll be good.

• Thumbs Up 1

rick has a beer backpack??

5 hours ago, Stick in Mud said:

We just gotta watch out for that shirtless guy with the beer backpack.  If we can avoid him, I think we'll be good.

His river....his spot.....why are all you fools down here at my " secret" spot:)

• Thumbs Up 3

• 2 weeks later...

hello everyone. i dont typically fish the st.cloud area, but last year ive been invited to a 'fish camp' in the fall and this spring for opener im headed back up to the horse shoe chain for walleyes and crappies 'fish camp'

last year me and a guy limited out in about an hour for crappies, and that triggered my crappie craze as of lately. but just figured i would pop in here and maybe pick up on the latest and greatest as far as the horse shoe chain goes.

Welcome Willie. The Horsehoe chain IMO is the best multi fishery in the state. There is so much water and different lakes its hard not to find a bite out there somewhere. Ill be out on the chain opener also its always a good one and the way its setting up it will be lights out.

• Thumbs Up 1

thank you. last year was my first time on it, it kind of blew me away on the crazy body of water it is. the couple of bays i remember, they were extremely deep (deeper then im used to at my cabin, deepest hole of about 20') 

last year when i went up there for my first time, a cold snap had moved in like a day or 2 before hand and kind of turned the fish off. i forget what bay it was, but we were in about 25 FOW and the crappies were moving up to my jig at about 12 FOW, i felt like a little kid catching perfect eater slabs. and since that weekend, i have been hot on the crappie trail, thanks to catching nice crappies from the horse shoe chain.

• Thumbs Up 2

Welcome to the Chain, Willie. Like IceHawk said, one of best multi species systems in the state.... Lots of water, tons of fishing spots and some darn nice fish.  I too will be out there for the opener:)  panfish durring the day and walleyes in the evening.

Sweet Rick we can compare notes and possibly figure out a good pattern. Might be a mini FM get together if we get a few more out there :)

Thank you! i hope we get into some good fishing and good weather by then. hoping to find out some good info on crappie presentations by then. im sure the water has to warm up a bit yet before the crappies start going.

When does the panfishing start to heat up out there in the spring? It's going to be about 3-4 weeks before I can get my boat back from Miller Marine, and then I plan on trying that lake many times this summer for panfish and bass.

Am I going to miss that early-spring panfish bite?

Edited by BeaverIslander

good job guys. looks like fun. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Nice job guys looks like a good time !

• Thumbs Up 2

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Good to get some long rod action.  Nice job!

• Thumbs Up 2

52 minutes ago, Rick G said:

Made it out today with Tommy. Had a tough time finding nightcrawlers...and warm water. Ended up fishing a smaller river close to town, suckers are just starting to run. All white suckers except fot the beautiful redhore Tom caught. Felt pretty good to have the long rod back in hand again:)

They bit even better after you left!

• Thumbs Up 1