• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Joe

Minnesota River Fishing Report

LukasH

yeah those were from the past couple weeks. Been catching all of our fish in the same spot little ways up river. We tried it the other night and the water was way up. Caught 27, 22, and a 10. Couple 3 lbers but nothing huge.

JeremyCampbell

Alagnak, good deal you got me on that.I didn't even look where they were standing crazy

CarpinMNRiver

River is high, fast and muddy. I wouldn't even waste your time.

SalmonSlayer

What do you put the odds at for it being fishable by Friday night?

CarpinMNRiver

I wouldn't even waste your time. It needs a solid week and even after that it has been terrible. I would go to the Crow River by Dayton. Hot bite right now.

Alagnak

"I think this is his way of trying to keep others out of this area. this area is actually nice there is a camp ground right in Shakopee that has tent camps sites right on the river. A lot of people that stay there will bring there boat and put in at the access by the 101 bridge and head down river to the campground and tie off by there camp site. I have been on this section and unless something has changed since I was last there, I wouldn't call it dangerous. It can get interesting in the spring when parts of big trees come floating down but by now things should be settled down. you might get the occasional floater every now and then but that can happen on any section of any river. just keep a eye out for things floating down river and you will be fine."

DTro

I should have taken a few pictures of the multiple 50ft cottonwoods barreling downstream last night...

JackPineGuy

flood stage wooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

tj417

Amazing amount of debris coming down the river right now. Full sized trees and other wood all over the place.

akoonjb

What part of the river?

PurpleFloyd

Its out of the banks between Kato and St

Pete.

Scott K

What part of the river?

Well I know there is all over my area

akoonjb

anybody been down by carver lately? I was there 2 weeks ago and the water was in the boat launch parking lot in shakoppee off of 41. thinking of goin friday. has any one checked the levels?

LukasH

Haven't been out in awhile! Probably going to try tonight and ill let ya know how I do, heading out of the mankato area

JackPineGuy

Shes dropin fast. the bit will be done soon, carver area is usually better when the water is way up in the lot tho.... fished today and it was pop pop pop pop pop for 5 cast. 5 nice slobs 1 of which was a sauger. nothin for the next hour, so i was outski. only kept 2 fish cuz they were all over 20 minus the sauger which was about 18.

Da Biggin

Looking to do some shore fishing on the river tonight after work. I live in St. Paul and was thinking about fishing by the Ford Dam. Is this a good idea? I'm not looking to keep anything just to get away for a little while but wanted to go somewhere worthwhile.

Can you suggest any baits/set-ups that would work? Any information would help really as I have very little experience fishing the river.

Heck! While Im at it... If anyone would like to come with me please do! PM if you'd like or email me directly. [email protected]

Thanks in advance for all of your help. Good fishing!

masoct3

Are you close enough to walk there, or do you drive there? Where can someone park around Hidden Falls since it closes at 10pm?

Thannk you!

clayton08

Hit the river this evening had 5 swing and misses and landed 3 biggest was 29by18. Ended up running out of bullheads before dark so kinda sucked had action right away was a blast. full-29588-35180-1073115_102007225518443

full-29588-35181-1073917_102007225125633

Gordie

We got four flats and four channels last night. The biggest flat was 35x22 and she was really beat up These fish were caught in 20 plus fow on creek chubs. The channels were 28.5,30,31 and a 30 inch class fish boat side released.

Caught them on cut bait and found them on the inside current seams 6-10 fow.

full-15313-35188-024_copy.jpg

full-15313-35189-023_copy.jpg

clayton08

Nice job Gordie. I got the fever Ill be hitting her up again this evening.

dan z

2 runs last night fished outside bends

15-22' water was a balmy 82°

Wishing i had a a chub spot, bullies arnt doing it for me.

BrandonN

How do you get into the King of the cats contest?

TruthWalleyes

Google search KOTC.

Read the rules, anyone can join. Good luck.

NKLCOLT1911

went out friday other than the brief rain it was a perfect night for fishing, all i managed was a couple med sized channels on some cut drum, bait chucked right out in the middle of the river and let the current settle it in, boat mate also caught a small mouth buffalo that was trying to hit a live bully.