• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Minnesota River Fishing Report

was out tonight again in shakopee, got out about 10:15, about 12:15am rolled in a decent flathead.. nice to hit a little excitment from the shore!

56531178584540645110907.jpg

nice flat jeff.. i'm located in waconia and am always up for another person to fish with, i catch plenty of bullies from the crow all the time.. drop me a message.

Nice fish, we were out from 7pm-1am last night and didnt even get a good strike. We went up river from Jordan and tried everything.

was that you and a buddy that walked over the Ferry bridge? If so I was the guy fishing under the bridge not catching anything!

My buddy and I were setup just off the walking bridge in shakopee from about 10-2:30am. that fish came in about 12:15. catman, i'll message ya next time were headed out. I got lucky and sent my son to grandmas for the weekend, so what better way to spend the evening lol

Hey man, congrats on the big cat. Catching one of those makes all that sitting worth it......

Was out last night, just fishing a few jams north of the Blackdog access. Three of us fished from 7:30-11, and we got one run towards the end, just something small though, didn't get it to the boat. Talked to Bob (Moore) who was fishing the same area at the same time, and they didn't even get a bite, must be slow out there.

Hey guys just as a heads up I wouldn't fish the black dog area for the next week or so as they will be dredging that stretch in the next couple days

Does that just cause the fish to scatter, or is it more of an issue for trying to fish while they're dredging it?

From past experiences BOTH. They do scatter away as the dredger is taring up their homes, and if you fish while good luck keeping your bait in one spot.

The fish might scatter a bit. They will still be attracted around the flows when the dredging activity stops if they aren't going 24/7

gonna be out in shakopee tonight from about 10:30-2 if any of you shore liners wanna come drop a line. probably be on the access side near the walking bridge. day off tomorrow means night out tonight.

How does one find out the dredging schedule?

My old lady's uncle works for fish and game so I always learn when and where they will be out

got nothing outta shakopee last night. seemed quiet from those i talked to as well.

i think belle plaine catfishing contest is coming up, anyone got room for 1 in there boat by chance? id be more than happy to help with bait and im a quiet sob so ull have that goin for ya.. i hear its a zoo out there as well, maybe the shores a better bet lol well lemme know!

Where did you try in shakopee, i was under the bloomington ferry bridge, drum and tiny channels were biting but that was it.

I was under the walking bridge in shakopee. only a few blocks from my house, so it works good.

Headed out tonight with my buddy Jeff (ogrejce) from the Jordan access. Hit a few snags long the way. Lots of stuff has started showing that I didn't see a couple weeks ago. So watch out! Lots of people out tonight fishing as well. Access was pretty well full and lots of people camping and fishing along the shore.

Had a couple hits, unsure what they were but Jeff ended up getting a nice smaller flat head on some cut bait and it put up a nice fight. Other than that the river claimed lots of my hooks. I did figure out a good way to tie up my weight so when I do snag I just end up loosing a hook and swivel and not the weight! Stupid Snags!

5809_587483922342_199101806_34338049_412

good thinkin, im assuming you were fishin from the boat?.. always sucks more when u lose the weight as well.. I got a buddy who molds his own river weights and does a really good job.

Thanks for putting the fish up, I think I had too many celebration beers back at the house, I didn't want to get up this morning. It was a good time and I finally got that first flathead.

Spent a few hours out with a few buddies last night and we only ended up landing 1 fish, but 1 fish is all it takes in the sport of catfishing. Bit on a big chunk of creek chub cut bait.

catfish3.jpg

Whoa nelly! Nice fish! Looks like hungry again! Wahoo, I'm going out later today to test the waters!

very nice fish! gonna probably head down in shakopee one night this week. anyone up for it?

very nice fish, fished franklin derby days this weekend ended up with 5 small flaties 9-13 all wknd, 49.5 ended up taking first.