• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Detroit Lakes-Pelican Rapids Fishing Reports - Lake Conditions

Check this big pig I caught last night... biggest one of the summer for me. Just shy of 11"

full-38633-22264-2012_07_15_21_03_05_588

Thanks guys!! Not sure what the pumpkinseed was crossed with, but it was a beast! First time on that lake this summer, may try a different lake tonight! One I've never fished, but heard there was some beasts on it!

We went to a lake the other evening neither of us had fished before in the DL area in search of Crappies. Once we found them the bite was on! Caught our limit and released many more; I can find them but Joe always catches the bigger fish!

full-39626-22390-crappiesa.jpg

full-39626-22392-carppiesb.jpg

Hey nice job buddy!!!!

Here a couple pics of the kids last night with some dandy 'Gills!!

full-11084-22402-jewelbluegill2(1024x768

full-11084-22403-jewelbluegilljimmy(768x

• 2 weeks later...

Got out finally again this weekend. Went to Lida Saturday morning and the out trusty outboard wouldn't start. Got it running by pull starting and just trolled cranks all morning, since I didn't have faith in getting it restarted. Got a couple of northerns and two walleyes. I don't know what is going on, but had another boat pull in front of me on a small hump and throw a marker and park his butt in the middle of my trolling run. I know I don't own the water, but I would think of doing that to someone else. Motor issue turned out to be a bad battery. Went to Big Cormorant Sunday with the folks. Got half dozen walleyes and a bunch of smallmouth. Gotta say, I'm impressed with the size of the smallies. I haven't gotten into that before on Big C. I think we would have qualified for North Dakota's Whopper Club twice (over 3lbs). Both crawlers and leeches got fish.

Great report Cicada, those smallies sound fun!

I went out on Snider with my brothers on Friday night, mostly just to drag some jigs around some of the humps and deep weedlines. We ended up catching some decent pike, and a couple decent bass. This one was pulled up out of 16 fow, right on the edge of a deep cabbage bed.

full-11084-22753-img_3331(683x1024).jpg

Went out with little dude last night. First trip in about 3 weeks. Little sunnies, a few crappies, a few bass. Nothing to exciting but fun to know the boat still floats. The lake I was on had dropped about a foot in the last month. I put a small ding in my prop on a sandbar that I have gone over a zillion times with no issue in the past. No biggy just a good reminder to be carefull running around the lakes. Also interesting that I was the only boat out there. Kind of wierd as it is a popular local lake.

I don't know what is going on, but had another boat pull in front of me on a small hump and throw a marker and park his butt in the middle of my trolling run.

Something like this happened to me on Big Pine this past weekend. I was pulling spinners on bottom bouncers and this guy comes roaring past me, gets in front of me and drops his line in the water and starts doing the same. Big Pine is a big lake with plenty of structure - there is no need to act like this on the water.

Isn't that just sickening??? Well that's just part of fishing in these waters, I'm glad that there isn't too much to complain about while we are fishing smile

MN jay how have you ben doing on Big lately? been on a little hiatus from fishing past 3-4 weeks. PM me if you dont want to post on the forum. Thanks

Got out to Big C yesterday before the We-Infesters got rolling. Unbelievable morning to be out. Got four walleyes, four smallmouth,a northern, and a few bluegills. Started out fishing with leeches and lindy rigs, but trolling motor battery died on me. (I'm seeing a recurring theme) Trolled cranks for the last 2.5 hours. Two of the walleyes came on cranks. Caught last fish just before noon and stayed out until 2"00 or so. The water was still a little murky from the storms that rolled through the other day. The only punk fish in the group was the northern. Little guy with a big appetite.

Oh, and the battery problem, my bad. I have a "automatic" charger and I left it on too long. Boiled down the water in the thing. I filled her back up and watched the charger, so I think I'm good now.

only one word to describe that fish-----------------WOW!!!

Congrats Jim,nice work!!!!!!!!!

Went out with a friend to a lake he has been having luck on, and we contiued that lucky streak lol. Caught plenty of walleyes in the 13 to 16" range

full-11084-23399-0817195430.jpg

Went and fished all weekend long, lol.. It was one of those great weekends. Did really well on the walleyes friday and saturday night. and got into some big ol bluegills yesterday. Truely was an awesome weekend. Here is my beautiful girlfriend with a decent little walleye, and my buddy that caught a decent one.

full-11084-23474-img_3420(683x1024).jpg

full-11084-23475-img_3425(1024x683).jpg

And Chad Peterson and I with a couple of pig Gills from yesterday

full-11084-23477-img_3540(1024x683).jpg

Jim,

Two things are very clear to me: 1) your gal is WAAAAAYYYYY better lookin' than you are, and 2) you've got a good thing going right now as far as fish are concerned! Keep up the great work in both departments! wink

Fishing has been nothing less than great as of late, I believe the pike are starting to feel the water temp cool a little and they are putting on the feedbag as of late.

start to look towards the thicker weeds to pull out any daytime pannies!

I'll be trying out some crappie action out here in the next couple of days. See if I can find a Hot Spot somewhere out there in the area!

My son and I buzzed out to a local panny hole for a few hours saturday afternoon. The crappies and sunnies were still going nuts. Lots of good eaters in both. Anchored up and tossing/reeling jigs/twister tails along a midlake weedbed. No other bopat within 1/2 mile of us. Pretty fun.

Met Jim Uran out at a small Lake N of DL one evening last week and hunted down some crappies. Jim "banned" live bait from the boat which is tough for me as I am a minnow guy. We used Northland plastics exclusively and all was good...........we caught plenty and Jim proved me wrong!

full-39626-24038-crapps3.jpg

full-39626-24039-crapps2.jpg

full-39626-24040-crapps1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Hit Big Sand by Park Rapids on Saturday, chasing a rumor. Caught everything except a walleye. Did have one really big fish hit the 8 inch largemouth I was fighting, but never saw it. Couldn't make any progress getting it close to the boat. Sunday, hit Lida. The walleyes were hungry. Caught nine. Two under the slot, a 15.5 inch and a 10 inch. Fished lindy rigs with nightcrawlers until I ran out of them. Did miss quite a few bites and lost one about 4lbs close to the boat. Mostly, 26-30 feet of water.