• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 Detroit Lakes-Pelican Rapids Fishing Reports - Lake Conditions

The guys that are fishing for crappies are doing very well. Some guys are tossing small jigs/minnows and some guys are bobber fishing.

Thanks for the help guys! Did you do any good walleye fishing Riverfish???

Not the best, we caught half a dozen or so. The northerns were thick.

We fished jigs and rigs.

Fished an area lake last weekend and timed the rain perfectly. Between two of us we took home 17 crappies in a couple of hours. All were nine to ten inch fish. We found brush piles or logs next to shore and tossed crappie minnows a couple feet under a slip bobber on ice fishing jigs. If a fish didnt hit in fifteen seconds it was time to cast again. I understand they are black crappies but these were amazingly dark. The big females have yet to come in so Im thinking the males were merely staging.

I will be staying on big sugarbush north east of DL. That is where we will go after crappie anyone ever do any good on that lake? The spawn is on up there or is it over??? coming saturday night cant wait to FISH!!!

TIGHT LINES

Took my 6 year old son (Jack) out monday afternoon for a few hours. Bobbed around in the wind but did pretty well. We quit after 3 hours we were out of bait (2 dozen leeches, 3 dozen crawlers) we caught a bunch of sunnies, kept 10 nice 8-9 inchers, kept 4 good eater walleys, 1 2lb bass, and caught about 15 snakes that we tossed back. Pretty fun. Jack was doing pretty good just hanging a jig with meat on it. We missed plenty of bites but had a blast.

Fished an area lake last weekend and timed the rain perfectly. Between two of us we took home 17 crappies in a couple of hours. All were nine to ten inch fish. We found brush piles or logs next to shore and tossed crappie minnows a couple feet under a slip bobber on ice fishing jigs. If a fish didnt hit in fifteen seconds it was time to cast again. I understand they are black crappies but these were amazingly dark. The big females have yet to come in so Im thinking the males were merely staging.

great post SJMeyers32...when we going out fishin!

Took the folks fishing on Lizzie Saturday afternoon. They took home five northerns (Mom got the biggest at 7lbs), two walleyes (Dad caught both and two big crappies. They wouldn't let me count rock bass, so I got outfished by both of them. I think they've lost all respect for me as a fisherman.

Spent a few days or a few hours of the day the last few days farting around and catching everything from crappies to bass to northerns to walleyes. Fishing around the cabbage with lindy's and jigs tipped with leeches or rainbows have been catching everything!!

I've got a few pics from the last couple weeks Ill get posted and attached soon.

Keep the reports coming!!

My brother's restaraunt is closed Monday, so it's his only day to fish. Took him out to Lida last night. I got three rock bass and one walleye, he got eight beers. I think he had a better night.

Fished Cormorant area lakes last weekend and the walleye action was incredible. Fish were biting so well I forgot it was muskie opener. I was using fireball jigs and jumbo leeches in 20 FOW and picked up ten fish, four in the 23-24 inch range, they went back. I was fishing a gravel/mud transition with a slight hump. From what I heard from my fishing buddies everyone had the same results. Water temps were 65 on the surface. I tried fishing Big Cormorant on Saturday but couldn't find them, at least I got my invasive species sticker for showing up there..........

Nice report, sounds like a heck of a day on the water! I'll be a busy dude this weekend so I got my fishing in last night, and hopefully tonight. I fished a small lake off the beaten path that has some decent crappies in it and found a few in 11 fow, the tips of the cabbage were already breaking the surface! We just anchored out from the edge and casted in with slip floats, and threw jigs around also. Most of the fish came on the float and a minnow!

The northerns and bass were on a tear on Snyder lake on Monday in the heat, taking cover in the emerging cabbage beds and some of the smaller bass were up by the pencil reeds, I had a 3 lb nothern up to the boat and saw a a super pig northern that probably went 10+ come up to the boat behind the little guy. Almost crapped my pants, lol!!! We casted around for him for a while but the heat got to us so we just dove off the boat and went swimming.

Tonight I want to go out to Strawberry and give the walleyes a go!

Fished N Lida a couple times this past week. Did OK w/ most fish coming out of 18-25' water using 1/4 oz jigs tipped w/ shiners or fatheads. Was out Saturday and most people seemed to be lindy rigging either minnows or leeches and saw a number of fish being caught. Fish coming off points or mid lake structure, 15-30' breaks. Guess I better learn to lindy rig, it's just so much fun with a jig and minnow!

Had an outstanding fishing weekend. Took a co-worker out Saturday and it wasn't fast and furious, but took home five really nice walleyes, four northerns in the three to four pound range, and a few panfish. Redtails, and leeches did the trick. Sunday a classmate from high school came up and we fished for largemouth. We caught thirty of them with several in the five pound range. Also caught three or four northerns for every bass and a couple were a little over seven pounds. Everything came on buzzbaits. Since we didn't bring raingear along, we quit and decided to try smallmouth. Hit the second lake of the day and caught 33 smallies and a dozen rock bass. All on spinnerbaits. We figured we had caught over 180 fish on Sunday.

2011_06120006.jpg

19.5 inches, had about a six inch bullhead in its gullet, tail sticking out of its mouth.

2011_06120008.jpg

Wasn't the only thig it had eaten lately.

Dang that's a lot of fish! Quite the belly on that thing. By the way, I'm pretty sure I see you out on lida every so often..

As mama was putting the kids to bed last night I just had to go fishing. Nice cloud cover, walleye chop and fronts on the way. Fished from 7:50 til 9:30. Linding rigging a crawler on a gum drop floater in 14-16' along a weedy dropp-off I caught 11 bass, 2 sunnies(1-9.5") and 2 nice eyes (a 19.5" and a 24"). plus I missed quite a few bites. Put then all back and went home to big bowl of ice-cream. Life is good!

Great reports Cicada and Paceman!!! I went out last night with my brother, he likes to cast around the cabbage and the weedlines so that's what we did. I tossed spinnerbaits and rattling raps around the weeds, he stuck with a spinnerbait and a big spoon! We caught a ton of northerns and probably 15-20 bass!

Nothing to huge but it was fun, the biggest northern was probably 4lbs and the biggest bass was 3lbs or so! It was a great time out though.

hey leechbait, word around town is that you're the crappie king??? If so, show me how to catch a few slabs! grin

He is the crappie King, took over the position from Fisherdog when he moved to Florida. He'll teach you a thing or two about crappies.

Ah come on now Eyehunter wink I had that position while Pete was living around here anyways lol jk!! Thanks for the comments though my fellow anglers! I am slacking bad though this year! I haven't been chasing them too much, I plan on getting out this weekend for some crappies barring any unsightly weather. I love June, crappies near the weeds, and everything else mixed in.

Should have some vids and pics coming soon.

Lengby Princess, I need a camera person, are you able to help?

Nice, Leechbait, new memeber with only eight posts and you want her to run a camera? smile

Ahhh she is my girlfriend. Don't sweat it!! We went out tonight from shore and caught a couple rockbass and a snotrocket!

I'll be in MN for a couple weeks to take back the throne temporarily. I'll be in DL from July 4-8 so I'm expecting to get out with some of you for some slabs, then I have a week at Leech lake to clobber the big slabs.

I shorefished near lake park today, and all 5 gills I caught still had eggs!! There stomachs were like golfballs. Shouldnt they have dropped there eggs by now? Hopefully they do soon, and then bite like mad in another week or so. Took me quite a while to catch the 5 i caught.