• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions

blackdog - have you heard if they are catching any walleyes? Do you know how deep they are fishing? There's some nice rock humps out there that have never produced for me! Seems they live at the weedline. Typical rearing pond 'eyes - they like the weeds!

I'll be on the east end of the lake during the mid-week but may move to Cooks to be closer to home for the weekend.

Was out in that group of houses last week during the cold snap, didn't catch or see aything on the vex but did pull up the large fat head to find it bit in half. I was looking at a hump in the middle of cooks the goes from 14 to 27ft. Would that be a place to find either crappie or walters?

I live on Three Points, and have fished Halsteds a few times, but never got anything other than 4" perch. It seems like a bay that should produce, but I've never found them there. I know there's a few perms out on the 30' hole, so I assume someone is catching something. Maybe I need to be more persistent and try again.

Been out out to waconia the last couple days hoping to find some 'eyes. Set up in 14-16 fow of a weed line, had a few hits on shiners and lost another right at the top of the hole and saw a few more on the camera. Know they are there just got to get 'em in the house. Also caught some nice 8-9inch perch out there too, although you do have to do a lot of sorting.

I was looking at a hump in the middle of cooks the goes from 14 to 27ft. Would that be a place to find either crappie or walters?

That's the hump (actually, there are 3-4 out there) that have always left me fishless.

Anyone been on the main lake Browns, Smiths have an ice report. Haven't been out much and don't know how much ice is out there.

The Sportsman's Access people are referring to is on Prior Lake rather than Minntonka. I was on Carson's Bay on Tonka for a little bit today. I want to say I was in 20 some feet of water but I don't honestly remember...it was at least 20 though. I was marking fish and I had one hit a crappie minnow on a jig the second I got it down to them but I missed him - I guess I that's what you get when you hook a minnow in the head instead of the tail. No other action, though.

Has anybody found a good late night(10pm-Midnight)bite on Prior? I'm heading out there Friday night and I've the bite near Sportsman's to turn off by 8:00.

waterbound: Thanks for info. I have never been out on prior. Havent been out this year yet. How far from where you park on shore to to weed line. Also how thick is the ice, have a hand auger. thankyou.

waterbound: Thanks for info. I have never been out on prior. Havent been out this year yet. How far from where you park on shore to to weed line. Also how thick is the ice, have a hand auger. thankyou.

No reason to park on shore, there's a solid 15" or more out there. If you go out of the Sportsman's access, there is plenty of good fishin withing a very short drive.

Fished Prior Lake from 3-9 in 23 FOW. Got some nice sunnies early and a bunch of perch. Crappies were coming through after dark, but was tough getting them to bit.

Iv'e been out to waconia a few times this season but the crappie bite has been slow for me. I heard this morning that they are starting to pick up now though. All I've had in the past couple weeks on the traditional spots are a few laying on the bottom, comming up to take a look but not real active. Has anyone seen an improvement since the warmer weather? Have the eye's turned off with the traffic now? Had a little action the first couple times out but I assume they've tapered down since.

Ive been fishing through the night on Waconia and its been just how you descibed it with fish on the bottom. Ive had to do alot of enticing to get them to bite!!! Ill be back at it again tonight!

Sealegs

Fished the hump in cook's last night with no success, a few 5 inch perch but that was at 3:30 in about 18FOW moved around but didn't mark much of anything.

out on Wyazata bay last night for a few hours just off the weedline at about 20 FOW, caught a perch and a mid sized crapie. not bad for my first time ever on this lake.

Anyone seeing and eyes on the cameras? where ate they hiding like what kind of structure...

Last night I looked for crappies all over Waconia's Pillsbury and Center reefs and some traditional spots on Parley lake but drew blanks besides some small perch nibbles on Waconia. Then headed over to Carson's bay on Tonka and marked a fair amount over 25 feet within a group of houses. I set up shop and fished for a couple hours and pulled one 9 inch crappie plus some other bites with no luck. I know some other guys got a few but I'm sure they were there longer than I. I might try there again tonight. I know they're down there but now just have to wait for a better bite to happen...

Hey Acemac, did you drive out on Wayzata bay? how thick was the ice? Going out on friday evening and just curious on the conditions out there. I've never fished on the lake or that bay in the winter. Looking for suggestions where to access lake and conditions.

thanks!

Was out on waconia last night looking for some walleyes with no luck. Marked a bunch right off the bottom in 15 FOW north of Center, but couldn't entice them to bite. Going to move the house next time out hoping to find some crappies.

Cooks was hot last year, this year not so much. Pulled one 22" out and a few smaller ones. The last 3 weeks from me and my buddies, nothing but perch.

You have to fish the weed lines, but I wouldn't even waste my time out there now.

Walter you told me so! Just trying to find something...anything! Was fun using my new gps and lake map for the first time.

swmuskeye. would you be willing to share a spot on tonka? i dont usually ask but my buddy is coming back from military and is eager to fish. i have had bad luck on tonka. so looking for some advice my e-mail is [email protected] thanks

That chip is pretty awesome, isn't it! Now you need to get the Navionics APP for your iPhone!!

I've been on Brown's the last two nights and have got nothing. Sounds like I could move closer to home and catch nothing!

I think I'm going to try Cook's on Friday evening. I know it may be a bust, but with the warmer weather I figure it's worth a try. I don't really have any great spots, but I've caught them before a couple hundred yards south of the public beach in about 20 FOW. May as well give it a try, I know I can't catch them if I'm sitting home.

Besides, I bought some of the new Lindy Darters, and they're pretty much a guarantee to get a limit of 20 inchers. They'll rattle them in all the way from Wayzata Bay, right? wink

Yes I Drove out on Wayzata bay in my full sized Yukon. there was lots of vehicle traffic and very little snow. there were at least 20 inches of ice not sure if i would be comfortable drive across the really deep parts but there was more then enough for a few trucks to park next to each other.

Oh and i think the only place to access the lake is at this spot

44.965676, -93.503996 (paste those into google maps)

I was fishing a hump at

google maps navonics link

seemed like a good spot sandy bottom on a drop off a inside curve with some large rocks down there but only got the one crapie an one perch both hit a small Swedish pimple so i think they are hungry!

Ohh if you ever see a very large guy in a black snowsuit sitting on a bucket stop by i would love to chat!

Fished prior last night 6 to 11 in 18fow lots of lookers only caught 3 crappies kind of slow thinking about moving the shack to some deeper water besides to many shack next to mine now one guy droped his about 15ft from mine

Does anyone know how the access is out at Cook's bay on Tonka? I am going out Saturday but do not have a four wheel so trying to figure out the best spot to go that is fairly good for access.

• The title was changed to Metro Area Minnesota Fishing Reports & Ice Conditions