• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mississippi River Pool 4 Fishing Reports Pool 5, 6, 7 , 8 & 9

Headed out today from Evert's. If any fellow FM'ers are out stop by and say Hi!

She's gonna be a little chilly out there today smile

We'll be in a red and white Warrior tiller.

Was out there yesterday, not much for walleyes but we pretty much caught saugers at will in the 30-60 foot of water range. Nothing real big but tons of fish!

Was out there yesterday, not much for walleyes but we pretty much caught saugers at will in the 30-60 foot of water range. Nothing real big but tons of fish!

Feeding the eagles all day huh? wink There ARE fish in under 30 feet too.

Hahaha, yeeeeah. Didn't find out about the delayed mortality part til after we got off the water. They all seemed fine when we let em go, next trip we will be a little shallower.

"There ARE fish in under 30 feet too"

Yep, and lots of 'em.

Averaged over 10 fish an hour for two guys today. Every single one of them was from less than 30'.

Biggest eye was 18", lots of small sauger and eyes too. Caught a suprise 4 pound sucker as a "bonus" fish smile

Had a 22-24" walleye shake off at boatside before the net-man was ready frown

T'was a little chilly out shocked

Got out on Monday fished from 10 to 24 feet caught fish in depths mostly around 19. The bite wasn't fast but enough for a good time. Here is a picture of Brad with a couple for the frying pan. full-36600-30295-image.jpg

I can also say the ring worms out produced everything for keeper sized fish in my boat. I would like to say it was great to see the dad out there fishing with his kids on Monday they were a hoot to listen too.

Good luck guys and gals !!!!!

It was great to see the Red Warrior with the kids, caps off to you! Turk and I were commenting on how much fun they were having. It was great to see you too Denver and thanks for the jigs they turned the day around instantly for us! I will get you back one of these days!

mw

It was great to see the Red Warrior with the kids, caps off to you! Turk and I were commenting on how much fun they were having. It was great to see you too Denver and thanks for the jigs they turned the day around instantly for us! I will get you back one of these days!

mw

We also commented on how much fun they were having. I laughed when the daughter was protesting when her father insisted on getting her picture with a tiny sauger?? They also caught fish for the cooler as well. We were catching in 24 - 30 fow. Everts 3/8 hair jigs were good to us. We quit at 1:00 when the wind kicked up. Looking forward to warmer temps, sunshine and the big girls.

heading down to the dam tomorrow to try some sauger fishing.... anything i have to do special with the boat motor since it will be below freezing? first time fishing this early

Tilt the motor all the way down until all the water is drained. Some like to start the motor for a second to make sure all water is out. Make sure you let the boat, trailer, motor drain into the river and not onto the ramp. The folks at everets will appreciate it. Good luck and report back with results.

Good to hear. After posting yesterday i thought,.............i should head down there myself so i did. Fished noon to 5 and caught 25 +/-. Lots of little guys but found 3 for the frying pan. Minnows worked much better than plastics. Nice to be back in the boat again!!!!!

depends on where you launch, but there are several accesses within a 10-15 min boat ride of the dam. also size of your motor and how many no wake zones you go through make a difference.

Everts is the closest to the dam, its on the wisconson side... thats only a 5-10min trip to the dam from there with zero no wake zones to go through, but it also has limited parking depending on how high the river is

What are the names of the landings you are talking about and are they decent landings?

There are two landings in RedWing, one on the north end and one on the south end. Coville and Baypoint. Both great landings with lots of parking, and free.

There is one under the bridge in the Wisconsin chanel and of course there is Everets.

Baypoint may be un-usable for a while ... This landing has sort of a "harbor" where you launch from and my guess is there is still at least a foot of ice in the harbor. Not sure though, i rarely ever use it.

its more than likely ice in the baypoint bay landing, once it is ice free, be careful the landing gets icy from trailers coming in and out. i found out the hard way, slid all the way down the landing backwards til i hit the waters edge! about filled my shorts!!!

i go to everts now, ice free landing all year and its a closer run to the dam. plus a 7 dollar fee

The ramp under the bridge belongs to Island Marina/Campground. It's private and you need a key to get in. The other options are Coville Park, Baypoint Park, Wi Channel and Evert's Resort. All are nice ramps. The WI Channel is the worst of them all because there is no dock and has a rocky shorline. I used it a couple times last week and it was good enough with two people. It does get icy though.

Evert's has the best setup and has a bait shop right there. There is a fee though.

Mike

• 4 weeks later...

any reports for pool 4 on the river? Heading there next wknd and looking for some input. Be glad to report back. THANKS

flow is low, and thus the water is clearer for this time of year. very limited current breaks because of the low flow so the fish are a little scattered. we didn't get much pitching blades and plastics on wed. vertical boys were getting some fish, mostly small though. we switched and pulld Dubuque rigs for the rest of the day and were able to catch fish. the dropper jig with plastic caught the most (purple chart tail ringworm was best). i am hoping this warmer weather will dirty the water and bring some much needed flow to concentrate the fish better.

just thought I would try I'm in on the fishing today.although it took us 45 minutes to launch once we got on the water the fish were biting. The walleyes seemed to be shallower in the 17 to 22 foot range and the Sagerswe're out deeper. Plastics were the best for us today although we caught them on minnows and blade Bates

"Is Everets open this Sunday on Easter for launching?

You may not want to go there. When we left the water was raising fast with lots of logs. There was RAPIDS at ramps and docks.

Very, very slow today! We saw 5 fish netted all day (8am-2:3-). We managed one big catfish and that was it. Must be the cold front that moved in on Sunday. Things should settle down and the bite will pick back up within a few days. Good luck!

Hows the flow right now? Alot of debris to dodge? Water running high fast and dirty yet?

Tunrevir~

Making my first trip to the mighty Miss and really pumped whether the bite is tough or not.. Earlier I had read that people were using small 3/32 and 1/8 ounce jigs. I am assuming the use of larger jigs is now more appropriate with the greater flow of water. But wondering how big of a jig is needed, 1/2 ounce or even 1 ounce? Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!