• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Mississippi River Pool 4 Fishing Reports Pool 5, 6, 7 , 8 & 9

Dan, I think the term for it is Walleye Junkie. grin

Good Luck with that and if there's a cure, please don't post it.

Fished 3/24 from 3 pm. to 7 pm. and had marginal success. Landed a few and missed a few solid fish but they weren't in a feeding frenzy by any means where I was fishing. Fished 2'-15' of water with blades and jigs and water temp was 34.4-35.1. Ice coming down the river was exciting but with the water rising at the rate it is, the fishing should get great in a week or two when the temps rise. Go get em boys! And be safe! P3242149.JPG

P3242151.JPG

P3242153.JPG

is it safe to fish pool 4 right now with high water? i have never fished the river and wanna get my boat on the water and make sure everything works. thanks for the info.

iceman

If you have never fished high water on rivers before, I would probably advise you not to try it until the river comes down a bit. This is just my advice, and I'm not a river rat by any means. But, there are several things to look out for down there and I would hate to see someones season ruined just to scratch an itch.

You can always call everets and explain your situation. They are the only ramp that is open I believe anyway...

Ya not the best place to go TRY to see if everything works ok on the boat, You better make dam sure before going in to high water down there just my 2 cents.

I would agree that there will be a better time to do so in the very near future.At the very least if you do,make sure you have someone with river experience along with.

I almost suggested getting your feet wet in high water but then I saw you NEVER FISHED THE RIVER. Hey man, go after the logs and ice chunks are done flowing this year. Plenty of fish to still be caught. Once you got it down from start to finish (landing loading) Then next year try the obsticale course. Only a wise watchful eye should try to traverse what is happening right now. Remember that even while anchored, a 90ft tree moving at 4 mph could take you down at any time. Always be on the lookout and this is what you will learn for next year. Keep a knife handy in the bow, and for peet sakes make sure every thing works first before going. Be safe.

Everts landing is still open at the bottom of the hill.

the back channel landing is now closed by road black and the road to the landing had several inches of water running over it.

fishing was slow for us we snagged a whole bunch of kitty cats biggest was around 12 lbs.

there were allot of very good looking current seems setting up though if the water temps come up at all the fishing should be good but as always teh fish do need to eat everyday so somebody will always catch fish

good luck and be safe

Thanks for the update Drew! We will have game-on when we gain some water temps....still waiting for my crystal ball though to get back from the shop so it can tell me what day that is gonna be! :]

does anyone have any info on the wisconson landing or baypoint park landing? is the road to get onto the wisconson landing under water? heading down early tommorow morning and wondering where to launch.

4/3 SUNDAY:Everts is still in good shape and better yet, Dean will offer all the help you need. He even hopped on the tongue(trailer) What's more, he allowed use of his Ranger to shuttle me back down if the parking was distant. Then, he put me on fish, told we what color, technique etc. No details spared. Per usual, Dean is a first class guy! With that warm reception and assisstance, it was easy to head out relaxed and ready to fish. Now for the fishing. GAME ON! Fished starting around 10am and found things to be a little slow to start. After trying 1/4 blades, 3 ways and jigs, apattern emerged. 4pm: Purple/white tail ringworm the out in front leader with chatruese creme pepper getting an honorable mention. And they were crushing it!, I mean inhaling it the way you would expect this time of year. I suppose I caught around 30 fish. The biggest being back to back 25" milkers. No giants, but, there movin in full force now!

was out in pool 4 today and got 3 saugers. lots of current. water temp was 40 degrees.

How long do you think the good bite will be on?

I am hoping on hitting pool 4 on Good Friday, is it worth the trip?

Thanks Bob

how busy is it out there on the weekends?

On a decent weekend day this time of year, you can literally almost walk boat-to-boat from one shore to the other below the dam at Red Wing--it's not called "bumper boats" for nothing. laugh

the back channel landing is now closed by road black and the road to the landing had several inches of water running over it.

pardon my ignorance,

but is this landing the one near the hwy 63 bridge in front of a marina store with docks?

the back channel landing is along highway 63 as your crossing into WI it is right next to the second bridge across from Mr Sippi.