• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Lake Winnibigoshish Fishing Reports

Fished the 23rd through the 27th out of Nodak's. COLD.

We were unable to locate any schools of larger perch but did manage to catch over 30 walleyes between the 2 of us. Most of the fish were 14 to 16 inches but we did have one over 20 and 2 over 24 inches. We also caught 16 northern with the biggest being 31 inches.

I think we only took home 28 perch in the 8 to 10 inch range but with the addition of a limit of walleye it worked out just great.

The road system was excellent but there was no such thing as off road travel unless you had a snowmobile.

Another great trip!

I tried out Highbanks new road out to Zoomer's Bar this afternoon. I set up on a hump, almost to the end of the road. The stupid wind made it impossible to set a tip up out as it was getting continuously drifted in with the blowing snow. I fished depths from 27 to 20' of water. All I can say is "Holy tulibees batman". I think I caught 7 or 8 of them in the 4 hours I fished 2-6pm. About a half hour before I quit, I had a few decent marks come in and check out my offerings, but no takers. Hopefully it will get warm enough next week so I can fire up the smoker!

Brian

Bobberboy,

any chance you would be willing to let me know what humps you fished out of nodaks? going up next week and would love to get on some eyes. if you prefer, my email is akbritz at comcast dot net

thanks for any help!

when are they going to be done? i will be right up. grinlaugh by the way you selling your house? last time up i seen a for sale sign down your block.

glenn,

There's no way in heck I'm selling, I've moved so many times that if the current place burns down, I'll be living in the garage till the new one is built on the same spot! grin

There's a place 2 doors down from me for sale, are you looking?

Brian

Alright Glenn is buying a place up there. Way to go Glenn. Hey another spot to stay if needed. I can help you move Glenn.

G.C.

NO!NO!NO! I already got a place to go 27 miles north of there. geez gary you startin rumors here like the womens forum. smirkgrinlaughsmile i just noticed the sign going from cenex to 6 didnt really know what house it was. besides that a bit far to drive for work.....i owe... i owe... so off to work i go. eekfrownsmile

Cmon Big Guy you can tell house. I heard you have a money tree in your backyard.

Good luck tomorrow, and we shall see what happens. I'll give ya a call.

G.C.

Hey wait a minute ME starting trouble on the w-forum. I thought you were the leader.

BMC sounds like you have moved a few times heh.

fished out of high banks yeasterday caught 5 eye one being to big and two to small all of them were on jigs 21' 4 to 7 pm

Was up this weekend. Friday, stayed close to HB. Saturday we ventured to the west side of the lake, past zoomers about 2-3 miles towards Ravens Point-none stop action on perch. Had to sort, but no problem on getting a limit of 9-11" perch. We had our best luck in 15 ft, but know their was luck to be had with a more consistant 9-11" with a some walleyes a little deeper-Bright spoons with fatheads. Planned on hole hopping, litterally fished the first holes we drilled-so I suspect the bit is good area wide. Need a snowmachine obviously.

Blown off around 2 pm and was too windy Sunday to get back out.

jk

A buddy and I were out today tip up fishing for gators. We fished from 10-3 and ended up w/ our 6. The best action was from 2-3 pm. All we used were smelt and it seemed like the less hardware you had down there, the better they bit. I was using a 20lb mono leader and a 1/0 gammy circle hook. The fish ranged from 3 to 8 lbs. Our best luck was in 12-16 feet of water.

Circle hooks really work!!! I caught the 8 lber and when I got it to the hole, I couldn't get it to come up, it was stuck at the bottom. Darin was gaffed the fish and here the circle hook was stuck in it's eye! On another fish I caught, the circle hook was on the outside of the fish's mouth. They must have been slashing at the baits?

ice20fishing20200920013xr4.jpg

Brian

good going

where did you get the smelt? freds ?

you said 12-16 fow shoeline breaks ??

headin up early friday...hope to get to a spot out from the dugouts kinda rock bar i fish in the summer we catch everything

there

sounds like those nothern have been going pretty steady all winter

Gregg,

I get the smelt in the spring, on Pokegama and put them in borax, a ziploc bag, and freeze them for winter gator fishing. Yes the shoreline breaks, on the edge of deeper 20+ fow. Gators have been going good all winter.

I think Fred's should have some smelt or ciscoes.

Brian

Brian,

It looks like a much better Gator then the one I landed last time we were out. From the looks of the photo it must have been about 60 degrees warmer. whistle

Keep up the great work!!!

Hey Brian,

Whats your schedule look like this week. I'm thinking about heading back to the gator pit.

Darin Shevich

mnfishingpros.com

Darin,

Keep an eye on Brian he might try and give you the cold that I left with him the last time I was up. grin

I see this is your 1st post. So let me be the 1st to welcome you to the site. I'm looking forward to hearing more that you may have to share.

fish fry at bmc,s? smirklaughwink hey bmc, after this lovely weather passes can you let me know what kind of conditions are like? my mom and nephew are headed that wat this weekend, weather permitting and i am planning on the weekend of the 21rst.

was up yesterday with my 2 sons and father in law. fishing was slow. brought home 12 perch and one 15" eye. drilled a ton of holes and marked alot of fish, just couldn't get em to bite. we did throw back three over 20" and four under 12" eyes. nice day to be on the ice though.

fishing out of nodak march 14-15. been to winne 1 other time but that was early jan 2006. anyone have any idea what i can expect from past years.

Glenn,

Lots of rain the last 2 days, driving a truck on Winnie, at least the NE side was no problem today. The snow has really taken a beating!!! grin I wouldn't have wanted to be riding an atv out there today, you woulda' been soaked!

Brian

On Tuesday, bmc and I fished Winnie. We attempted to pull a few slimmers through the hole. Tip up fishing was on the ticket for the day. So, we started out in the River Channel and with with no strikes in about two hours we moved over by Tamarack and fished a few little humps. That still didn't help much. I beleive the weather had a big factor. It rained the whole time we were out. I was able to drive any where I wanted, but there was approx 6-8" water on the ice. We did find alot of perch out on the humps in 14-20ft.

TAKE A KID FISHING!!!!!!!!

Darin

MNFISHINGPROS.COM

I heading to Winnie this weekend never ice fished it before but have fished there in the summer so I'm a little familiar with the lake have any suggestions would be great!!!

Thanks

LONG WEEK -END

FRI....NO FISH CLOSE IN HUMP TO HIGH BANKS

MOVED SAT 3...GATORS 4-6LBS...4 WALLEYES IN THE BUCKET 3 RELEASED ...10-15 PERCH KEPT 6 10-101/2 INCHES

SUN..4 GATORS 4-8LBS....5 5 WALLEYES IN THE BUCKET 2 RELEASED

MON..MON ZEROOOOOOOOO NADA..NADA

FAIR WEEK END OF FISHING ON MID LAKE SMALL HUMP ONLY US ON THE HUMP

Fished Winnie out of Nodaks thursday afternoon to sunday noon. Fishing was slow for us 6 guys about 25 keeper perch a day. I have never drilled so many holes in one weekend. I alone went through 3 tanks of gas on my auger. We would catch a few fish then they were gone. Sunday right before we left found a pretty good school of perch out in 36 feet of water. Walleye were alittle better with an average of 5 keepers an evening 5:30 to 6:30. we had chains on the truck and off road travel was a brezze, not a problem at all. The roads were in horrible shape on thurs and fri. flooded with 4" to 5" thick ice chunks to get huge up on. Sat and sun the roads were much better.

Lenny40,

The walleye fishing has been slow. I have been picking up some nice northerns in the 4-8lb range. I been using tip- ups rigged with a quick strike rig and tipped either with a smelt or a live sucker. Travel on the lake is great, so be mobile and don't stay in one spot to long. Good luck and be safe.

Darin

[email protected]

mnfishingpros.com

• The title was changed to Lake Winnibigoshish Fishing Reports
  • The topic was unlocked