• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
upnorthfishin

Fishing-Cold Spell

upnorthfishin

Did anyone venture out last night or today with this new weather change? Did you see a change in the bite at all? How is the night bite? I'm going up there this weekend out of Westwinds or Hillmans. I hope fishing is still good. I hear alot of reports of groups catching trophy pike up their. We have had tip-ups out the last two years we have been up there on our trips. Never any luck. We used suckers. I'm going to try large shiners this year. We can't do any worse. Thank you for info.

chaffmj

If you read the pike reports they are catching them while fishing for walleyes on jigs and minnows. I believe more are caught this way then with tip-ups. That is how I caught mine last year. It doesn't hurt to try a tip-up but I would rather have two poles going if it was me. MHO

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• delcecchi
      The Vermillion south of MSP is spelled with two "l"s. The one in this forum only has one.
    • leech~~
      It's always nice when you have a week to get everything nicely packed, organized and ready to go. 🙂 It's just that few hours when you get home tired and dump it all in a big dirty pile to sort out that suk! 😆   Gook Luck!
    • monstermoose78
      Good luck and many the ducks fall after you shoot!!
    • Wanderer
      For all the stuff I thought I had at my fingertips to pack, I sure am taking all week to get it done!  At least I have all my supplies.  I just keep tinkering on this and that, not getting it bagged up!   Leaving tomorrow morning around 9 and should have the entire afternoon to scout our top areas.  We’ll land somewhere in the northern third of the state.
    • chaffmj
      Basswood lake!
    • Bigfatbert
      Whatchya mean Cliff with this hear reply ? Maybe your puttin in too many hrs on the Big V , maybe up to early ??
    • leech~~
      If your local to that area may be you could talk to the city and get a bunch of folks together for a clean up day sometime?  
    • History_Geek
      I got the Polluted From my own observation.  The North Branch of the Sunrise River, At least the part that Runs though The town of  North Branch, Isn't the healthiest.  I Walked by the river in a small park. The River was full of peoples Trash.  Like Washer Machines  and trash bags. People Trash Either ran into the river, or People just dump their trash their. 
    • History_Geek
      All right People, Thanks for the info, next time I have a question about the St. Croix, I'll Post it on the thread. Peltier Sounds good, But your right the rivers are my best bet. Thanks for the link I'll make sure to use it.
    • JBMasterAngler
      I don’t know who told you the sunrise river is polluted. Aside from a little bit of run off and algae blooms, the river is quite clean. The lower river is a popular summer float tubing spot. Come duck season, it will seem like the whole east metro is packed into Carlos Avery.