• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Game Wardens In the area?

bak2MN

I did let this guy in and im sure it was him after all the others talking about what he was wearing and looked like. I did let him in and visited for a few minutes before he left. I think he hung out to warm up. And he was very freindly. And yes they are always welcome to come in at any time in my house as I only keep half of what our limit is. Most everything is CPR.

One of the standard rules of our house's is that the CO's are always welcome to come in. They have a job to do AND can be a wealth of information. Who else goes around the lake talking to everyone and knowing what is working to catch fish? The CO's that regularly work URL also have permission to go into any house we have that doesn't have clients in it and hang out. To warm up, eat lunch or just watch the world go by.

VERY cool

Quote:
Wearing the uniform and being visible to the public will deter illegal activities. It is easier to catch those doing the illegal activities if they're in plainclothes. Both serve their purpose.

My thoughts exactly. Those darn badgers shine big time in the bright sunshine. I would perfer all the game wardens to be in plain clothes so the law breakers have to wonder everytime someone approaches.

Quote:
Don't have to worry about them walking in unless you have something to hide.

Very well said! There seems to be a lot of anger towards the people protecting OUR resources. Remember folks they are doing their job, and we should all respect that.

Don't have to worry about them walking in unless you have something to hide. grin

Like ma n pa having some alone time on the lake, I wonder how many times a CO has walked in on the dance? blush

We had the CO stop by on Monday night. He was really cool. Came to the door and announced "game warden can you please open the door". I thought that was the right way to do it. All he said was "here to check your licenses". No problem then he took a look at the holes in the house to check the amount of lines down. Talked to him about fishing for another 15 minutes about how the fishing was then he left. Overall we had a pretty good experience with him.

Kid

I guess I always thought that the Game Warden has more power then a normal police officer. I am pretty sure they can walk right in. My thought is, if you are doing nothing wrong, it should be no big deal. I have asked for their ID in the past. They have all been more then happy to show proper ID...

If you are nice to them, they usually have some pretty good fishing information. Can you imagine being able to walk into any house you want and see how the fishing is??!!??!! What a great gig!

I just wanted to help you out with this, they have the same rights/powers as other police officers and Deputy Sheriff's can also check and write game and fish violations. Many people think that the DNR have more power, however they don't, just enforce different laws.

Exactly. The law was changed a couple years ago and now you have to have permission to enter a house. It you tell them no, they can't come in. I think it's stupid but that's the law.

I was outside the house catchin' a smoke on Sunday when the fella pulled up for a license check. I invited him in while I pulled out my wallet, mostly to expose my grandsons to this aspect of the sport and to once more explain the rules and why the rules exist. Just glad he didn't ask where my cigar came from.

Anyone get checked by the DNR gal off of Hillman's last weekend? We were driving off the lake Saturday night to get a pizza when we seen a DNR survey sign. She was stopping everyone going off the lake.

I did notice she was fully equipped with a DNR uniform and all that.

One guy was outside checking his tip-up when the CO pulled up to check him. When they stepped into the house they found the guys 5 year old son standing there proudly. He had put down the line that Dad had pulled up when he put his tip-up out. He told his Dad that he, "had done it all by myself just like you taught me and I didn't even tangle it". laugh The CO didn't ticket anybody but did help the kid with his counting. When the CO left he told the Dad that it was very nice of him to take his son fishing over New Years Eve and wished them good luck. cool

That was creel census IceRanger. She spends 2 hours a day on all the major roads. Another good source of information because she knows how the bite has been all around the lake.

Anyone get checked by the DNR gal off of Hillman's last weekend? We were driving off the lake Saturday night to get a pizza when we seen a DNR survey sign. She was stopping everyone going off the lake.

I did notice she was fully equipped with a DNR uniform and all that.

She hot?