• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

Fished Friday from 4:30 to Midnight caught 1 Walleye then went out Sat for the lunch hour and didnt catch any then on Sunday went out from 1:30 to 6:00 and caught nothing I think it may be time to find a new spot or lake. Is anyone catching anything out there.

I think it kinda shut off during the last week. has been slower each time I've been out. week ago sunday caught 7 eyes went back thurs evening only 2 eyes tried sat caught 1 eye then sun caught 1 eye 2 perch and 1 hammer handle. all have been small and released.

I haven't moved yet but I've been waiting for my buddy to get his plow truck fixed, so I can move right now I'm in 20 fow and I'm thinking about going deeper I wish I could find some crappies in Sallie but I've never caught one out there in the last 4-5 years. How about you leechbait have you been moving around out there?

Actually i'm on a different lake but, it seems to be the same pattern. I bet if you move it onto some new structure they'll bite. The structure closer to the deeper water has been producing the crappies lately. At the beginning of the season I was fishing structure ( weed edges near drop-offs ) and having good luck on a fresh spot for walleyes and an occasional crappie, every time I moved and it didn't have to be far even 30 feet or so would help. I was fishing in probably 16 feet next to water that got as deep as 20 or so. Now I'm closer to the deeper water 25+ fow and fishing around the 18-20 mark and doing pretty good on crappies. It slowed down for a bit and i moved my house along the drop prbably no more than 20 yards this time and been enjoying some decent crappie and bluegill fishing lately. Just something to think about I guess.

I think i am in a great spot out there but havent been out much yet. My buddy went out on saturday but couldnt get to my house. So they drove out on the access road as far as they could get. Caught two nice keepers ( thrown Back) right away and didnt talk to him after that. Heading to lake of the woods on sat-mon but will check back after fishing sallie on the 23rd..

dragon how good of an area are you in? I am looking for a spot for my perm when I get back this weekend from upper red. I have a plow on my truck so I could bust a trail for us. Just a thought if you dont want to share the spot I can understand completely. Let me know.

Well to be honest I really dont know for sure yet, I will have to try it out again next week and see. I am just guessing due to structure and summer reports. I know Im not much help yet but maybe I will be when I get my butt back out there.

Dragon --

I need to get my tail out there to check it out. I hope to this weekend - -you gonna be around?

HITMAN,,,,heading to lake of the woods, PLEASE USE MY HOUSE, I need a report myself from there since I never go during the week....Two fishouses makes it a battle to choose one. Plus a portable that sits in the garage...

Dead, hitman MAY use my four hole house on saturday, your welcome to join him if you guys hook up, ( depending on who he is going with..) I have given him all the info on the house and he knows exactly where it is. Hard to get another house out there with the snow now. Go ahead and join him in my house if you like. Unless you guys dont like each other, HA!!!!!

I will be at lake of the woods so have at it....

hey dragonman, thanks for the generous offer. I'll probably be hole hopping and checking out some spots, likely snooping around in the area near your permanent.

If I saw dahitman out there, I was going to give him a taste of sweet justice wink

Ten four, good luck out there. I think it can be good out on Sallie in those spots.....

yeah when the fish are there!

Yeah -- I hope tyo get out there -- plan on hitting Pelican as well. -- have to see what happens.

Dead - -If I go to Sallie I will give you a call.

Dragon how far out are you and how deep of water are you in? If you go by structure then I'm in a great spot but the fish are few and far between. I've tried slip bobbers with glow jigs, non glow jigs, jigs that look like bugs, plain hooks, and swedish pimples. I've also tried fatheads, shiners, suckers, and crappies. It seems like the only time i get a bite is when I'm not paying attention or I'm out of the house and come back in and my bobbers gone.

Dragon is on his way to LOW --

I helped him with the spot -- he is in like 20 fow and 22 fow and on the edge of structure that drops off to deep water.

It should be good - -I had great luck there this summer, but neither of us have had a chance to hit it much.

In fact me - -zero times. I just waste my time on Pelican ... wink

Do you think the eyes have gone to the deeps and are done for the year? Should a guy start hittin the crappie bite and forget about eyes til he can get up North.

hey guys i think i will be out on sallie for the first time. if you see a guy in tan making the ice/snow look like swiss cheese thats me.

hey guys i think i will be out on sallie for the first time. if you see a guy in tan making the ice/snow look like swiss cheese thats me.

what day?

is the only access on the NE side and the other on the NW side or so?? or where do most people head out from??

I think most go out from the access right next to the DNR headquarters right by the river. If you go East from the County 6 gas station about a mile or so, you will see a public access sign. Head south there and it will be down a few miles. There is a fork in the road where if you go to the left you go to the DNR station or to the right, you go to the public access.

I fished deep, I fished shallow, I fished in between this morning. Only moved a bunch of dink perch, and one good sized slimer. Bite was slow, and fish were in a neutral to negative biting mood. Only had a couple fish come in suspended at sunrise, but they quickly moved on.

Anybody else have much luck this weekend? The action should pick up later in the week once the weather stabilizes a bit.

I would use your fishhouse if you wanted some reports from LOW for sure. dragon81

I always like to try a new spot up there, havnt been there yet this winter.

Went out Friday night at 10:30 to drill holes for Sat Morning fished til 11:45 didnt catch any but marked a few on the vex. Sat morning went out @ 6:45 got stuck going out to house then my brother in law showed up and and he got stuck after I got out, so then we both parkes at the access and walked out thank god I drilled the holes friday night. Finaaly got fishing at 8:00 we caught 2 northerns 1 5lbs the other about 2.5 lbs and a few perch fished til 1 p.m. Did anyone go out there on Sunday if so has anyone plowed yet?

I was out there sunday, nobody had plowed when we left at around 1100. The slush was getting bad in some areas. There was water that come up under the snow everywhere we fished. the NE side of the lake is bad, I was riding my sled around the lake and got bogged down pretty good up there. Might be a spot to avoid....

May head out there this friday mid day for a while. Think i will take me snowmobile out if I go and try see what I can get into. Hard to move around with this snow...

Do you think the cold weather moving in will affect the fishing very negatively?? Will I be waisting my time ?