• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
DRS

Augusta lake in Mendota

DRS

I was woundering if anybody have fishing this lake before? Lake Augusta is in Mendota on the corner of hwy 110 and hwy 13. Im going to fish it this saturday the 17. So if anybody has fish it how was it? thank you

David

Maximum12

Well, finally, a lake I've never seen mentioned on this site!

DRS, Augusta is completely within the Resurrection Cemetery. There are an abundance of "No Trespassing" signs littered liberally througout the place. Don't ask me how I know, but "a friend" scouted the lake out this summer looking for a discreet access & couldn't find one.

So unfortunately, it's private property. If you make it on with or without getting caught, let us know. I, I mean, my friend, would love to know if it pans out.

CrappieFshr651

Be careful, or you might have every politically and legally correct member on this site ripping you a new one for crossing private property and "fishing out" a private lake.

Maximum12

CrappieFshr, I am the Official Politically Correct Boy of the politics forum, so no fear. smile And I have a long history of love with water that technically isn't "public" going back about 25 years. Old dog, new tricks, all that.

MnMike58

Back in the mid 70's when I was a teen, I ice fished Augusta. We caught sunnies, don't recall the size. That was over 30 years ago so who knows what in there now.

DRS

I drove by there the other day and there was a trail from center pointe road down to the lake. It look like other people have been fishing the the past weeks. The road didnt have any no parking signs. So im still going to give it a try.

Maximum12

Good luck.

I'll be driving by soon to take a look.

MnMike58

DRS let us know how you do, I wouldnt mind fishing it again.

Esoxlucius29

DRS,

I actually live pretty close to the lake. I used to fish there when I was growing up, few gills some of them pretty nice but I remember a 1 to 9 bluegill/ bullhead ratio. The lake is completely private the cemetery owns about 70% and the rest is privately owned. My neighbor even mentioned somebody getting in some trouble last year parking on the frontage road by 110. One would have to gain access from someone living on the lake. Have you had any luck?

Esox

polarsusd81

I worked right down the street in the office park for four years. I begged and pleaded with the cemetery to let me on to no avail. I went and chatted with a few people in the town houses to ask for access and ended up with slammed doors and WTH? looks. Unless you know somebody that owns one of those town houses and they will grant you access (better have it in writing) you will get in trouble. The cemetery has grounds crew around nearly 24/7. Trust me, I tried for years to legally gain access. I called the local DNR CO and talked to him. Talked to police and others I figured would know the rules.

To me, it looks like it would harbor some crappies and bluegills, along with some pike of respectable size.

pikedreams

Wear white, stay low, don't move and if necessary create a diversion. Stealth fishing at it's best.

FishCat

I went to a Christmas party at one of those townhomes last year. The owner said it was shallow with nothing in it but bullheads. I was surprised to see the DNR map has it going down to 33' in the middle. I figured he was wrong. Keep us posted.

CJH

Get snow camouflage and drill your holes by hand, in the middle of the night........

DRS

I drove by the lake today around 5:30pm. There was one guy out there in a clam. The truck was park on the road. So I would like to know if that was anybody that read this. How was it?

drop me an email ch[email protected]

thank you

David

weeds

Didn't that lake used to be called Duncan? I believe it had a rope swing on the west side and was a nice stop to misbehave years ago. I fished it once when I was a kid. I think the bullhead reports are correct. There is a lake just south of it... Lemay? It's got NOTHING living in it. I heard the greenhouse put something in there and whacked 'em all.

MnMike58

I remember it being called Duncan lake as well. Ive ice fished it a couple times in the mid 70's and got sunnies.

Isn't Lemay lake near 35e and Lone Oak?

Maximum12

There are two LeMay lakes in Eagan, which really messed me up when I went trying to find one of them.

Whacking the lake? Could be. Maybe a formaldyhyde dump? I hiked a ways to try & find a fishable shoreline on LeMay this summer, came up empty. Certainly looks like it could hold fish, & one could drop a canoe in without too much trouble.

fishing tech

Weeds, you are correct. Duncan Lake. I have 2 friends buried in that cemetary. They passed away in the 80's. we would swim there off of the rope swing on the west. Good times, never fished it though.