• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)

Rick

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Creators

Here is what Red Lake Remote said:

Well that just happened! Wow, it was a brutal 3 days but Red Lake Remote kept on keeping on with no interuption in service. Was it easy and did it go well, hell no. But we pushed through the weather and are resetting houses on fresh spots for New year's.

• Thumbs Up 1

Red Lake Remote Ice Fishing Update

Tracks are still humming! Receiving several calls of concern about future reservations and we are right on schedule post-storm/slush/flooding lake apocalypse. All reservations are good to go and we never did have an interruption in service.

An old trick of track tamping and freezing as we place sleepers is keeping the flooding contained to a minimum, and the RLR clients have been great about not drilling a bunch of holes and flooding areas around the sleepers.

It truly helps to have clients that understand that when things get ugly I may have to clear snow/slush around your house at 4 AM or you may not be able to drill a bunch of tip-up holes or just helping to keep the area flood-free and clean makes all the difference.

I believe as a guide by trade you can only be as good as your clients and I have great clients.  Also, RLR's small staff that not only help RLR but another access across the pond have been instrumental in keeping the tracks moving and can't thank them enough.

Now, if we could get these walleye to stop being A-holes and get back to biting we will be set. The bite has been slow as their world has also had some severe changes in the last few days. Guessing it is going to take some stability to get their groove back and stop this look and leave stuff they have been doing. 

We are working and ready for your Upper Red Lake fishing trip with Red Lake Remote Sleepers. See ya soon!

Not sure why the resorts didn’t shut the roads down, knowing the storm was coming, and the consequences of letting the vehicles and houses out?

• Thumbs Up 1

• 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
11 minutes ago, mulefarm said:

Not sure why the resorts didn’t shut the roads down, knowing the storm was coming, and the consequences of letting the vehicles and houses out?

Probably two reasons.

-Need to pay bills

-Their not meteorologists and didn't know how bad it would be?  ?

Kelly do you recall the weather that hit the lake back to the day you broke your ankle maybe 8-9 years ago on Super Bowl weekend?  We were out on a single lane loop that was plowed for us and we were warned that if the weather predicted started that we better get off the lake otherwise we might be out there awhile.  Sure enough about after the first quarter the wind picked up and snow started to fall.  I told my group we should leave now but they wanted to finish the game so we prepped to leave but kept watching the game.  We got off the lake but only after spending 3 hours to make it 500 yards to the main road.  We kept having to unhook a truck, create a path, back the truck up and rehook it to the house and pull until we got stuck again and at the same time the following vehicle and house would move up.  Was one of the nastiest times on the lake I had, and we saw many, but if we hadn't pulled the plug at the time we did we would have been stranded for at least 2-3 days as all the roads drifted shut.  Only positive for the roads back then is the traffic was light compared to what you see out there now.  Hope everyone got or gets off the lake safely!!

• Yayyyy 1

10 hours ago, ozzie said:

day you broke your ankle maybe 8-9 years ago

That was not a fun winter. Try auguring a fishing standing on one leg.   The auger stands still and you around and around, until you fall down. ? ?

• Yayyyy 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • The title was changed to 2020 - Upper Red Lake Fishing Reports (URL)
1 hour ago, PRO-V said:

My son and 5 of his buddies have been in a big sleeper on the north side since Thursday. Caught a 17" walleye as soon as they dropped a line and then only got a 10" five hours later. Nothing during the nights. Yesterday one of the guys had his rod jerked down the hole. A minute later another guy hooked something and pulled up the missing rod. The fish was still on and he reeled him up to find that it had wrapped every line in the house. ? Otherwise no bites and not really marking any.

imagejpeg_0_16.jpg

Nice gator!

Yes sir. I don't know if they measured it. I spent my day smoking one of the Canadian lake trout I got last week.

imagejpeg_0_17.jpg

imagejpeg_0_18.jpg

IMG_20200125_142818621.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2
  • l Love It 2

If he is throw something down there to chase him away. 

back in the crappie day My costumers were doing well tell they caught a big pike. I threw a spear down with a rope. That pike took off and snagged two rattle wheels and peeled them out    so funny

• Yayyyy 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 'we have more fun' FishingMN Builders
15 hours ago, Rick said:

Upper Red Lake right now.

Looks more like the North Pole!

• 9 months later...
2 hours ago, smurfy said:

story has it an ice castle went down. guess they where were they werent supposed to be!!!!!!?

68161.jpeg

• Confused 1
  • Wow, ❤ 1

1 hour ago, Mike89 said:

so did they get it out before it went under??  and hope all are safe...

Hope not. It will make a good crappie crib.?

• Confused 1
  • Yayyyy 1

• Official Fishing Report Team - MN

Probably a good old fashioned trap door. Scary part this time of year you hit one with anything you go down real quick! 

• Thanks 1