• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
mnhunter79

Lake Andrew

mnhunter79

Hey All,

Lookin for any info on Lake Andrew just north of Willmar. Thinkin bout makin reservations for over the 4th of July at the state park. Fishin any good? Too busy of a lake that weekend? We will be fishin for anything, and Walleyes mostly, And watersports. Whats your input on this lake? Thanks for the Advice/replys.

goose89

Very nice state park! Good fishing too. Not the best for walleyes, in general, but if you know what you're doing and work at it, they are in there. Park is one of the best in the system, IMO.

GoneFish'n71

you probably already know this but mn state parks went to 1 year out on reservations. might not be many electric sites left. I think the new system sucks, who know what your doin a year from anything!!

goose89

Yup, forgot that small change mad I checked Sibley and my other favorite state park. Sibley looks booked for the 4th. My annual June trip to Carlos looks like it may skip a year too. You could still get in if you're lucky enough to time it right and get one of the sites they don't reserve, but it's kind of a [PoorWordUsage] shoot. Back - up plan would be needed.

Always a chance there will be cancellations. Booking a year out?? That's a bit rediculous. Weddings, job changes, poor economy, ect. I'd keep checking back late. Come spring time I'd bet there'll be some openings here and there. Good luck.

3kidsfishing

Good Park and decent lake, but probably better for bass than walleyes right now. Also decent panfishing. A couple of main areas to fish that you can see on the lake map.

mnhunter79

We will be tenting, w/no electricity. Still have to res. a year in advance? From what i seen on the web, they had plenty of tent sites open yet. (I hope).

BLACKJACK

Always a chance there will be cancellations. Booking a year out?? That's a bit rediculous. Weddings, job changes, poor economy, ect. I'd keep checking back late. Come spring time I'd bet there'll be some openings here and there. Good luck.

I've [PoorWordUsage] about that year in advance booking too and the answer is "we hope that people will check out some of the other hidden gem state parks" if they can't get into the one they want.

goose89

mnhunter79,

I checked on camper / electricity, not a tent / no elec. You're probably okay if that's what the site says. Good luck.