• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• WE CREATE LONG TERM, MEANINGFUL RELATIONSHIPS IN HERE ... PLEASE JOIN US.

You know what we all love...

RECEIVE THE GIFTS MEMBERS SHARE WITH YOU HERE...THEN...CREATE SOMETHING TO ENCHANT OTHERS THAT YOU WANT TO SHARE
    When you enchant people, you fill them with delight and yourself in return. Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
bak2MN

Lizzie roundup reports

bak2MN

Ok for the ones that could not make it out today lets here the details. We had a family medical situation so was unable to attend. Hope everyone had fun and was safe.

perch_destroyer

Sorry to hear that, hope all is well. Today was an ok day, caught a nice 14 inch small mouth, about 20 sunfish, and about 20 infant baby perch. Lost my line once to something nice, but not sure what... I was amazed, the roads that were plowed out there, If I'd known they were that good, I'd brought my big clam 6 X 8. My wife brought out my oldest daughter after lunch and she fished with me till 1730 hours (end). She caught more fish than I did. She loved it and wants to go again. My fish house needs to be defrosted now, snow and ice everywhere, scared to open it. Hope everything works out for you guys....

plainjane

Always nice to get the kids out. It really makes it a

great day no matter how the catchin' is. Although it does

help to ice a few.

dairyman

Couldn't have asked for a better day on the ice---sunny and not much wind. The road was great getting out there. All things considered I think I did ok---3 bass-nice 17 incher and about 12 sunnies. Just kept the sunnies and let the bass go for another day. Going to be a good fish supper in the future. It was nice to put a face with the site names too

DEADhead

After some scouting and moving around, Fisherdog and I found a spot that was producing bluegills. We caught a a couple dozen gills a piece, a few hammer handles, and of course monster 3" perch. Still could not find the elusive crappie bite, but we might have left too early. Left the ice after 1730.

lizziegtgqs5.jpg

Nice seeing everyone out there today. We'll have to do this again sometime, but maybe a different lake like Lida.

cliffy

I didn't catch anything worth mentioning but it was still a great day on the ice. Thanks to JP and Peter for letting me tag along with them..and for Peter drilling my holes or letting me use his auger. I was only able to locate tiny perch and that was about it. It was nice meeting some new faces and nice to see old friends...even if they are only internet friends..right JP?

First stop of the Day

FISHINGMNGTG015.jpg

FISHERDOG19 with one of his many monster perch. That is DEADhead in the background.

FISHINGMNGTG020.jpg

My best...thought about keeping him for the wall but decided to let him go and grow.

FISHINGMNGTG027.jpg

Perch_destroyer and his daughter. Shawn, I hope you dont mind I posted this pic. I think its pretty darn cute....you can see how much she enjoys spending time with ya.

FISHINGMNGTG031.jpg

DEADhead

great stuff there Clint, even if you are only an internet friend.

perch_destroyer

Dairyman, that bass you caught was a nice one. Thanks for assisting in photographic memory you helped capture for me when I caught mine. That was pretty neat, back to back catches.

Unbelievable perch on this lake, after catching them, I changed their diapers and sent them back down to their crib. I wonder if their parents knew they were having contact with strangers.

It was nice meeting you today and I'll prob see you somewhere on a lake.

perch_destroyer

Cliffy, not a prob. Great looking photos. And yeah!!, no 5 gallon pail needed on this trip..... ha

watersguy

Hey guys looks like you had a good time..I noved two years ago to the fargo area do to a tuff divorce and the opportunity to transfer for work I spent mosy of my summers on Pelican since both sets of grand parents had cabins on Pelican so I know the area in a genral way. This is my second winter fishing solo which I thought would be cool post divorce but it's kimda lonely. Would like to hook up with some like minded fishin...hunting guys and make a few friends up here to fish hunt and share an adult beverage with. If anybody is looking for company shoot me an email [email protected] Stir crazy in Fargo

SSCHOPSHOP

Hey Waterguy, email sent

ole

Finallly got around to this. Had a great time up on Lizzie Saturday. Fishing was hit or miss, but we still managed to find a nice variety. We caught Walleye, Whitefish, Sunnies and a whole lot of 5-7in Perch. Seen some nice Bass caught also. Moved to a different lake after lunch to chase some pannies.

All in all we had a lot of fun, sunny out with nice roads thanks to a few of the good guys up there! Thanks. Also, thanks to Deadhead, FisherDog and the rest that got this GTG going!

A few pics from Saturday...

DSC00077.jpg

DSC00079.jpg

DSC00075.jpg

DSC00074.jpg

DSC00073.jpg

DSC00060.jpg

Thanks, ole

jacobj12k

Glen - How did you do in the afternoon? My phone quit working or I would have called you to come over to my location. I set up on my spot on the spot and caught 143 bluegils in the afternoon and kept a half dozen for the frying pan.

ole

We did pretty good. My daughter and I kept 8 nice fish and my buddy and his son kept 15. Some were 9in Bulls and the rest between7-8 inchers. It was good meeting you on Lizzie, we'll be back up there in the spring looking for the crappies. I still have your # so I can give you a shout when we plan on going.

ole

fisherdog19

Thanks to those that came, it was a good time. The fishing was tough as we tried to find fish in other than community spots but eventually landed on the north end and got into some decent gills. Couldn't find the crappies, and I know there are some nice ones in there. Maybe we can put together another gathering on a different lake later in the season.

dairyman

Hey-----sounds like a good idea----I'm up for that---Saturday was probably the best day of ice fishing for me so far this year and the weather really co-operated too. Sunny and not much wind

ole

It was a lot of fun. Keep us posted on any other GTGs you might do in that area!

Thanks, ole

perch_destroyer

I'll be in for another one, keep us posted...

dairyman

hey perch------done any fishing since last saturday. I'm pretty much going to stay close to the old wood stove until these temps break.

perch_destroyer

Dairyman, nice to hear from ya. I was gonna go out on Monday, but the weather guys said "blizzard" so I made other plans. I woke up late on Monday, and nothing. So another day wasted that I'll never get back. Looking to get out maybe a couple of days on Sun, Mon, Tues, or Wed. Those are my days off. Not sure where yet, i'd like to try lizzie again, there is a ton of fish in there, not to mention great looking roads. less ice out there than there is on city streets of Moorhead, j/k. Temps look better later this week mid teens to lower 20's, too bad i'm working. At these current temps my portable will loose all the windows, they crack so easy at these low temps. Good luck if you head out...