• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Papa Grump

Any fellow FM'rs participating in the kids fishing excursion Sunday that is being put on by the Lura Lake association? I'm coming down to take out my sister's kids.

Jesse Drummer

i hadno idea this was even going on ! how do i get info about it papa? shoot me a email please , [email protected]

fbluvr27

Papa Grump---my wife works tomorrow leaving me home alone with the two kids. Id like some info on this to see if it would be something I could bring the girls to. They are 5 and 2.5.

You can shoot me an email if you would like [email protected]

Papa Grump

This is all I know:

Here are the dates and locations for the Kids Fishing Contest.

January 11

Daly Park - Lura Lake

1:00-3:00

January 18

Bass Lake

February 1

Rice Lake at Wells

It says that there are free hot dogs, hot chocolate and bait. Prizes for the kids. Sponsored by Lura Lake Assoc

benbosh

i remember going to that a long time ago back in the day.. still have the powerbait that was my "prize" grin

TruthWalleyes

I've been looking for an opportunity to take my girl out, 4.5yrs old. DO you think she'll enjoy this?

Papa Grump

If the fish are biting of course. Nice turnout of about 30 kids last weekend, grand prize at the drawing was a 50 dollar savings bond, several nice rod and reels given away and a few small tackle boxes. After that the remaining kids stood in line for variuos tube baits ect.. so everyone went home with something. Obviously the adults where more into the fishing than the kids ,and after about an hour ,several holes where minus a few young fisherpeople as it was more fun to slide on the ice and play tag than fish. Still, a good time had by all.

I won't be there this weekend, but plan on the outing in Febuary.

-Brian

mrklean

i remember doing that at bass lakes years ago i won a water bottle from the winnie mart. Any you guys remember that place???

walleyehunter80

i will be heading out to lura lake tonight i am meeting a friend at the boat landing in daily park at 4 30 pm will give a report on how it went later tonight, if anyone else is going to be out there stop by and see how we are doing we will be in 2 fishtrap pros with the traplink i drive a 02 silverauto reg cab long box with matching topper

josh

walleyehunter80

well lura was a big fat skunko fished out of the landing with the areator in 7.5 fow with shiners and fatheads without a bobber even going down

Alex Zuhlsdorf

Hello everyone! wow, its neat that the little kids fishing contest gets brought up on this site!! I'm the guy with the bait shop by bass lake. i donated the bait for the bass and lura lake contests.