• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

This is what it says in the Wi. regs "Wisconsin residents need a Wisconsin license and Minnesota residents need a Minnesota license to fish in theses boundary waters. Residents of other states need a nonresident license from Wisconsin or Minnesota. Regulations on these waters may differ between states. You must obey the regulations of the state in which you are fishing.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Northlander

• Jig-Head

• outdoor ran

• gritsnham

Ya thats just their way of getting revenue Randy. I cant believe a guy from Wi. cant buy a Mn. non resident license and not fish the river if he doesnt buy a Wi. license. Like I said its just their way of getting more revenue.

Be safe though and have your Mn or Wi resident license. Oh and read the regs very well. No sturgion should be taken out of the water according to DNR wardens, eyes have to be 15" to be kept and only 2 can be kept. Keep all the eelp[out you want as long as you eat them. DONT toss them on the ice!

Oh and if you drive out give others room and keep your speed down.

Yep, a MN angler with a MN license can fish (from shore also) and access the water on the WI side. I've been doing it on the croix since forever.

I would imagine most people buy the the license for the state they live in anyway. Was just posting what the law says in the regs. The regs for both sides are pretty much the same other then you can use three lines on the Wi. side so you would need to know where the state line is for that.

All it took was to plow open the cheesey side to get the house out and the flood gates opened. Looked like more beer drinkers out there today than fishermen.

Jighead is that yours behind perkins?

Thats me by Perkins! Anybody else have no luck yesterday? We are set up in seven feet of water with humps and bumps all around us. Rangin in depths from 5 feet to 8 feet. We fished with walleye suckers and fatheads, 6" off the bottom. One flag all day long. Maybe they were just slow yesterday. We lost the one on the tip-up- any of you guys use stingers on your tip-ups?

I went 6 for 9 on Saturday night and 3 for 7 on Sunday night. Most fish were running 14"- 16" green glow Buckshot with a minnow head.

By the way if you go out please give people room, I had a jacka$$ come up within 10 ft of my portable last night and try to use the holes he had used earlier that morning.I confronted him and asked him not to set up that close and all he could say was that he had chisled thru 20" of ice that morning and that is were he wanted to set up, but I was'nt letting him do that and with a little a$$ chewing I gave him he moved away.

It is a very large bay out there and there is no reason to set up on top of anyone!

By the way my buddy and I were long way away from people and by the time we left we had 10 shacks set up within 40yds around us

Sorry had to vent.

Jar Jar

Thats what happens on the weekends. If you can drive or walk to it easily there will be a bunch of people on it. If you dont like people by you the Bay and Fish Lake arent the place you want to fish thats for sure.

Heres my rant for the day. Im seeing some people who Im 99% sure are double and even triple dipping out there. I have the DNR and TIPS #'s on my cel. If you see people coming and going several times a day from the same group of perms something is up. Especially when they return with nothing. crazy

Thats to bad I hope no one is doing that but I got the number in my cell also so I will keep an eye out when im down there. Going to get out tommorow AM after the crowds have left from this weekend. Lots of people out there driving fast and setting up close to each other right out from the point. Try and spread out and stay away from people if you want to get some fish.

That is pretty sh%$#TY that people are hogging fish out there. I hope I dont see anyone doing that. On a lighter note, Jar, Jar, thats the exact bait we were using yesterday, just no takers. Of course we left at 5:00, had to do the dinner thing with the wife. Nobody have any comments on using a stinger with the tip-ups?

I never have used a stinger on my tipups but you could try a quickstrike rig that has a teble hook and some color

Never had any luck with the stinger thing. Did try it a little with no success at all. I think it messes with the action of the minnow too much.

I had the same thing happen tonight. I set up a good 200 yds from the nearest shack and a truck pulls up by my door and jumps out tries to auger a hole about 15ft from me. He couldn't get his auger running so after pacing back and forth and unable to get his auger going he left. For fishing went 4 for 8 with walleyes.

Caught and released this 28" walleye last Friday in the harbor. I thought I would post it, because I know I like seeing picture of big walleyes. It's the only one I have caught. I have had alot of fish show up on the Vexilar especially when I jig aggressively with a kastmaster. Just can't get anything to bite, but when I drop the jig on the bottom and leave it there I get bites. Guessing its not walleyes doing that, just kind of curious whats nibbling on it and how catch whats doing that? anybody got any ideas?

01-16-09_1600.jpg

Ruffies.

Thanks to the big boats that will continue to dump thier untreated bilge waters in our harbors forever. I guess its too expensive to protect our waters. crazymad

Is there any great lakes fish that have been transplanted by the big ships to the caspian and are considered a "nuisance"?

Not that it's their fault, but would love it if we're not the only ones getting screwed in this whole water dumping thing.

Went out on the bay again tonight. Last few nights has been slow. Tonight was a blast. I got into some eyes and then about 5pm I got into some serious poutin. I wound up with 10 pout between 5-8#. They must be working their way back out to the lake or something. Or a very late run?

As far as eyes I got 6 between 13 and 16.5". Only kept the big one of course.

Hot bait was a rattlin varmit in glow perch and a small slender spoon in gold. Nothing on buckshots, forage minnow spoons or many other usual suspects.

Did get 2 small eyes on a gulp shiner on a 1/4th oz. glow jighead. I kept dipping it back in the juice and that seemed to draw fish in. Ruffies really loved it but were to small do do anything but tap it.

Got windy a few times but over all a nice night to be out.

Thanks for the report northlander good to hear some pout are still around in the bay I would love to get into a few of those. I got only one eye tonight and did not have a very hot bite where I was fishing. Lots of lookers as usual...

Hope to get back out thursday or friday for sure

Good Luck All

Northlander,

I could be wrong, but I believe the pout are just starting to come in to spawn right now. The Nemadji is full of them in Feb, and then they spawn in March under the ice. I'm not exactly the "pout" expert though..BK

How has the morning bite been? I'm thinking about trying the harbor off of park point tomorrow morning. I've never fished the harbor before and really would like to give it a try.

Late light has been good so I would imagine there would be some kind of morning bite but have not tried it yet. I would try and go with some light for your first time so you can get an idea of the area.

Let us know how you do

Mornings seem to be best.

Usually we can get pout about christmas time on but the last few years has been real late if at all.

Does everybody like the road I had plowed out on the cheesey side? This working everyday sucks! I havent got to use my shack since we put it out.

Does everybody like the road I had plowed out on the cheesey side? This working everyday sucks! I havent got to use my shack since we put it out.

Ya and come Sat sunday you are sure to have about 100 neighbors. If you plow it they will come.