• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

I'm looking to head up to Backus/Hack area possibly this weekend and for sure next. Was planning on trying a few smaller lakes in the area, Walleye in the mornings, Sunnies during the day, etc. Don't need any spots, just need to know if anyone is getting out on any of the smaller lakes and if I would be alright with wheeler or if the snowmobile is a must?

are the lakes messy? we are goin up on the 16th of january . wanted to take wheelers. or are we better off walking?

Leave the wheelers at home. You won't go anywhere with them. Too much [PoorWordUsage] on all the lakes in the area!

I was up in the same area over New years weekend and we had 1 atv and 1 snowmobile after the first trip out the atv never left the trailer again there is a ton of snow, my advise use a snowmobile, if your going to walk pack very light and use snow shoe's or your going to wear yourself out trying to walk and pull your gear. Good luck let us know how you did.

Thanks guys! Great info. I learned my lesson two years ago as I drove up with my new Clam X2 after there was a 12 inch storm up there. We couldn't even drive into the access at Pleasant so we unloaded and figured we could just drag to the sunny point. We barely made it through the access onto the lake when we had to stop for a beer and turn back around. I will have to borrow the father-in-law's sled.