• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
JBone

Best bullet for CVA?

JBone

I bought a CVA Kodiak Pro Magnum Muzzleloader this year. What would you guys recommend I use for bullet and powder?

What about 100 grain or 150 grain powder?

What grain bullet for whitetail deer?

Crow Hunter

I use 295 grain powerbelt bullets with 100 grains of triple 7 pellets. This summer I intend to shoot some of the new Hornady FBP bullets to see how the loading and accuracy is.

CH

stretch

i have had really good luck with 275 grain hollow point powerbelt bullets with 100 grain triple 7 pellets. i think i will shoot a heavier grain bullet for bear next fall.

kr8r.tom

it's all trial and error to see what the rifle likes, you could have two of the same models and they both may like a different setup. i've found i like the trip7 pellets better than the pyrodex they seem to be alot cleaner in my experience. run a wet then a dry patch after every shot, inconsistant cleaning of the barrel will give you bad results for sighting in or patterning a certain type of bullet.

Glen S

I have a CVA Wolf- and I use 270 grain Power bellet Platiums. And I wouldn't change for anything. I shot those with 150 grain (pellet form powder) triple 7. I have shot 5 deer with that combination (3 bucks) and all of the bucks have drop straight to the ground (one was 120+yds). I can group a 3 inchg circle at 90 yards (open sights... its the gun not me) I first used the bullets that came with the kit and it grouped like [PoorWordUsage], bought those platiums and never moved my sights and grouped really well. Platiums are the way to go(my opinion)

JBone

Glen S, I use to use the Wolf and I agree that it is a great gun, I gave it to my old man this year and bought the CVA Kodiak and so far has not compared with the Wolf.

By the way that is a beastly load,150grain powder-270grain bullet

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Your Responses - Share & Have Fun :)

• leech~~
      That's amazing, you have the same Avatar name as a guy who has been selling the same box on here since Sept. Did he give you a better deal then $80 bucks? 🤔
    • sgtgreen
      I just purchased this from bold north outdoors,  now i have everything running off of my battery box.  Its pretty sweet.  I found them on facebook, many people make them, but after the cost of purchasing everything it would cost more then what this company is selling them for
    • sgtgreen
      For portable power on the go, use a Bold North Outdoor battery box, solar panel, and a lithium battery.  You can hook up external 12v lights to the the terminal posts or a usb led light to the usb port.  Charge your electronics, and use the flash lights on the front of the box.   Many uses for this product just named a few, added a couple pictures of what I have inside of my Portable Battery Box. You can check them out on fb or just go to their website.  www.boldnorthoutdoors.com
    • sgtgreen
    • Paradice
      Back when I had to go to the barn to get a feed bucket to put my fishing gear in (which it all fit in one bucket), I could catch all kinds of nice fish with nothing more than a homemade rattle reel and a cheap jiggle stick.  As technology and equipment got better, my ability to catch fish went in the toilet.  
    • Wanderer
      @Northlander   You still making rods?     mrpike, Steve makes some great specialized rods for reasonable prices.  
    • Wanderer
      Striker Attack gloves look to be worth a try!  Just saw them at FF tonight - $45 if I remember correctly.   Seemed to be just the ticket; waterproof, breathable, insulated but not too much that you can’t operate.  I usually wear a large but I think an XL would be the right choice for me in that glove.   Really thought about giving them a go.  Still might!
    • Chetta09
      Thanks guys. Driving on lakes in that area with trucks sounds crazy! Wonder what goes through some people's minds. 
    • mrpike1973
      I just broke my last HT blues rod and cant find them locally. I just got a 13 Snitch and a 27" Ul tickle stick how do you all like these? I fish mostly sunfish these should handle the smaller tungsten jigs correct? Anything better out there I just cant justify 100 bucks on a rod I usually start with 3 rods and down to 1 by the end of the year yep I'm a klutz. The HT blues were great but just no back bone and annoying no hook holder cant expect much for 9 bucks but they sure worked good.
    • Bucketcastle
      Get a set of choppers to put over your nice gloves.  I throw choppers over my regular gloves when the bite gets slow.  Works like a charm.