• GUESTS

If You  want access  to member only forums on FM, You will need to Sign-in or  Sign-Up now .

This box will disappear once you are signed in as a member.

• Join In - We Share Fishing Reports & Outdoor Information Here

You know what we all love...

The same things you do!!!! Share what you love & enjoy in the outdoors as well as thank those whose posts you 'appreciate.'

Have Fun!!!

Sign in to follow this  
chris o

youth hunting bow

chris o

im looking for a used youth hunting bow. my son out grew his 20lb first bow, non hunting. he wants to try spring turkey hunting with me. im looking for say a 20 -35 lb draw.

Joe15

I have the perfect bow for you...it is an alpine micro youth bow that can be changed up to a 28 in" draw and can pull 40 lbs. Can be used for hunting, at least I did. I shot several deer with it. Very accurate and fast.

takem34

Have a brand new mathews ignition my brother in law nevergot in to bow hunting he is 14. has a 26 inchdraw length, up to 50 pound draw weight. Great bow realtreehardwoods camo on the bow perfect for a youth or a ladies bow

Joe15

Chris if you want that bow I will give you a good deal on it...that is if you are still interested

walleyeking19

i have a nice browning bow all set up i might be able to sell you. I will the check on the draw lengths and stuff and i'll get back to you

Joe15

Chris if you give me your email I can send you some info

chris o

joe15 i looked at thier web site and it looks like that bow wont go down to 20lbs. i dont even know if a manufacture has one that goes down that low. im looking for an adjustable range from 20 - 35 lbs. i just got back into bowhunting last year. single dad here raising my son. the bow i shoot is an xi legend myles keller. 32" draw 74# pull 65% let off. i went to the pro shop and was asking about a new string, the kid laughed at me.... xi company is not even around anymore... of course he tried selling me a new bow... i said to him i like mine...its paid for

bbesser84

chris,

the fact that xi isnt around anymore has nothing to do with new strings on that bow. i restrung two of them this week. it runs around 75 bucks installed with vapor trail strings. as for youth bows there are several good ones out there that will fit what your son needs. diamond, fred bear, parker, mathews and browning all make good ones. so far teh coolest one that i have seen are from diamond because of the huge range of adjustment that the kids can grow with

Joe15

the bow that I was tell you about goes down to 27 lbs as I checked it at the shop last week. So are you still interested? If you are I can sell it to you ready to shoot and fully equiped.

Pooh

my little brother bought a Forge a couple years back. that particular bow will go from 30 to 60 pounds. and 25 to 30 in draw lenght, its called the woodsman. check out the nimrod too.

they arent as that expensive. there is a guy in bluegrass (between vendale and sebeka) that sells them. not too may forge dealers out there, and not a name u hear of very often, i've had my safari for 4 years and 3 deer without one complaint. if i remember right by little brother has like 500 bucks in EVERYTHING from bow to field tips. check em out forgebow(dot)com

i dont think you will be disappointed

chris o

thanks for the input guys... i guess i have some more research to do. pooh where about in wadena are you? we have 80 acres up cty 26 and cty rd 7 next to lyons state forest. someone stopped in my work and had said this fall the monster quest show was in blue grass. i guess there was a big foot sighting up there????